Direwolf's AMA

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
embirrim

Direwolf's AMA

Post by embirrim »

Just wanted to put it out there that direwolf20 is doing an AMA. Over a year ago, when he finished his first or second LP, I remember him saying he wanted to try out BTW, I was not playing it at the time, but I remembered it from the yogscast video and started playing the mod around then.
I went ahead and asked if he was ever going to do a BTW LP on the AMA thread on MCF, and as he said he would answer the most asked questions, if anybody else is interested in watching something like this, however improbable, go over there and ask the same question.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Re: Direwolf's AMA

Post by Sarudak »

What is an AMA?
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

"Ask Me Anything"
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ask him if he supports modder rights and the independence of Better Than Wolves ;)
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

FlowerChild wrote:Ask him if he supports modder rights and the independence of Better Than Wolves ;)
+40 million. Totally was gonna post that.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Done. Cause I really what to hear what direwolfs has to say about his "friends" actions (because you know it will come up).
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Can someone post a link? I would love to show my support by asking that, but I can't seem to find it.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

dawnraider wrote:Can someone post a link? I would love to show my support by asking that, but I can't seem to find it.
Here you go.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Here's a nice little gem:
Question:Would you consider doing a playthrough of Better Than Wolves?
AskedBy:embirrim
Answer:BTW Looks like an awesome mod. I've not had a chance to play it, and don't really think I could fit it in.
The most polite way of saying he doesn't want to catch crap for playing better than wolves ;)
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Love him or hate him, I gotta respect a man who knows the proper use of the word 'suite'. The whole "I can't betray the Steve skin that I'm so well known for. I feel like if I didn't have Steve with me, people might not realize its Minecraft that I'm playing!" line also seemed to be rather telling.
Better is the enemy of Good
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

You know, his SMP vids I can hardly watch anymore. A BUNCH of the forgecraft guy's voices are unbelievably annoying and nasal.
XantyZon

Post by XantyZon »

As a former watcher of DW I don't think that BTW would fit his style. BTW might make it in as a mod spot light but not a LP series. DW makes a lot of quick builds and needs a lot of blocks and things to to show off quickly. BTW takes time play well. To me BTW is more about game play and using components that are given to you to make complex builds than showing off some flashy blocks. On the occasion I do watch one of his resent videos and I can't help but notice what effect that FC has had on the other mods. I see the other mod desperately trying have better tech tree and more complex game play but in the end failing because they have to make concessions to be able to run with other mods.

I would love to see him play BTW but I understand he has to be more like a businessman than a gamer.
Is it better to have posted and failed or to have never posted at all?
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I never really understood people's fascination with his videos. The one I saw he had full EE equipment and I think was using creative while demoing another mod entirely. Didn't seem that interesting to me.
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

Only seen a few mod spotlights of his and I wouldn't be surprised if someone somewhere made a drinking out of his videos. Take a drink any time he says "awesome" or "cool" and you'll be sloshed after the first two minutes :P
Jeet

Post by Jeet »

I've seen mention of a drinking game where you would take a drink every time his phone dinged/vibrated.