What is BWF?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: What is BWF?

Post by FlowerChild »

Gormador wrote: LexManos needs to either grow a pair of balls or a non-childish brain, depending of his level of involvement in this (even though I'm quite sure he would need those anyway...).
IMO, it's gone way beyond that man. Lex's behavior went way beyond the ability to explain or apologize for in this, and his constant denials of involvement have only amounted to him bold-faced lying directly to his own supporters.

In other words, it's time for him to step away from the Forge. He no longer has the credibility to be the head of such a powerful community, and is being proven to be a spiteful and vindictive "leader" that has no qualms about attempting to crush any voice of dissent.

Regardless of my feelings on the Forge, I would *never* want to be dependent on someone like that in my creative efforts, and I am sure I'm not alone in that sentiment. In fact, I now *know* I am not alone in that sentiment.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

As far as LexManos is concerned. I listened to some of that video and the level of arrogance and condescension toward not only the players of minecraft but also the modders was rather disturbing. I only listened to about an hour because I found it so obnoxious (although the music playing in the background didn't help). I find it hard to believe that he hasn't offended most of the minecraft modders who do or don't use forge at one time or another.
rrusciguy

Post by rrusciguy »

Just had an extremely tasteless troll in the MCF forums on the BTW thread. Im still laughing at how childish they are
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

FlowerChild wrote:For someone that has been a party to this whole debacle, that's seemingly expressing some regret over the course that it has taken, to now ask me for a clear statement indicating I do not wish it to be released, after I have clearly stated the grievous harm it has done to me and my mod's development loudly and repeatedly, is insulting at a very fundamental level.
Really don't understand what slowpoke is getting at by asking this, either he's just plain retarded, trying to add salt to your wounds or attempting to cover his own arse so that he doesn't get dragged down with the whole of this. The BTW thread clearly states you do not grant redistribution rights so as you said why the hell would someone ask this? My bet is he's scared and doesn't want his reputation in the MC community tarnished by this but I'd imagine you've got a better perspective of what his aims are.

As an end note: I've not been active over this issue up until now due to traveling, but like many of the great people on this forum have said you have my full support. Things seems to be picking up though lets hope you get some resolution before Christmas.

"The question isn't why we fight but what is worth fighting for." - seemed appropriate no idea who said it :P
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I think slowpoke wants something to quote to FTB users when they start asking for a modpack including BWF.

EDIT: Of course that's silly since apparently BWF requires you to download BTW seperately there's no way they could include it in a modpack without violating your copyright which already has a clear statement so I have no idea what's going on.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:I think slowpoke wants something to quote to FTB users when they start asking for a modpack including BWF.

EDIT: Of course that's silly since apparently BWF requires you to download BTW seperately there's no way they could include it in a modpack without violating your copyright which already has a clear statement so I have no idea what's going on.
Again, the BTW requirement is tenuous at best. Slap a mod-pack in, and you in no way need to download BTW itself.

Once again...just the veneer of legitimacy there, not the real deal.
azagal73

Post by azagal73 »

rrusciguy wrote:Just had an extremely tasteless troll in the MCF forums on the BTW thread. Im still laughing at how childish they are
I hope you reported him like I did.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

azagal73 wrote: I hope you reported him like I did.
Don't bother going on about him. I saw the posts myself right before they were deleted, and they were amusing, but going on about some random troll does nothing in terms of the overall issue at hand.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

FlowerChild wrote: Again, the BTW requirement is tenuous at best. Slap a mod-pack in, and you in no way need to download BTW itself.

I was under the impression it actually somehow required your code to run. Like it was calling functions in your code or something. Else why would they require users to download BTW?
rrusciguy

Post by rrusciguy »

FlowerChild wrote:
azagal73 wrote: I hope you reported him like I did.
Don't bother going on about him. I saw the posts myself right before they were deleted, and they were amusing, but going on about some random troll does nothing in terms of the overall issue at hand.
Azagal, i reported him right away.
Are things still advancing towards a positive resolution on your end, FC?
rrusciguy

Post by rrusciguy »

Sarudak wrote:
FlowerChild wrote: Again, the BTW requirement is tenuous at best. Slap a mod-pack in, and you in no way need to download BTW itself.

I was under the impression it actually somehow required your code to run. Like it was calling functions in your code or something. Else why would they require users to download BTW?

As far as ive been able to figure, they just use the textures from BTW, somehow thinking using FC's origional textures from the mod itself circumvents their wrongdoing
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote: I was under the impression it actually somehow required your code to run. Like it was calling functions in your code or something. Else why would they require users to download BTW?
Again...for the textures, probably so that they don't have to worry about any copyright claims on them, and to further confuse what they're actually doing...like they did with you :)

NO BTW code is run while this thing is being run. It's all their code, a reverse-engineered rewrite of my own.

Again, from the front-page of their own site:
Better With Forge is a rewrite of Better Than Wolves for Minecraft Forge.
Reference:

ezekielelin.com/bwf/
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I will say one thing about the trolls that seem to be popping up pretty rapidly on the BTW MCF thread now (much more rapidly than the past few days):

They seem to be getting pretty desperate and making a last ditch attempt to slam me.

Guess they're finding my previous statements here today rather alarming. Go team :)
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Woohoo!

*jams report button* I've developed a report template over the past few days. :D
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
rrusciguy

Post by rrusciguy »

FlowerChild wrote:I will say one thing about the trolls that seem to be popping up pretty rapidly on the BTW MCF thread now (much more rapidly than the past few days):

They seem to be getting pretty desperate and making a last ditch attempt to slam me.

Guess they're finding my previous statements here today rather alarming. Go team :)

Ive re-read this last guy's (IAmFlowerAdult) post over and over, still not making any sense XD
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

rrusciguy wrote:Ive re-read this last guy's (IAmFlowerAdult) post over and over, still not making any sense XD
It makes perfect sense in the context of desperation.

If that's the best that Lex and crew can muster at the moment, again....go team :)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

People who have pride in doing something don't the have the rights to do that something! Spread the word!

Do you think he knew what hypocrisy meant, or just thought it sounded smart?
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
BrainNoMore

Post by BrainNoMore »

When reporting troll on MCF, what would be some good explanation filler? I just typed "This person seems to be trolling." but I wan't to read some better formed explanations.
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

I've been observing and reporting. Trying to do what I can, as always you have my support.
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
muggsbud

Post by muggsbud »

i just put flame baiting.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

BrainNoMore wrote:When reporting troll on MCF, what would be some good explanation filler? I just typed "This person seems to be trolling." but I wan't to read some better formed explanations.
My reports generally consist of a single word. "Troll", "Spam"...whatever.

The mods don't need further explanation as the original post is attached to the report and they can figure it out themselves (they'll read the post to determine the reports validity anyways).

Thus, anything else you really say just wastes the mod's time in giving them more to read through.

But again guys...we're going off topic here. Can we talk about reporting techniques on another occasion please? :)
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

This whole deal may be beyond this but my impression of why slowpoke wants a clear statement from FC is to save his own ass. He doesn't want to take responsibility for not supporting BWF and wants to save face with btw users and forge users by playing both sides and isolating fc specificly as the bad guy. Any claims of 'why no bwf?' He can respond to with a quote from FC. Thus it would move the complaints to fc, while at the same time not actually support fc. It let's him keep his forge bed buddies, and have a false leg of respecting FC's wishes to stand on in order to attract more people to ftb. Slowpoke has made it very clear one of his top goals is download numbers, it was one of his only arguments for trying to talk fc into joining ftb.
I can respect people for being blunt and straightforward even if I disagree with them, but I hate people who play both sides in backhanded ways for popularity.
Last edited by SterlingRed on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

It's pretty entertaining to see all of the "bugs" posted in the bwf official site. A lot of them are saying how it is a rip-off or morally wrong. It just goes to show that self-entitled idiots that have no respect for people cannot win.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Elensaar

Post by Elensaar »

I'm glad to hear that this seems to be going in the right direction. And you're right about not trusting Forge. I couldn't trust an API where the teamlead behaves this way.

As always, you have my full support FC. It is not now, nor should it ever be, up to anyone but you that decides what's done to your mod.

I find it strange that most of these "Ideas are free" people can't wrap their heads around the fact that BTW is more than just an idea. Mechanical power is an idea. Even all the components of the tech tree as a whole is an idea. But the way that idea is expressed (not on a low level like code, but as ingame behaviour) in BTW is very specific.
Lots of planets have a north...!
MrLemon

Post by MrLemon »

Does anyone have the link to the thread(s) where this is taking place? I'd like to help out, howeverI've not been able to find the correct place.