NEED A SEED (BTW Lover getting discouraged!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Rylek

NEED A SEED (BTW Lover getting discouraged!

Post by Rylek »

Ok so I'm getting rather tired of playing standard worlds (I prefer large biome maps), and in the last month +, I've started 20 to 30 large biome worlds, only to spend hours and hours exploring the landscape looking for the near-nonexistent wolf to lure home to collect it's precious leavings.

After 5 weeks of searching, I have become fed up with not being able to build my new empire, and somewhat disheartened by this mod which I adore. Thus, I must ask for the community's help and request a good Large Biome Seed with some wolves near the spawn that I can wrangle and use to forge a bold new world!

If anyone has such a seed, PLEASE, I beg you on bended knee... HELP ME!

EDIT: yes, I know I can start a world with cheats on and spawn my own wolf, but I don't like doing that. I prefer to do it the old-fashioned way.
Last edited by Rylek on Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: NEED A SEED (BTW Lover getting discouraged!

Post by FlowerChild »

It always amuses me when people create large biome worlds for increased challenge, then get frustrated when that challenge bites them in the ass.
Rylek

Post by Rylek »

FlowerChild wrote:It always amuses me when people create large biome worlds for increased challenge, then get frustrated when that challenge bites them in the ass.
I just hate having my castles & such in two different biomes, and one side is rained on and one side gets snow. It gets my OCD agitated.

HOLY HELL... Its you... :O

Edit: and I don't really see LB Worlds as a challenge (aside from finding wolves) because its easier for me to get sand for my builds (I go through lots of glass). So for me, LB worlds are less challenging than standard, but more aesthetically appealing
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Did you try the search function? There was a thread made about large biomes seeds a while ago.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5190

You might want to put more effort into your hobbies considering you claim to be so passionate.
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

ating will start you in a large plains biome, with forest and tundra bordering it for plenty of wolves. All of the strongholds are in unique biomes, and don't change biome within 128 blocks either.

Best seed I've found since LB came out tbh. Use it well.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Blazara

Post by Blazara »

I'm the same, I only play on Large Biome, hardcore difficulty worlds.

Try this seed: "Something goat related!" With the speech marks. I spent hours searching goat related seeds. Next to a quite large village in the middle of plains with forest nearby. Still not easy by any means.

The seed: Not so fresh mountain goat?
Is a good one too, a nice challenging snowy plains.
Last edited by Blazara on Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blazara wrote: I, am a BETTERTHANwolfaboo.
Kmand

Post by Kmand »

FlowerChild wrote:It always amuses me when people create large biome worlds for increased challenge, then get frustrated when that challenge bites them in the ass.
I think the main reason for why people (including I) play with large biomes is aesthetics.

I my opinion it also meshes so well with one of the stated goals of BTW, which is to increase the value and utility of transportation systems, waypoints, etc.
I started my world with HCB, but before screw pumps, so I had to travel across an ocean to get to an extreme hills biome with a high water source. When hardcore bed came, it required me to build two cool lighthouses, docks and a trail of neat little sea signs on the ocean islands. Wanting to get access to slimeballs in a swamp biome, I had to design an awesome treetop waypoint system to get through a thick forest. A jungle is also necessary, so I got to build a track all the way through a huge desert and modify some temples to act as waypoints. And I'm not even that far into the tech tree yet.

So it really expands the area of the world you have explore and personalize, something I really like. But yeah, I guess if you don't research spawns beforehand, you might get shafted by it.
Rylek

Post by Rylek »

OH MY GOD!

I took a shot and started a new LB world 5 minutes ago, and I found a pack of wolves right on the edge of a massive desert biome!

*falls to knees and weeps* FINALLY!
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

large biomes: hairy pits
definitely the best seed ive ever found. It spawns you in the center of a MASSIVE desert. The desert covers more than an entire map (old size zoom) and contains 3 villages, 2 surface dungeons, and 3 desert temples. I have been using this one for a month now and its beautiful and quite the challenge.

default: dungeonquest is also good. it spawns you in a taiga not far from a beautiful jungle with a temple right next to a lake and not to far from both an ocean and an extreme hills biome. Absolutely beautiful but not much of a challenge.
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
Xaedblade

Post by Xaedblade »

Blazara wrote:I'm the same, I only play on Large Biome, hardcore difficulty worlds.

Try this seed: "Something goat related!" With the speech marks. I spent hours searching goat related seeds. Next to a quite large village in the middle of plains with forest nearby. Still not easy by any means.

The seed: Not so fresh mountain goat?
Is a good one too, a nice challenging snowy plains.
WOW! great seed! I found this little hole in the ground with Tons of resources and it is on a slime chunk. I made it my base.