DarkCraft Server Up V4-36 [Whitelist]Server Up

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Minecraft4455

DarkCraft Server Up V4-36 [Whitelist]Server Up

Post by Minecraft4455 »

Minecraft DarkCraft Better than wolves Server

Whitelist

So finally i have 1 week of rest from dumb school so this is whitelisted and also uptime would be from 10am to 10pm :)

Server max players
[0/15]

Rules:
1:Don't spawn kill will result in 2 hour ban
2:Don't grief
3:be kinda mature ;)
4:Have fun

Whitelist Application:
1:Age?
2:Ingame Name?
3:Why do you want to join this small community
4:WHAT have you done with Better than wolves?

IP:71.116.255.184

Thanks for reading Hopefully you will apply :)
Last edited by Minecraft4455 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Nekhs

Re: DarkCraft Better Than Wolves V4-31 [Non-Whitelist][10 sl

Post by Nekhs »

Speaking from experience as I run a small private server myself, if you want your rules followed (Particularly the 'don't grief' one), you need to whitelist the server. Even full-on Anarchy servers apply whitelists to ensure that people who break the rules are kept off the server.

There's nothing quite like logging on to find out some random jerk popped on and stole all your stuff. My friends subsequently killed said jerk and stole his house, but it was still disconcerting that it happened.

Cheers, good luck, and all that.
Check my stream at http://www.twitch.tv/nekhs.
It's usually on sometime between 12AM-3:30AM CST.
Sorry if I don't immediately reply in chat, I'm usually too busy playing the game to notice.
Minecraft4455

Post by Minecraft4455 »

Nekhs wrote:Speaking from experience as I run a small private server myself, if you want your rules followed (Particularly the 'don't grief' one), you need to whitelist the server. Even full-on Anarchy servers apply whitelists to ensure that people who break the rules are kept off the server.

There's nothing quite like logging on to find out some random jerk popped on and stole all your stuff. My friends subsequently killed said jerk and stole his house, but it was still disconcerting that it happened.

thanks ima whitelist it for now i was not gonna whitelist because alot of people don't like whitelist servers but ill give it another go :)

Server will go up today :3
Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

How long do you expect to keep the server running? Depending on that, i might give it a go. Never tried anarchy before.
Nekhs

Post by Nekhs »

Minecraft4455 wrote:
Nekhs wrote:Speaking from experience as I run a small private server myself, if you want your rules followed (Particularly the 'don't grief' one), you need to whitelist the server. Even full-on Anarchy servers apply whitelists to ensure that people who break the rules are kept off the server.

thanks ima whitelist it for now i was not gonna whitelist because alot of people don't like whitelist servers but ill give it another go :)

Server will go up today :3
Good call, man. I would also encourage you to update the thread title to reflect that, so people don't flood your server with failed login requests without reading the thread.

You sound like you'll make a nice admin. Just don't be afraid to swing the banhammer if you know you're right.

If I didn't have my own server to run, I'd prolly check this out. New worlds are exciting.
Check my stream at http://www.twitch.tv/nekhs.
It's usually on sometime between 12AM-3:30AM CST.
Sorry if I don't immediately reply in chat, I'm usually too busy playing the game to notice.
Minecraft4455

Re: DarkCraft Better Than Wolves V4-35 [Whitelist][15 slots]

Post by Minecraft4455 »

SERVER IS DOWN for now tommorow in the morning ill put back up so apply
pofs

Re: DarkCraft Server Up V4-35 [Whitelist][15 slots]

Post by pofs »

IGN: pofs

Reason: I would like to experience this mod with other people.

Experience: A week of getting used to the mod, 3 yrs of minecraft
Minecraft4455

Re: DarkCraft Server Up V4-35 [Whitelist][15 slots]

Post by Minecraft4455 »

pofs wrote:Age: 17
IGN: pofs

Reason: I would like to experience this mod with other people.

Experience: A week of getting used to the mod, 3 yrs of minecraft

Whitelisted server be up in 5 mins just need to update :)
Benanov

Re: DarkCraft Server Up V4-36 [Whitelist][15 slots]

Post by Benanov »

IGN: Benanov (convenient, that)
Reason: It gets lonely on the BWR test servers sometimes
Experience: A couple of months with BTW; Minecraft since Beta. I can do basic mechanical builds and climb the tech tree. I'm more of an infrastructure guy than an amazing builder.
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
Minecraft4455

Re: DarkCraft Server Up V4-36 [Whitelist][15 slots]

Post by Minecraft4455 »

Benanov wrote:Age: Twice as old as the previous poster
IGN: Benanov (convenient, that)
Reason: It gets lonely on the BWR test servers sometimes
Experience: A couple of months with BTW; Minecraft since Beta. I can do basic mechanical builds and climb the tech tree. I'm more of an infrastructure guy than an amazing builder.

Whitelisted awsome now i can really startup this server :)
shakeyknight

Re: DarkCraft Server Up V4-36 [Whitelist]Server Up

Post by shakeyknight »

IGN: shakeyknight
Reason: Play on servers whenever I have the time and being a small community allows you to get to know the other players somewhat :)
Experience: Just returning to BTW from a few month not even with minecraft,RL is eating my time...
I feel that I am more a builder and would like to learn mechanics of the mod more indept. i also infrequently take requests for builds like factories with spaces for machines etc.