Panda's Dokucraft Texture Pack[BTW 4.9Marsupial]

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
dawnraider

Re: Panda's Dokucraft Texture Pack [BTW4.34] CTM HOLY SHIZZ

Post by dawnraider »

Ancilangeli wrote:(you know how i like my wood).
except espacially in bed :p

Anyways, nice work Panda!
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Ancilangeli wrote: I didnt even know ctm could work for mod textures.
What makes you think it does? I didn't see anything in Panda's pack that might indicate that it would. Or did I just miss something obvious?
Anyway, dispite multiple tries, conversations with one of the heaviest users of CTM on the MCF, Glimmar, we still can't figure out a way to use CTM on mod blocks. :/
Things about me.
Show
1: I hate all updates past 1.2.5. Server lag in SP?!?
2: I've never made it to SFS.
3:
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

I like the look of the fences and pressure plates, as well as the rocky soil. First things I noticed.

Thanks for updating, PANDA! I had to download immediately 'cause... well... I just couldn't say no...
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
KittenToaster

Post by KittenToaster »

Puurrrrfect !

Rated 10 out of 10 Panda and I sincerely hope that your finals yield the same results. ;)

Keep up the good work!
Ancilangeli

Post by Ancilangeli »

Anbaric wrote:
Ancilangeli wrote: I didnt even know ctm could work for mod textures.
What makes you think it does?
well i havnt actually launched minecraft with it yet because im working on making it mine (a few textures i always change to go with a map im making), but when i looked through the pack i saw ctm/extras (and was tired as hell so didnt figure it might be extra stuff to throw in there) and saw things that look like cauldrons (not the cistern variety), but i even said with that that i could be mistaken on what i was seeing. either way i can tell by looking that a lot of work was put into this release, especially in the way of ctm support which is also where we get our random textures (and i wish i understood how to make ctm textures because the idea of carvings on trees is awesome and i would like to make some more random carvings)
EDIT- i also dont generally assume that everyone cant do something just because someone or even almost everyone cant figure it out. keep in mind were talking about someone who figured out something the author of the mod it was for couldnt already, stoked fire. and while fc is admittedly not a texture artist and glimmar is (and a damned good one at that, one of the best and most innovating in my book) you have to take that into account.
how to take a no like a sir
Spoiler
Show
a forum user after being told they couldnt do something wrote:Alright, that's all I wanted to know, thank you very much.

I think that this closes the issue. Thread can be locked.
abzu93

Post by abzu93 »

Ancilangeli wrote:<snip> i wish i understood how to make ctm textures </snip>
Challenge accepted.

Everything you possibly wanted to know about CTM. An article on MCF.
A texture artists guide to MCPatcher's features
BTW Independence Sig
Spoiler
Show
Ancilangeli

Post by Ancilangeli »

ok so not as complicated as i thought it might be but still gonna take some learning and testing for me. thank you kindly for the link, one less thing to try to find on my attempts at learning this
Spoiler
Show
a forum user after being told they couldnt do something wrote:Alright, that's all I wanted to know, thank you very much.

Panda

Post by Panda »

Temp hold on updates, my Pc dies.... FML
Never say no to Panda.
Panda

Post by Panda »

So i got some cool shit for you guys now that i got my Pc up and going, For my next release ill be including mod support for CraftGuide also try stacking stone slabs next release.... ;D something cool might happen.

Also if anyone has modified my btwterrains can i see them?? i love seeing what people are doing and think should change!
Panda over and out:
Spoiler
Show
Never say no to Panda.
EdzyWhat

Post by EdzyWhat »

Hey Panda! Just wanted to say I really love your pack and I've been using some of your textures for a personal pack. I also had a question regarding ctm, since the MCF guys aren't super great, and you've been making some progress on CTM. I've been trying and been getting inconsistent evidence that I can do CTM for BTW/any mod blocks. For example, I can successfully change the texture for the Obsidian pressure plate, but I can't seem to make a randomizer for White Cobble. Can you or anyone else take a look and point me in the right direction.

Obsidian Pressure Plate (Working):

Code: Select all

source=/ctm/randomizer.png

method=random
tiles=127
faces=all
renderpass=2

obsidian pressure plate
White Cobble (Not Working):

Code: Select all

source=/ctm/randomizer.png
blockIDs=215
faces=all
method=random
tiles=128-134
metadata=10
weights=35 20 20 20 20 20 10 10

White Cobble Block
Texture:
Spoiler
Show
I had an image here once. Then I took an arrow... somewhere...
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Oh I've made quite a few changes, mostly mixing yours and Battos TP. This is all just personal preference, I love your TP and Batto's.

I changed tables a little bit so they tile differently then other wood (so I could use them as borders and things in floors): http://i.imgur.com/rWz8f.jpg

I swapped out your SFS block, CHF block, diamond block and lapis block for batto's (for variance): http://i.imgur.com/1tHew.jpg

I swapped out your light blue wool for batto's light blue (again for variance), and swapped out the rest for default doku wools: http://i.imgur.com/lbyXc.jpg

I changed glowstone and the BTW light block and the redstone lamp textures for variance: http://i.imgur.com/UXWt4.jpg

I changed planks so that they're varied instead of just different colors (personal preference, used some options from the doku customizer): http://i.imgur.com/7GIGq.png

I added a CTM properties file for flowers, and added in your textures for my flowers so I could still sort of have them in there in spirit:
Yellow flower - http://i.imgur.com/QyK90.jpg
Spoiler
Show
terrain13.properties
source=/ctm/CTM Environment.png

method=random
tiles=180-184
weights=10 1 2 1 1

Yellow Flower
Red flower - http://i.imgur.com/90ZLn.jpg
Spoiler
Show
terrain12.properties

method=random
tiles=164-168
weights=10 2 1 1 1

Red Flower
modified CTM Environment.png:
Spoiler
Show
Also added a properties file for grass:
Spoiler
Show
method=random
tiles=233-239

Grass
I changed the birch wood back to regular white with green leaves, for personal preference.

And here's my terrain.png in case I missed anything:
Spoiler
Show
And btwterrain01.png:
Spoiler
Show
Anyway, just showing you the changes I made since you wanted to see. I really wish we could get mod textures working with CTM... But of your pack, I really don't have any complaints. It's an awesome pack, keep it up :)
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Oh, Kaos. When I see your creativity crackling away, I long for ye olde days of deco mod. :)

Nice, subtle changes there. I'm particularly a fan of the flowers.

Panda, I remember when you made the changes to the doors and trapdoors, you mentioned you were starting to take Doku in your own direction. Is that still the plan? I liked the change, and it seemed like a personal style was emerging with the sort of 'fitted together rectangle' look.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

Alright Panda, I'm really loving your texture pack, including the CTM support, but I'm a little confused.
There are a ton of texture files for CTM that don't seem to correlate to any block in vanilla OR in the mod. Are they alternates of some sort?
Panda

Post by Panda »

ok so the extras u guys keep asking about are from Fyreuk's creative pack, which is a TP for creative mode with no BTW support. like many doku artists we build off of each other, one person does something cool the next takes to and adapts it to there own taste, like how i adapted Batosays pack into what it is now, pandoku mix, Im not using those textures because i didnt make them, whoever when i make my own versions they will be implemented.

Also next update when you put flour in a cauldron youll find its a beer texture, HeHe.....
Never say no to Panda.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

kaos78414 wrote:Oh I've made quite a few changes, mostly mixing yours and Battos TP. This is all just personal preference, I love your TP and Batto's.

-SNIPPY SNIP-

Anyway, just showing you the changes I made since you wanted to see. I really wish we could get mod textures working with CTM... But of your pack, I really don't have any complaints. It's an awesome pack, keep it up :)

Oh Kaos, that's so nice looking. Would it be possible to provide a download link? It's so perdy and I want to use it. No offense to Panda's textures, but I want these ones a bit more.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Detritus wrote:Oh Kaos, that's so nice looking. Would it be possible to provide a download link? It's so perdy and I want to use it. No offense to Panda's textures, but I want these ones a bit more.
I don't know why people seem to think I actually *made* any of these textures. All the textures pictured there are available through Panda's pack, Batto's, or the dokucraft customizer - the only exception is the table, which is just a slight edit. I just want to make sure credit is given where it's due. All I did was mix together some of the textures these fine people have created.

As to a download, all the materials are there in my previous post if you want to make those same edits. :)

-

@Panda: I'm excited to see what else you're planning with CTM. Has anyone yet figured a way to get it to work with mod block textures?
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Fair enough, I just like them as you have them compiled. Because I'm too lazy, I'll just use Panda's as is.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
Panda

Post by Panda »

No no dont worry about it guys!! :D Dokucraft TSC is a community project, so its fine, my next project with CTM is to make it soo that three crafting tables next to each other make a Study table! :D
Never say no to Panda.
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

Some things I changed (I didn´t touched the columns/pedestals, why did I placed them there?
Spoiler
Show
ImageThe light block ist still the same, I just put it there to compare it with the changed redstone lamp
You see, the white stone is much smoother now (like the normal stone), and the white cobble got the old white stone texture.
How it looks:
Spoiler
Show
I changed the endstone too to look better combined with the cobble.
the btwterrain file:
Spoiler
Show
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Ancilangeli

Post by Ancilangeli »

got to thinking about what you said about making it easy to distinguish blocks apart (color coding) and it got me to thinking, all the power blocks looked alike... so i rearranged a couple more textures (all yours).

-snip-

i also altered some other blocks (again using your textures) to fit better with the gloomy jungle island feel im going for. still have to replace that light block and have more to do on the screw pump but thats where im at currently.
and as always feel free to use whatever (they did start life as your textures after all, im just giving them new purpose)

EDIT>> moved terrain sheet to bottom of page

happy texturing
Last edited by Ancilangeli on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
Show

Panda

Post by Panda »

Bitches this is a real mans crafting table, big and juicy!
Spoiler
Show
Never say no to Panda.
Ancilangeli

Post by Ancilangeli »

looks slick, have a suggestion though... what if you stretched the canvas all the way across the top?
Spoiler
Show

Panda

Re: Panda's Dokucraft Texture Pack [BTW4.37] CTM HOLY SHIZZ

Post by Panda »

guys stack some stone slabs and put crafting tables next to each other!!
Never say no to Panda.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

You've updated the pack I guess?
Ancilangeli

Post by Ancilangeli »

okies panda, will do (and yes it is quite updated). already loving some of the recent changes without seeing them in game yet... others, well, lets leave spoilers for spoilers
Spoiler
Show
crafting tables and slabs you say?

and with some slight changes

EDIT>>forgot to ad the png in case anyones interested (just replace ctm/ctmcrafting)

also made an RPG style pumpkin texture

have no screenshots of my favorite update (bloodwood trees) but im sure ill see it soon enough

EDIT>> also forgot, my newest btwterrain01
Spoiler
Show