New Release! (BTW V4.34)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Ferrus.Manus

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.34)

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

The Chopping Block is also very nice aesthetic add-on, it looks like blood-splattered tiles, for that torture room/mad scientist laboratory/slaughterhouse look.
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

Ferrus.Manus wrote:The Chopping Block is also very nice aesthetic add-on, it looks like blood-splattered tiles, for that torture room/mad scientist laboratory/slaughterhouse look.
Oh man these are definitely going to be used to build my trophy room. Blood splattered walls, heads on stakes, some gloomy lighting and a big enough space for the cave noises of minecraft to sound. It will be a room of terror!
StarsintheSky

Post by StarsintheSky »

I hopped into game last night for just a few minutes to check out the chopping block. I really like the texture and I really like the idea. At first I didn't quite understand how to get the damage bonus and I tried several configurations before I went to bed. Then, lying in the dark, it dawned on me and I got a big grin on my face. Very clever, FlowerChild, very clever indeed.

Also, I think the Nether mob spawn limitation makes way more sense than a general light-level rule. Watching LPs with people building Nether fortress farms I always felt the low-light rule of thumb didn't really make sense. Thank you for changing this.
IGN: Beschaulichkeit
Ozziie

Post by Ozziie »

Really looking forward to catching up tonight, I'm a few releases behind due to a rogue heatsink :(

The insight we have been given from various threads (especially The Dev Diaries and BTW: The life of Minecraft.) is fascinating and highlights the broader picture that is being pieced together each release.

Keep up the hard work! :)
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Good timing, I was just wrestling with the design of an irritating nether farm kill system using suffocation. The chopping block is pure genius and will be extremely useful! Thanks as always!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thanks guys!

Yeah, the Chopping Block is just a little thing (maybe took me 30 mins to an hour of work total), but it sure can come in handy under the right circumstances.

Glad people seem to like the textures on it. I'm really not an artist, but I do try to come up with secondary aesthetic uses for most blocks that I'm adding in these days.

Anyways, I'm going to get right back onto the beacons. The Chopping Block was a bit of a tangent for me, but after it was done I realized I had enough stuff in the release that I wanted to get it out to you guys so you could play with it before moving onto other things.
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

The changes to the nether spawns are wonderful! Thanks for this release, FC.
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
odranoel

Post by odranoel »

wow, its these little updates that i love most about BTW. i seriously dont know which i like better, the chopping blocks actual use, or its aesthetic potential! it makes me think silent hill, maybe i can make a silent hill themed hospital now :p or just a perfect building material for the nether in general. kind of like a late Halloween present! :) thanks FC, stellar work as always. i cant believe how you manage to keep doing it over and over again man. your like a machine, thats on fire!
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

Another great update as always

quick question though: When trapping mobs between the saw and the chopping block im assuming you mean that the Chopping Block has to be 'touching' the saw. If so then does this mean that sticky pistons are required to push the block into the saw right?
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

TheGatesofLogic wrote:Another great update as always

quick question though: When trapping mobs between the saw and the chopping block im assuming you mean that the Chopping Block has to be 'touching' the saw. If so then does this mean that sticky pistons are required to push the block into the saw right?
Yup.

Great release, as always FC!
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!