Recommend a good anime

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
XantyZon

Re: Recommend a good anime

Post by XantyZon »

tedium wrote:i feel a need to ask, has anyone else seen Gungrave? I'm just curious if I'm the only one to nominate it because I'm the only one to have seen it, or if other people didn't enjoy it as much as me. I'm kind of biased, because it's from the same guy that made Trigun, which is my favorite anime and one of the first that sucked me into the genre/style. So I thought I was perhaps being a bit of an immature fanboy, and that it was likely that Gungrave was superior to Trigun. Can anyone give me a second opinion? :)
I liked both. If I were to compare Tigun to Gungrave I would have to say that I preferred Gungrave due to its darker nature.
Is it better to have posted and failed or to have never posted at all?
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is a great anime. Very funny and rediculous, with lots of explosions and giant robots.
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
LiveInPain

Post by LiveInPain »

Hi, Great Teacher Onizuka (GTO) is one of my favorite comedy anime, I never get tired of watching it over and over, I fully recomend it.
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

i recomemd nichijou and jungle guu(jungle wa itsumo hale nochi guu)
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
Thieme

Post by Thieme »

does anyone here watch or have watched one piece? It is my first anime i am following and liking it so far. A little over 100 episodes to go till i have to wait a week to get a new one. Maybe i'll come back to this thread then and watch some other stuff.
PureZaros

Post by PureZaros »

Does it have to be anime, or does manga work as well? Psyren is a pretty awesome manga. Also, I'm in the process of reading Air Gear. I don't know if it has an anime or not, but it's pretty interesting.
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:
Panda wrote:Edit: Thanks for the sticky good sir. <3
I really wish more women said things like this.
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

I don't really read manga. But recommend away, I don't mind.

Anyway, I settled on Baccano last night. It's really good so far, I'm liking it quite a lot. Thanks for the recommendations everyone :)
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Steins;Gate and FMA:B are amazing, hop to it :)
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

Shin Chan!
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
SageEthereal

Post by SageEthereal »

Best anime ever: FLCL (aka Fooly Cooly / Furi Kuri). 6 episodes of awesomeness you will not understand, but will still be awesome anyway.

Surprised no one else mentioned this, of course, it could be not as many people like it as I have thought.
DumbassTurtle

Post by DumbassTurtle »

I had a fairly terrible experience with anime following high school. I had some friends who liked to fancy themselves as true anime connoisseurs, when really they had terrible taste. They were a bit heavy on the prosthelytizing so I had basically sworn off all anime for the rest of my life.

So many years later my brother started telling me about some anime that I would probably like, I was very doubtful but gave it a chance and actually he was a very good judge of the series I would like. So I see that in XantyZon's post pretty much all of the ones I liked are listed but I thought I'd add one.

Black Butler (Kuroshitsuji) - Shōnen, supernatural/fantasy, dark comedy, action

Set in Victorian times England, it follows Ciel Phantomhive and his butler Sebastian. Lots of gorgeous art!

My brother skipped over this one because of the artwork and a little bit of fanservice (seemingly directed at females even though it's manga was published in a magazine targeted at young males). But went back to watch it after I found it and vouched for it. It does have some little bits that are very fangirl friendly but the supernatural overtones and it's darkness is what kept me watching. The first season is definitely very good but the second season is where it shines. Lots of twisted plots and deception, very interesting characters and some very neat use of historical locales/persons/events.
Eh something, something...