Weird hitbox thing

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Weird hitbox thing

Post by FlowerChild »

I got a message on twitter about this from someone that apparently only speaks Japanese (which I don't), so I'm unable to inquire about it in the usual fashion.

I just checked it myself though, and this is what F3 + B (which supposedly shows hitboxes... never used it before) shows for BTW:
Spoiler
Show
Any ideas as to what this might be? I somehow doubt that the player's box is actually that far misaligned as I think it would be quite noticeable in combat.
Rob

Re: Weird hitbox thing

Post by Rob »

Spoiler
Show
This is indeed the player hitbox. It seems to be 2 blocks above the player.

Although, it is like that in vanilla minecraft. Here is a screenshot from 1.5.2 vanilla.
Spoiler
Show
EDIT: Not sure if this is the actual hitbox, or just a graphical bug when not in first person.
Ethazeriel

Post by Ethazeriel »

I think it's a third-person graphical issue - I tried joining a LAN world with BTW installed and I get the same as you guys do above in third person, but looking at another player in first person seems normal:
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Word. Thanks for looking into it guys. That last screenshot of the other player settles it for me as a non-issue.

I suspect it's just what Rob suggested, as a third person camera glitch that doesn't impact actual gameplay.
ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

i have found a little bug maybe because the wrong hitboxe make that :

If we are on closed area 1 block by 2 high with a torch in the same level of head ...
There is a light bug !
Spoiler
Show
Steve , items , look black

But if you break only one block all are fine :

It's just a visual bug and i don't see any other probleme.
gaga654

Post by gaga654 »

I've noticed that before too. It's a vanilla bug, and seems to happen any time you have a partially transparent block surrounded on all sides except the bottom. It's actually a lot more noticeable with blocks that don't give off light themselves (e.g. buttons, levers, upside down stairs, etc.) since it makes the block look dark and not just entities standing inside it. So it's probably unrelated to the player hitbox issue.