Pig Men Aggro?

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Sir C

Pig Men Aggro?

Post by Sir C »

I was in the Nether surrounded by neutral Pig Men and was fired at by a Ghast. The hit missed completely but hit some Pig Men causing them all to aggro on me and I was quickly torn to bits. Is this a bug or intended/vanilla behavior? It's a pretty crap way to die.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Pig Men Aggro?

Post by FlowerChild »

Sir C wrote:I was in the Nether surrounded by neutral Pig Men and was fired at by a Ghast. The hit missed completely but hit some Pig Men causing them all to aggro on me and I was quickly torn to bits. Is this a bug or intended/vanilla behavior? It's a pretty crap way to die.
Intended. The pig men have no problem with ghasts when you aren't around, and you just got them hit with an explosive. They might not even know where it originated, they just know that they got hurt and the only difference in their usual situation is your presence.

I wouldn't advise walking around in the open in the nether.
Daisjun

Re: Pig Men Aggro?

Post by Daisjun »

Yeah I'd seriously advise treating every pigman as though they're hostile. They have some pretty funky aggro mechanics.