How to Correctly Install BTW v4.##+ for a Server [MC 1.4.5]

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Coexist

Re: How to Correctly Install BTW v4.##+ for a Server [MC 1.4

Post by Coexist »

i'm fairly new-sh to working with servers. but hey first try i got it up and running! thanks to you!

I do have a question though. I want to introduce a family friend to Better Than Wolves. It's the only real reason I have a server up but he cant join because it says he doesn't have the correct BTW installed. I was wondering if all he has to do is install it with MC Patcher. or is there something else he has to do?
Padfoote

Post by Padfoote »

Coexist wrote:i'm fairly new-sh to working with servers. but hey first try i got it up and running! thanks to you!

I do have a question though. I want to introduce a family friend to Better Than Wolves. It's the only real reason I have a server up but he cant join because it says he doesn't have the correct BTW installed. I was wondering if all he has to do is install it with MC Patcher. or is there something else he has to do?
He can do a manual install or a MCPatcher install, either will work. Just make sure if he does a MCPatcher that BTW is after ModLoader on the list and before all of the other options.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Coexist wrote:i'm fairly new-sh to working with servers. but hey first try i got it up and running! thanks to you!

He can install it manually without MCPatcher if he prefers that. Just make sure that the BTW server version is the same version he installs client side. (if the server is 4.59 he needs 4.59 to log in.)
Coexist

Post by Coexist »

walker_boh_65 wrote:

He can install it manually without MCPatcher if he prefers that. Just make sure that the BTW server version is the same version he installs client side. (if the server is 4.59 he needs 4.59 to log in.)
Cool i thought so. thanks!
Coexist

Post by Coexist »

Padfoote wrote:

He can do a manual install or a MCPatcher install, either will work. Just make sure if he does a MCPatcher that BTW is after ModLoader on the list and before all of the other options.
Thanks!
ArchAngel075

Post by ArchAngel075 »

I have followed both the readme that came with the mod.zip and this post but have enoutered the same issue :
Spoiler
Show
[INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.5.1
2013-04-21 19:12:20 [INFO] Better Than Wolves Version 4.67 Initializing...
2013-04-21 19:12:20 [SEVERE] Encountered an unexpected exception NoSuchMethodError
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: rh.InstallationIntegrityTestEntityItem()Z
at mod_FCBetterThanWolves.ModInstallationIntegrityTest(mod_FCBetterThanWolves.java:920)
at mod_FCBetterThanWolves.load(mod_FCBetterThanWolves.java:860)
at aab.<init>(World.java:151)
at iz.<init>(WorldServer.java:54)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(SourceFile:177)
at hz.c(SourceFile:176)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:306)
at gp.run(SourceFile:573)
2013-04-21 19:12:20 [INFO] Stopping server
2013-04-21 19:12:20 [INFO] Saving players
2013-04-21 19:12:20 [INFO] Saving worlds
2013-04-21 19:12:20 [INFO] Closing listening thread
2013-04-21 19:12:20 [INFO] Stopping server
Current version of BTW is 4.67 and MC is 1.5.1, not installed modloader as per the readme instructions.

Any idea what is the cause?
xxlemonboyxx

Post by xxlemonboyxx »

I can't seem to paste anything into the minecraft_server.jar, everytime i would get this error
C:\Users\T\Desktop\mc\mc server\Minecraft_Server.jar: The archive is corrupt

Anyway to fix this?
Vongard

Post by Vongard »

Hey the help was much appreciated but you may want to update the link for the server jar, as now you need http://assets.minecraft.net/1_5_2/minecraft_server.jar