BTW for minecraft beta 1.7.3

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
thomasths27

BTW for minecraft beta 1.7.3

Post by thomasths27 »

While deleting old stuff from my hard drive found i an old world save that I played a couple years ago with the BTW mod installed .Because I don't want to ruin the save with a new minecraft version I am seching the forum and Google for quite some time now without finding a download link that is not dead .Even BTW v 2.97 witch is I think the last mod version for beta 1.7.3 is dead to .Don't now if I'm realy that blind ^^ .If someone knows where i can find the mod let me know .
Sorry for my bad english. English isnt my first language.
darahalian

Re: BTW for minecraft beta 1.7.3

Post by darahalian »

Have you tried BTW v 2.94? I think that's the last one for beta 1.7.3, since the changelog for version 2.95 says updated to beta 1.81
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
thomasths27

Post by thomasths27 »

Yes I did, the link is down to
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

If I remeber properly, old versions are no longer aviable. Even the last one for each minecraft version.
gaga654

Post by gaga654 »

You might go ahead and try opening it with the newest version of BTW--just make sure to back it up first just in case. As far as I know there shouldn't have been any changes since then that would break the world (FC is always sure to avoid that kind of thing), and it can't hurt to try it and see if it works with the newest version.
thomasths27

Post by thomasths27 »

gaga654 wrote:You might go ahead and try opening it with the newest version of BTW--just make sure to back it up first just in case. As far as I know there shouldn't have been any changes since then that would break the world (FC is always sure to avoid that kind of thing), and it can't hurt to try it and see if it works with the newest version.
I loaded the world with a new BTW version and must say ,the new version is messing up the biomes pretty bad ^^
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

The biome thing would be vanilla [everything changed around b1.8].
FC also added his own tweaks to the terrain gen; but nothing that affects the surface morphology of the world.

If the world still runs, you might be able to cut your base out with MCedit and paste it into a fresh world; allowing you to 'fix' the terrain.
(I've heard a few good things about MCedit being able to handle modded blocks).
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there