Forum Game Called Godhood!

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
joetalbot1

Forum Game Called Godhood!

Post by joetalbot1 »

Hey. I picked this game up over at the Killer Squids forum. Here's how the game works: You spend an appropriate amount of things called acts on things you want to do, like, for example, making a planet, a race of animals, a star, or promoting an animal species to sentience. I will only accept 3 applicants, and update when I can. Fill out the following form to join.
NAME
DESCRIPTION
SPHERE(S) OF POWER

A sphere of power determines where you gain acts from. 1 sphere will get you 4 acts when it is activated, but add 3 more spheres to the fray and it only gets 1. Please don't have 3 spheres, or I will add a sphere that is completely useless to your form. As far as I know, there is no rule against forum games.
List of Gods and a brief description
Noodlegod- Life god
Triskel- Trickster god
The Bino One- Earth and Fire god
Fido- Intelligence god (played by me.)
Walker- Weather god
Last edited by joetalbot1 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
Nearly cause a flame war over MLP. check
Cost Flowerchild some sanity. check
Say,"I've seen everything, now to die." why would I?
joetalbot1

Re: Forum Game Called Godhood!

Post by joetalbot1 »

Anyone? Anyone at all? Any takers?
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

im not entirely sure how the game works.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

joetalbot1 wrote: NAME Stormweaver?
DESCRIPTION A....god.
SPHERE(S) OF POWER Everything. You know, being an omnipotent god and everything.
On second thoughts, I don't think I'm the right person for this. I don't suppose you could link to a past version of the game so we know what the hell it's supposed to be?
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Stormweaver wrote:I don't suppose you could link to a past version of the game so we know what the hell it's supposed to be?
Yeah, that would help out a lot. I'm pretty effing confused.
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

I am interest, though very confuse.

A past version of this would be quite the helper here.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

Well, the forum in which the original was posted required a promoted account, but I can put down an example game involving a god of air, a god of fire, a god of life, and a god of stone.

Stone- creates planet Generico -2 acts
Air- creates atmosphere around Generico -1 acts
Life- creates biosphere on Generico -4 acts
Fire- turns inside of Generico into magma -3 acts
etcetera, etcetera, ad infinitum. You get the point. Everyone can do whatever in a single round, but that round ends once I make a GM decree detailing the events of the round. And please only make 1 post per round. Anyways, there's a sun and a planet already, so no need to make one at first. And your acts aren't all that powerful at first, but they will grow in power.
Also, let me clear things up: 1. You are not omnipotent. You still have to exert effort. 2. "Description" means a detailed description of your domain of power. Ex: Fido is the god of loyalty, honor, and intelligence. He is what all paladins swear by, and the bane of traitors, mutineers, and all-around retards. 3. I will introduce rules as needed, cause there are a few rules that have no effect at the moment.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
Noodlerex

Post by Noodlerex »

ok I'll bite
NAME: Noodlegod
DESCRIPTION: Noodle is the god of Flora and Fauna
SPHERE(S) OF POWER:can create trees and such things
FlowerChild wrote: Never trust a bronie.
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

Worth a shot.

NAME: Triskel the Trickster
DESCRIPTION: God of Craft and Deceit.
SPHERE(S) OF POWER: Has power over the hearts of Men, and skilled in all their arts.

I will say that you need to have an end in mind, Joe... I've seen too many forum-games just up and die. =\
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

NAME:The Bino One
Description:God of Earth and Metal
Sphere(s) of power: Can create/destroy rock and metal, and slight control over magma

Nah, i feel like this will be fun :D
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

Spheres must be 1 word, and are what you gain power from. Fire sphere gives you acts when there is a hell of a lot of fire. Water is the same. But please don't use materials as your sphere of power except in the case of fire. Metal as a sphere would give acts when mining occurs and/or metal-working occurs.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
Speltz

Post by Speltz »

Still a bit lost as to how this is played, but am looking around now for some examples. Looks kind of neat though...

Edit: Found a bit more info:
Spoiler
Show
Godhood is a freeform game where you ascend to godhood and create an entire universe from the blank void. Think Lords of Creation, but with much less rules and thus much more creativity allowed. It has been stolen from another forum, which I will not name so no copying takes place/ "But it was like this in the other thread!"

This is a game about creation, and then the conflict that will arise when someone makes conflicting beings.

Rules:
Acts are your resources and power. Every god is granted two acts per turn, and more depending on your spheres (IE. God of war gets more while a large war is going on, etc.) You can use them to do anything, but the more powerful the thing, the more acts it will take.
In general, you can either A) Just post your act and at the end of the turn have me subtract how many acts I think it should take, possibly making you go into a negative number of acts, or B) ask me ahead of time in the OOC thread or in a PM how many acts a certain thing will take. Most things take just one act though, since you are gods!

The turns will last about 2-3 days (OOC) each, longer if allot happens and shorter if nothing happens. Posting once every couple days would be a minimum, more if you like to roleplay/chat with other gods. Breaks are of course allowed if I am warned or its only a couple days. You can create anything with your acts, but please theme it towards your spheres at least a little bit.

If you do not say in game "I am saving my acts!", and you do not spend them, one of them will be deleted, and the other carried on to the next turn. If you are inactive for too long without mentioning your on vacation, you might explode from act build up.

You may burn your acts if you gain too many but cannot think of something to do with them. If you do so, you may reclaim the acts before the end of your next turn. Burning an act does not count as an action, and as such you will only gain one act on your next turn.

Please DO NOT try to find the previous thread for this off-site.

Thats all the rules. If anything else comes up, we can deal with it then.

I'd like this to be story and character driven as much as possible.

Terminology:
God- Beings with the ability to create something from naught but their will. Usually gear their power into specific areas or 'spheres' which have some kind of link to their personality. Gods posses two souls with free will in both, which combine to form the god's own will and personality. Cannot be killed without separating the souls, which is deemed impossible.

EX: Zeus, Thor, God

Demigod- A creature born from the union of two gods. The being has some access to the spheres of both parents, but it's powers are weaker than either of them. However, demigods posses power at a level so far above mortals that only demigods or gods can kill them. Demigods have a soul of their own that makes decisions and feels emotions, but gets it's power from a small portion of both of it's parent's power (the god's power is unaffected, though it enables the god to detect the demigod's location whenever it uses it's power) Demigods cannot die by mundane means, only by the hand of a god or demigod. Costs two acts, paid by whichever player ends up roleplaying the demigod. Each player may only control one Demigod at a time, and only one Demigod can use a sphere from a particular god at a time. Unlike Avatars, demigods may NOT use minor spheres in their creation.

EX: Artemis (though in her mythology she was an actual god)

Avatar- A being born from the union of god and mortal. Are mortal in almost all aspects, save the ability to call on one of their god's spheres. Can be killed by mundane means in theory (unless a sphere specifically deals with it - an Avatar of Disease would be immune to pestilence, for example) but in practice it is extremely difficult due to the power of the avatar's sphere being the same as the god's. The avatar must relearn it, but otherwise should be fine. An Avatar gains it's power by accessing one of it's parent's spheres. This sphere is permanent and does not change. Costs an Act to create. Only one Avatar may exist for a particular sphere of a particular god at any one time. Avatar powers are greatest when they posses a major sphere of the god they are sired from, but they may also have minor spheres.

EX: Kimoch, Vigilante Avatar (a moon elf in this game)

Divine Servant- A being created specifically to serve a god or goddess personally. The being has intelligence but no free will. What it requires to live varies but they are usually given the ability to survive without any sustenance. Divine Servants have no ability to pick goals for themselves but are capable of forming a plan to serve their master ('Make a sandwich' would be get bread, cover in mayonaise, add cheese, etc) Unlike species, divine servants cost no acts because they are unable to reproduce and expire on their own after a while.

EX: Angels (sorta)

Mortal- A living being that possesses free will but no divine power.

EX: You
Last edited by Speltz on Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

ROUND ONE, Start!
7 things burst into existence, a universe, a star, a planet, and 4 gods. Noodlegod, intent on creating life. Triskell, intent on screwing over said life. The Bino One, intent on laying foundations for life and/or death. And Fido, intent on making said life intelligent.
Acts:
Noodlegod:2
Triskell:2
Bino:2
Fido:2
Remember, bold your actions and use italics for flavor text.
Planet has no water, and no atmosphere. Also, to help speed things along, "life" now encompasses water and air, but does not gain power from them.
Noodle, your sphere is life. Triskell, your sphere is lies, deceit, and insurance policies rolled up into one package. Bino, I clarified your spheres to structure, and solid matter, making the act of building planets and such your specialty. Mine is intelligent life, both making it and profiting from it..
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

(OOC: Ok, so we're just waiting on Noodle for us to start... Heh, our pantheon is a little unbalanced)
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

Screw it. God that created universe gives the planet water and a breathable atmosphere. And life no longer encompasses water and air.
~Fido's Acts~
1.Focus divine power into a little black box that bolsters intelligence of nearby lifeforms. Make Artifact "Fido's Box" that bolsters intelligence. -2 acts.
Place box on planet. Name planet "Atrium". Name star "Heart". Those of you who know your coronary anatomy will be scared. But don't. I may be smiling right now, but I have other plans. Do not fret for Atrium's well-being.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

any way i could join in?

yes i can?
Spoiler
Show
NAME: The Walker
DESCRIPTION: God of weather
SPHERE(S) OF POWER: can control weather, including temperature, climates, precipitation, ect.and
no i cant?
Spoiler
Show
darn, can i join if there is a round 2?
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

Triskel walks the wide world of Atrium, and he is bored. Bored bored bored BORED. An entire planet devoid of life, and more importantly devoid of anyone worth talking to. "Just a barren rock floating in the void... the Heart beating down from up above... how utterly bland."

The Wayward God then met paths with the Bino One, occupied with hewing out mighty crags and pulling forth fire from the depths of Atrium itself. Triskel stopped to admire the master working his art, using his hands to paint works of art in the living rock. Bino did not notice the onlooker, preoccupied with the task at hand. Finally overwhelmed by the enormity of the task and by the heat of the Heart beating down upon him, the Mighty Bino lay down for a rest. He saw Triskel in the distance.

"Well met, Brother Triskel!" he called in his gravely voice.

"Well met, Brother Bino."

"This work is gratifying, but exhausting! Brother, do you have any tales to tell as I rest?". Bino leaned against one of the newly formed mountains.

"I'm afraid not brother, as very little has happened to tell tales
about ". Triskel found a comfortable spot amongst the foothills. "The heat of the Heart is unbearable at times, is it not?"

"Aye, it keeps me from my work." Bino swept the sweat from his brow.

The self-named trickster had an idea... something to break the monotony of this world. "Perhaps you could let it depart the heavens for a time, so that we may all cool ourselves from its heat?"

- Persuade Bino to create night, day, and the moon -1 act.
- Befriend Bino -1 act.
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

walker_boh_65 wrote: NAME: The Walker
DESCRIPTION: God of weather
SPHERE(S) OF POWER: can control weather, including temperature, climates, precipitation, ect.
Sure, why the hell not?
EDIT: You don't have to be in the mortal plane, but you can go into it at any time at no cost.
My Stuff
After Fido manifested on Atrium, he discovered a few mountains. It's barren, he thought, but it can be improved. He marked a mountain astrally, and named it Mount Charleston. He started walking again, wondering what Triskel and Bino are doing, and, speak of the devil, there they were, at the ridge at the bottom of the mountain. He ran over, and started chatting with Bino, and shared a few patterns he could use in his metal sculptures. He then turned to Triskel and said,"I'm not sure how many followers you will receive, what with being a backstabbing charlatan and all. But just remember, do not mess with canines of any form."
Last edited by joetalbot1 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

True work of beauty takes time. It would be best to save my energy, and complete my masterpiece in time
Saving my acts
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

Round Dos, Begin!
Fido created an artifact, which can only be destroyed by a god.
Triskel collaborates with Bino, and sets the planet in motion, creating day and night (you don't have enough power to make a moon in one act. But your power will grow).
Walker tilts Atrium on it's axis, setting the cycle of seasons in motion.
And Bino & Noodle do few things of interest.

Fido-2 acts
Bino-4 acts (since you haven't spent any.)
Noodle-4 acts (see above)
Walker-3 acts (seasons cause weather, you gain power from weather. your priests will be known as "weathermen."
Triskel-2 acts
Everyone suddenly hears a booming voice, and realizes it's the Universe god, come to share a template. A template for multicellular life. "Everyone take 5. Use one at a time, however. Save the rest." With this template, you can make life! Let me lay down the rule of life forms: They have a strength rating, an intelligence rating, and a dexterity rating. When making life, the amount you spend at first in acts determines how many points you can allocate. 3 is the average rating for a life form's rating in every categories, and Fido is kind enough to provide an example at 1 act. 1 act=10 points.
NAME OF RACE- Fidonian (Canis Sapiens)
POINTS IN STR/DEX/MIND- 5,4,7
DESCRIPTION- Humanoid in appearance, until you notice the canine parts, like the tail, the muzzle, and the ears. Fiercely loyal, and prone to helping others. They do not fight unless threatened, and are willing to accept a truce the first 2 times. After that, however, you may find your head sandwiched between the bottom of their boot and the hard, unforgiving pavement, if you're lucky.
And gods involving life have a 5 point bonus per act.

Fido then begins to help his species ((the fidonians)which by no happenstance looks like him) to erect a village atop Mount Charleston, and then helps them develop a culture and religion, which revolves around the Sarguntine Pantheon, which features Fido, Bino, Noodle, Triskel, and Walker. He constructs the 5 altars, and a pillar in the middle, upon which Fido's Box is located.
Game Rules that I need to introduce:
During the first 5 rounds, you can only hold 10 acts at a time.
Last edited by joetalbot1 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

"At last, it is time" Bino said, sweat on his brow and a fire in his heart. He began work on his beloved StoneMen. He instilled in them the values of strength, wisdom, and honor. They would work below the surface, gathering ores and shaping the world. They were a peaceful race, but when provoked, were nearly unstoppable. As Bino filled the first StoneMan with life, it's eyes shone brighter and brighter. It got up, bowed to Bino, and set off into the depths of Atrium, to craft more of his kind from the stone all around him.

Created StoneMen - 4 Acts
NAME OF RACE- The StoneMen (Gaia Sapien)
POINTS IN STR/DEX/MIND- 17, 5, 18
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION- Towering golems, made of stone and imbued with life. Very wise and strong. Each can live for thousands of years, but move very slowly.
VIOLENT? No.
Last edited by BinoAl on Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

Lemme clarify something: 1 act equals 10 points on the life form chart. Bino, you used 2 acts, not four. Also, do they get along well with the Fidonians? And where is their hub? Somewhere near Mount Charleston? And you can't use dexterity as a dump stat. It's required for tool-making. And at 1 dexterity, they ain't makin' no tools.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

joetalbot1 wrote:Lemme clarify something: 1 act equals 10 points on the life form chart. Bino, you used 2 acts, not four. Also, do they get along well with the Fidonians? And where is their hub? Somewhere near Mount Charleston? And you can't use dexterity as a dump stat. It's required for tool-making. And at 1 dexterity, they ain't makin' no tools.
Hm? thats only 2 acts? Them and the fidonians probably wont run into each other, unless the fidonians go on very deep mining expeditions. They dont really have a hub, they mostly travel alone, throughout the tunnels they build under the surface. They are a peaceful race, so they would gladly spare some ores and wisdom with the kind races they run into. After i get the points figured out, ill fix the dex
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

Here, I'll cut you a deal for the sake of brevity. You spend 2 acts, I give you 25 points. I even figured out a template you can modify.
S/D/M-12/3/10
There, use that. And since the golems will be nomadic, they have every effect of the planet they are on, for better or worse.
Last edited by joetalbot1 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Im still confused on the stats. I put 19,1,20. 1 act = 10 points, so 4 acts = 40 points.