Steam Sales

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Steam Sales

Post by FlowerChild »

Taleric wrote:Wow Citieskylines is amazing, I should have bought it st full price! This is the spiritual successor to SimCity 4 hands down, just amazing.
I tried it during a free weekend awhile back and found that while it was initially fun, it had very little extended play value. By the end of the weekend, with I'm sure under 20 hours play (probably less, but I'm erring on the side of caution), I was totally bored of it.

It still pops into free weekends now and again, so I'd really suggest trying it before buying.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Rogue System is currently on sale. It's basically the DCS of space sims, and the sale price right now is probably as low as it'll go, seeing as how they originally had a deal where you could pay $10 for just the early access and later pay the difference to get the full game when it comes out.

Standard early access disclaimers apply, although even the builds I've played felt pretty good.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

FlowerChild wrote:
Taleric wrote:Wow Citieskylines is amazing, I should have bought it st full price! This is the spiritual successor to SimCity 4 hands down, just amazing.
I tried it during a free weekend awhile back and found that while it was initially fun, it had very little extended play value. By the end of the weekend, with I'm sure under 20 hours play (probably less, but I'm erring on the side of caution), I was totally bored of it.

It still pops into free weekends now and again, so I'd really suggest trying it before buying.
Yeah, it was fun for the first run. There just isn't a whole lot of variety to it - build one city, and you've kinda experienced everything the game has to offer, aside from cosmetic changes. That said, if you really like designing cities/traffic layouts, there's a lot of fun to be had and the modding scene provides a lot of variety for buildings and what have you that the base game lacks.

It does have water physics though. Tidal waves of sewage are always fun to set up.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

Humblebundle currently has two interesting sales running.
One with TIS-100 and Infinifactory for less than 5$ at the moment.
https://www.humblebundle.com/nicks-staff-picks-bundle

And the other one with big pharma, also for less than 5$.
https://www.humblebundle.com/tycoon-simulator-bundle
Daisjun

Post by Daisjun »

Holy shit my entire wishlist is on sale.

You can also pick up Grid for free on Humble Bundle, no catch: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/grid-free-game

Really fun racing game that I played a few years ago on 360.

Also PM me if you'd like a free copy of TIS-100. Got a spare key from a bundle. 'Tis the season of giving!
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Dark souls 3 is 50% off, which is a pretty good deal. Great game, if sadly linear compared to the previous games. The DLC isn't on sale, but not particularly important - if you enjoy DS3 it's worth the money, but not having it doesn't take away from the game.

The only thing I've bought so far isn't actually on sale - I was waiting to see if it would be, but alas. That said, the Yu-Gi-Oh game that was recently ported to PC is pretty cheap (ignoring the DLC) and so far seems to run without any issues, or paywalled cards of any importance. Lots of nostalgia, and the core gameplay still holds up.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Mass Effect 2 is free on Origin for a short time, if anyone is interested.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Daisjun

Post by Daisjun »

The current Humble Bundle is probably the best one I've ever seen: https://www.humblebundle.com/freedom

Shame Subnautica is sold out, but it's still a massive steal at that price. The Witness is 40 retail, the entire bundle is 30.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

To add onto Daisjun's info:

Stardew Valley isn't quite as good as Harvest Moon, but I haven't found anything better in that genre on PC. World of Goo and Super Hexagon are fun timewasters, although I personally prefer playing them on mobile. The Stanley Parable is... interesting. I've heard glowing reviews on Song of the Deep from my brother. Guns of Icarus is a great experience, although you'll probably want to play with friends. Beat Hazard is fun, if a bit old.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

I don't have the money to spare, but I'd love a copy of Stardew Valley. If anyone happens to have gotten an extra key out of the bundle or something that I can have, I'd be super grateful. I'd trade you for it, but I'm not sure if I have keys lying around to trade.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Daisjun

Post by Daisjun »

Check your inbox.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

You remind me... I got these keys on a humble bundle, and these games don't really interest me, so if anyone wants them let me know:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/433950/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/265610/
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Ooo Jorg, I'll take that BitBlaster game if you still have.
Also, I suppose if anyone would like a copy of
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
The Swapper
I have these extra from the latest humble bundle, just drop me a PM if you're interested in either of them.
Last edited by magikeh on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Maybe we should have a thread for trading keys. I see people sharing doubles on IRC now and then.

Also big thanks to Daisjun for hooking me up :)
Daisjun

Post by Daisjun »

I still have quite a few so I've opened up a new topic: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9199
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

If anyone doesn't have Mount and Blade yet, it's being sold in a bundle with 7 other games for 2.49 here. It's been a popular game with everyone here as far as I know, definitely worth 2.49 even on it's own.
Daisjun

Post by Daisjun »

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is free to add to your Steam account for the next 24 hours.
kazerima

Post by kazerima »

This week the Humble Store is having a sale on all "survival" games.
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/survival-week/
FlowerChild wrote:BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Just noticed that The Long Dark is 50% off on Steam until Friday.

Still one of my favorite survival games by far. Steam has me listed with over 200 hours in it. I've tended to do another play through every few months as new features and areas are released.

EDIT: Oh, apparently something big is about to happen with The Long Dark, with a countdown currently reading 8 days appearing on their site:

http://www.thelongdark.com/

Also, the game's news on Steam says this sale is the last chance to get the game at early access pricing, so looks like the game may be about to release.

Much excitement on my part :)
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Long Dark was on my wishlist, picked it up. I think I'll wait until after the announcement to play it, maybe there's an update attached to it.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gilberreke wrote:Long Dark was on my wishlist, picked it up. I think I'll wait until after the announcement to play it, maybe there's an update attached to it.
Probably wise. Whatever the update is, whether it's the full release or not, it's more than likely to include "story mode" which I suspect will be the intro mode for new players, and will probably be best experienced without knowing all the ins and outs of survival first, nevermind all the maps.

So far, it's always been sandbox with no story. Just trying to see how long you could survive. Recently they added some challenge scenarios though, which have been fun to mess around with.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I kinda doubt it's story mode. They explicitly stated that there will be one more sandbox release before story mode. I suspect at the end of the countdown they will release the last sandbox only update along with an official release date for the game and a snazzy launch website.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:I kinda doubt it's story mode. They explicitly stated that there will be one more sandbox release before story mode. I suspect at the end of the countdown they will release the last sandbox only update along with an official release date for the game and a snazzy launch website.
Yeah, I dunno man. I hear you on the "one more update" thing that they said, and I had heard about that, but this really doesn't feel like that to me.

Could be wrong, but I think it would be massive overhype if they went this countdown route for the last sandbox release. My gut tells me that something happened internally there where they decided to push for a full release sooner than they may have originally planned. Also, don't know if you played much of the last release, but sandbox already feels largely done to me.

Guess we'll find out next Thursday, but my bet is on a full release :)
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

Rocket League is having a free weekend and 30% off. I highly suggest everyone tries this game. I can't get enough, I just love hitting that damned ball!
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:I kinda doubt it's story mode. They explicitly stated that there will be one more sandbox release before story mode. I suspect at the end of the countdown they will release the last sandbox only update along with an official release date for the game and a snazzy launch website.
Holy shit, did I ever completely misread that whole thing!

Turns out the countdown was to them announcing the release date... in August... with absolutely nothing new today...

Yikes.