Captain America

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
jorgebonafe

Captain America

Post by jorgebonafe »

Just saw it, and just wanted to recommend it. Both latest Captain America movies were the two best Marvel universe movies, imo. This movie is all that Batman V Superman was not (what a dissapointment, by the way)
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Gilberreke

Re: Captain America

Post by Gilberreke »

joeswinn wrote:An amazingly well put together film with brilliantly executed action sequences, in depth character development and intense amounts of conflict.
Is that true mister internet robot that wants to sell us a service?
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
devak

Post by devak »

Yea the Captain America movies really give us a moment of retrospection and introspection.

What's really cool about Civil War is that the two primary characters have spent all their films learning essentially opposite lessons:

Tony Stark: You need to adapt to survive.

Captain America: Your values are worth fighting for.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

I really didn't like it and I almost walked out of the theater. I think I'm going to see myself out now.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gilberreke wrote:I think I'm going to see myself out now.
For helping a bot necro the thread? Yes, that's probably wise :)

I was pretty "meh" on the movie myself. I thought it was going to cover the death of Captain America, so when it just ended after the big fight, it was quite the "wtf?" moment for me.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

FlowerChild wrote: I was pretty "meh" on the movie myself. I thought it was going to cover the death of Captain America, so when it just ended after the big fight, it was quite the "wtf?" moment for me.
That's what I had thought before they released any more details than the fact that it was civil war, but it was a pretty far departure from the comic already, it basically just shared the idea of infighting in the Avengers led by Stark and Rogers. I actually watched Agents of Shield a while back, and after seeing the ending of one of the earlier seasons, I was so sure they were doing the comic idea, but with Inhumans suddenly popping up all over, rather than mutants. I was pretty disappointed when that wasn't the case, actually.