Help me with music?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Miss_Kat

Help me with music?

Post by Miss_Kat »

I think I've mentioned a few times on the forums that I'm engaged, well the big day is this Saturday!

..and I don''t have the music put together, because I am lazy and also not actually into music? I tried asking for people to request their favorite songs on their RSVPs but only like, 4 people did, so that was not actually very helpful. My personal taste is pretty much cemented in whatever our local rock station was playing at the turn of the century, so.. yeah.

I'm looking for like, rock/alt rock/metal songs that are wedding appropropriate. I just don't even know where to start and I honestly really trust this forum's taste in things!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Help me with music?

Post by FlowerChild »

Hmmmm...I'll need to think about this some, but having been on a bit of a Smashing Pumpkins kick recently, this immediately came to mind:
Spoiler
Show
Big congrats to you Kat :)
mc_dunedin

Post by mc_dunedin »

Congrats!

I'm not good with categorization of music, can you maybe give some examples of songs that you like for this occasion to give a general direction?

To get you started:

https://www.weddingmuseum.com/weddingbl ... ock-songs/
http://top100weddingdancesongs.com/firs ... nce-songs/

best of luck
Rob

Post by Rob »

Congrats kat.

For my wedding we requested 70s and dance music.
Electric slide
Cotton Eyed Joe
Cupid Shuffle
Cha cha slide

Stuff to keep people awake and moving. It's your wedding, enjoy yourself. :D

I made a custom evolution of dance for our first dance. :P
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Congrats Kat :)

I'm going to suggest some T-Rex (all of their work is fun to spin at weddings).
Spoiler
Show
I'd personally want some 70's funk on a wedding too. Everything from James Brown to Average White Band. Here's some War:
Spoiler
Show
Old sixties tunes can be fun too:
Spoiler
Show
If you like any of these genres btw, feel free to ask and I can provide playlists for them (I'm a DJ myself).
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

FlowerChild wrote:Hmmmm...I'll need to think about this some, but having been on a bit of a Smashing Pumpkins kick recently, this immediately came to mind:
Spoiler
Show
Big congrats to you Kat :)
Ahh man, I had the same idea when I read the OP!

Here the song I had played for my sisters wedding!
Spoiler
Show
Congratulations Kat!
May your future be full of Happiness, covered with pain, and misery :P
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I added a few spoilers up above around the youtube links so the thread doesn't start chugging. My bad for not doing so on my own post last night :)
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Congratulations!

My wife walked in with Metallica's - Nothing Else Matters by four cellos known as Apocalyptica
Brides maids walkin with a piano version of The Ecstasy of Gold Ennio Morricone (and if you don't know it's significance, I'll let you figure it out, or other people tell) :)
Our first song/dance was Ozzy Osbourne - I Just Want You

*links above are Youtube
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

This one or the original:

http://youtu.be/Ba7oeNxW-CA
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

Thanks for the recs guys! I'll be going through it all tonight. And like I said with my own taste, it's 15 years old at this point. If I just played music I liked, it would be all Disturbed and The Offspring, haha.

I'm sure my mom would be happy as hell if I added nothing but 70s music, though!

....okay the Billy Idol song just took over my computer. I played it on Spotify to give it a quick listen before adding to it my pitifully small playlist and then it wouldn't stop, even when I closed the tab!
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Miss_Kat wrote:If I just played music I liked, it would be all Disturbed and The Offspring, haha.
I've been at worse weddings :)

Pretty sure I'd have a good time if the DJ played nothing but Disturbed and The Offspring :D
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

Gilberreke wrote:
Miss_Kat wrote:If I just played music I liked, it would be all Disturbed and The Offspring, haha.
I've been at worse weddings :)

Pretty sure I'd have a good time if the DJ played nothing but Disturbed and The Offspring :D
lol Unfortunately a lot of the guestlist is older family members and a few little kids so I have to steer away from that, as much as I'd like it. It pains me not to add "I wanna secret family with you", it really does.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

I guess I didn't think about the actual lyrics part. Most older people here don't understand English. I know a couple whose opening dance song was "Please Release Me" by Engelbert Humperdinck. They were very puzzled by the few people in the room who were laughing their asses off :D.

Then again, I also know a couple who married on horseback to the Ramones. To each his own I reckon :)

kregoth

Post by kregoth »

Miss_Kat wrote: ....okay the Billy Idol song just took over my computer. I played it on Spotify to give it a quick listen before adding to it my pitifully small playlist and then it wouldn't stop, even when I closed the tab!
My sister cried and laughed at this song, Mostly because I was the one who walked her down the aisle and gave permission :)

"Nice song bro, except I'm older than you." to which I replied "But you're still half an inch shorter, little sister!"

If you want some more songs:
AC/DC You Shook me all Night Long (good if your guys a gear head!)
Journey Don't Stop Believen
Coldplay A Sky Full of Stars

Also did a search, and found this for you :)151 songs for weddings
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

@Gil if that guy with the mohawk is wearing a quilt, he is now my spirit animal.
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Wafflewaffle wrote:@Gil if that guy with the mohawk is wearing a quilt, he is now my spirit animal.
He's wearing a kilt. Wearing a quilt would be really odd.