Got my third tooth of wisdom pulled out today

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
AddyBaha

Got my third tooth of wisdom pulled out today

Post by AddyBaha »

...took only half an hour and the only thing the dentist had to say about it was something along the lines:
"that is the weirdest tooth i have seen in a long time"
This little bugger of a thooth had 3 roots pointing in 3 different direction making it impossible to get it out with one pull.
Instead he had to twist it several times - like he had to do with the other two...
what gets me worried is that he told me on the x-ray he was able to see that the fourth tooth not only has as weired roots
as the last one but also grows into the bone.

Did someone of you already had wissdom teeth wich grew there roots into bone? Will a local anaesthetic do? Should I get a
general anaesthetic? I'm right now not to sure how bad things get when he starts cutting away bone to free the roots.
MagikEh wrote:Placent Placenta Placenta! It's like beetle juice right?
Taleric

Re: Got my third tooth of wisdom pulled out today

Post by Taleric »

Local anesthetic wisdom teeth ouch! I had all done at once using gas and besides flashes during the procedure the healing after was the worst of it... Blood and salt water, bleh!

I have never heard about the procedure for tooth to bone or difficult roots. I would definitely call ahead to confirm general anesthetic or at least start that converstation.
Last edited by Taleric on Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Mine was tough. The dentist had to break the tooth into small pieces and take them out one at a time... It was a local anesthetic, but it still hurt a lot....
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

I had a tooth removed that was fused to the bone (though it wasn't a wisdom tooth), and they used general anesthetic, though I don't know what your dentist would do. It honestly wasn't that different from getting any other normal tooth pulled, minus a bit of extra soreness in my upper jaw after. Granted, a wisdom tooth that fused would probably be more painful.

When I got my wisdom teeth pulled, they took all four in one shot under general anesthetic. The bottom two they had to break up into pieces (thankfully I wasn't conscious), and one of the top ones poked a hole into my sinuses. The hole wasn't big enough that they had to do surgery, but it still sucked.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
johnt

Post by johnt »

Earlier this year I got one pulled that was pretty badly infected and it was excrutiatingly painful even with gas and a local anaesthetic. It also bled like a mother fucker or hours and hours afterwards.
AddyBaha

Post by AddyBaha »

johnt wrote:Earlier this year I got one pulled that was pretty badly infected and it was excrutiatingly painful even with gas and a local anaesthetic. It also bled like a mother fucker or hours and hours afterwards.
Mine also cut into the gums and it's still bleeding a bit even one day after the tooth got pulled.
The dentist told me that would be normal and i don't have to worry. I hope by tomorow morning it stop bleeding.
MagikEh wrote:Placent Placenta Placenta! It's like beetle juice right?
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

I had all four done at once, two impacted (sideways). They put me under what they called a "twilight". They couldn't do general anesthesia there, but I felt nothing. I walked in, they hooked up an IV, I put my head back and then they were getting me up to leave. Never even saw the doctor. They could have used a magic wand to pull them out for all I know.
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

All 4 of mine came out at once, with numbing everywhere and gas and they knocked me out with a shot of something. All 4 of my teeth were big and deep so they had to chisel them all out. I woke up hours later on a couch/shelf thing and no one was around, so i got up and walked around the corner, saw a nurse and she freaked out thinking i was gonna fall. I have really good balance even when loopy. I had a diet of chocolate milk for the next week or so afterwards.

Numbness is the weirdest (non-)feeling xD, touching my jaw and not feeling my hand on it like it's not my jaw...
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.