HC Spawn occasionally placing players in solid blocks

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

HC Spawn occasionally placing players in solid blocks

Post by FlowerChild »

As per title. Seems to happen exceedingly rarely, but is obviously not a good thing :)
Bongoro

Re: HC Spawn occasionally placing players in solid blocks

Post by Bongoro »

Assuming you're still answering to these...

Yeah, I think this happened to me earlier this month. I may or may not have been in creative mode, though - I don't really remember. I do, however, vividly remember spawning inside strata 3 while playing creative (gamemode 0, though). May or may not be relevant due to /gamemode 0 (survival rules) with cheats enabled.
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

This happens to me relatively often. it is frustrating, but you just respawn a little ways away and its not like you have anything in your inventory when it happens. It was funny when it happened to Vioki and he was keeping track of the number of their deaths.

I think it should probably be fixed, but frankly I would rather see that as a bug fix after version 5 comes out. It just isn't functionaly that big of a deal.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

This sub-forum is not for discussion.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Fixed for next release...I think :)

Given the sporadic nature of this bug, it's rather difficult for me to be 100% certain on it. After running an ungodly number of tests on it, I'm fairly confident I've got it nailed, but will leave this thread open in case anyone runs into it after next release.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Actually, no, after a lot more playtesting and dying far more often than any self respecting designer would care to admit, I'm quite confident this is resolved, and folks can open a new bug report later if not.

Fixed for next release :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Reopening this as while my fix seems to be effective in single-player, this still seems to be happening in SMP.

If anyone encounters it in SSP as well, let me know, but I don't think it should be the case.
shadowpanther

Post by shadowpanther »

just wanted to give some observation on this;
it seems to me to occur more often when a player dies several times in quick succession. (spawning naked next to a jungle spider on a rainy night will do that )
also it appears to effect clients on the same LAN as our server more than external WAN clients.

I sand in awe at the work you have done on BTW well done sir, and i hope this small observation is of assistance
ion

Post by ion »

i got it when generating a new world. strangely i spawned in stone under water just ten blocks from grass land. testing was done in creative humped camel version
BobSlingblade679

Post by BobSlingblade679 »

I'm sorry to bear bad news, but this happened to me yesterday when playing over LAN with my son.

We've died a lot playing together and it's only happened once, though.

After respawning again (presumably in the "same place") we were in a jungle. Don't know if that's helpful.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Wow. After 5 years of this bug lingering about I think I randomly stumbled across the solution to it this evening while looking at some other unrelated code.

So, fixed for next release? I think? Maybe?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Nevermind. My "fix" was actually calling some dead code and confirmation bias did the rest. <cries>
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx