Cocoa plants don't trigger buddy blocks while growing.

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
rumkex

Cocoa plants don't trigger buddy blocks while growing.

Post by rumkex »

As per title.

Test setup (I hope I'm not doing anything wrong):
Spoiler
Show
EDIT: Yeah, sorry about the BDs, my setup was incorrect.
Last edited by rumkex on Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magikeh

Re: Cocoa beans can't be planted with BDs (again?)

Post by magikeh »

In order for the BD to plant a bean it needs to be looking directly at the log. Your setup has the BD looking past the log. Checking to see if buddy will detect growth now.. may take a bit :P

Edit1: Confirmed that the initial stages of growth are not detected by a buddy. Waiting on fully grown bean to conclude.
Edit2: Confirmed that coco beans growth stage at no point will trigger a buddy block.
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Mesh

Re: Cocoa plants don't trigger buddy blocks while growing.

Post by Mesh »

I know this was posted almost two years ago but I've just been trying to get an automated cocoa bean farm up and running and noticed the buddy block doesn't trigger on any growth phase of cocoa growth, as Magikeh pointed out. It seems like it's the kind of thing that the buddy block should detect though? The wiki claims that it does detect it (I'm aware the wiki isn't fully up to date ofc).

I was going to submit a bug report on it but then I found this thread, so I figured I would add to this instead to confirm it on the off-chance that FC hadn't seen the edits when the thread was originally posted.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Mesh wrote:The wiki claims that it does detect it (I'm aware the wiki isn't fully up to date ofc).
Going through the Wiki's history the note about the buddy detecting 'all' growth stages of the crops was added as of 17:44, 26 December 2012.

Looking to the changelog we can see:

Code: Select all

"Oct 24th, 2014"
Fixed problem where the Buddy Block wasn't detecting the growth of wheat, carrots, and potatoes. Note that in the case of carrots and potatoes I also fixed things so that Buddy only reacts if there's a visible change in the plant's state, and it will no longer react to internal invisible changes. In other words, Buddy will react to 4 growth states with carrots and potatoes, not 8.
Iirc there was a change sometime that changed something to the buddy's ability to get proper updates from crop blocks surrounding and something else about loving bacon. Which was documented in a bug report.
tldr: Possible it's a bug, being that the wiki entry was created a whole 3 months before the first reported issue related to all crop growth was documented. I'll leave the final say up to the spiky dude with the big hammer.
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Fixed for next release.