Pumpkin disapears when falling on slab from certain heights

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
Sockthing

Pumpkin disapears when falling on slab from certain heights

Post by Sockthing »

So I placed a Pumpkin at least 1 block above a dirt slab and when it drops onto the slab it disapears/breaks but doesnt drop any seeds.

Asked Katalliaan to check if he can reproduce.
His observation (see pic in spoiler): "Highest dirt block and below it just disappears, stone block above it sometimes disappears and sometimes smashes, and next highest stone block it always smashes"
Spoiler
Show
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Pumpkin disapears when falling on slab from certain heig

Post by FlowerChild »

This is really by intent to prevent the same kind of exploits you get with sand and gravel falling on torches and such in vanilla, which I suspect you already knew as you were likely trying to abuse the rules in precisely that way when you did this :)

The fall heights outlined and pictured in the screenshot are the same as for when the pumpkin falls on regular blocks, it's just that if it doesn't explode, it finds itself sitting on an invalid block and disappears instead of sitting there as it normally would.

So, while I'm not willing to produce seeds for these cases, I'll make sure the falling gourds (this applies to melons as well) do generate particles instead of just disappearing so that it's visually consistent. Testing this also made me realize the particle effects for pumpkins aren't working when they're breaking apart (they are for melons though), so I'll fix that up as well.

To the above extents though, fixed for next release.