New Release! (BTW V4.AACK) - NO SPOILERS

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (BTW V4.AACK) - NO SPOILERS

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 4.AACK of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

This release contains the following changes:

-Added Hatsies for Zombies and Wolfsies Hatsies with enhanced Hoofsies and Boomsies.

-Added crafting sounds for various forms of clothing and armor.

-Added recipes for Wood Fences, involving 6 Wood Planks in the pattern other fence recipes use.

-Added the vanilla recipe for Fence Gates (4 Shafts and 2 Planks, "SPS", "SPS") back in.

-Added lower tech Trap Door recipe (2 Shafts and 4 Planks, "PPS", "PPS"), and changed the high efficiency recipe to match (siding instead of planks).

-Added the Spider Jockey origin story.

-Changed Squid to have Nothing To Worry About. Poor things were far too tense.

-Changed how wool colors blend during knitting to hopefully generate more intuitive results, and less grey.

-Changed the way health and hunger status penalties are handled internally, to hopefully reduce some client / server synchronization issues when mining blocks with such penalties in effect.

-Changed the way the early game fire starters work to make them more resistant to multiplayer lag.

-Changed the way spits work to disincentivize gamey behavior involving selectively punching blocks at various times in the early game.

-Changed the Knitting Needle recipe to require undamaged Pointy Sticks for similar reasons.

-Changed Baskets to be crushed by falling blocks.

-Changed the Hibachi to not instantly incinerate tree stumps.

-Changed several types of wood blocks to not drop intact when harvested with a Stone Axe, but to harvest whole with iron or better, for greater consistency between the various early game blocks. I tried to cover as many as possible, but given the large number involved please let me know if I missed any.

-Changed workbenches to not harvest as quickly to better communicate that they always break on removal.

-Changed Wicker Baskets to have a bit of hardness to help prevent them being accidentally broken.

-Changed Brick Ovens to not allow snow to accumulate on top of them when they are burning.

-Changed (refactored) how Zombies, Squid, Spiders, and Creepers work internally to help simplify some of the mod code.

-Changed Ghast navigation so that they're reluctant to enter water or lava.

-Fixed an issue with villagers still having a trade involving a stone furnace, even though they are no longer craftable.

-Fixed a problem where several mod fence recipes were outputting only 2 blocks instead of 6.

-Fixed problems with bricks being hardcore packed where it would take only 4 rather than the 8 bricks, and where the resulting block was created with mortar already applied.

-Fixed problem where the cracks weren't being displayed properly on Brick Ovens and Campfires when they were being harvested.

-Fixed an issue where creating Groth in a Cauldron would return a non-loose dirt block.

-Fixed problem with wolves sometimes being excessively chill about other wovles getting attacked nearby.

-Removed the Ghast spawn from Hoppers as it was never intended as a farming method, and with the removal of Ghasts from Soul Urns, had unfortunately become the default method of summoning them.

-Removed vanilla "Zombie Sieges". They didn't appear to be working anyways, were not a particularly well understood or compelling mechanic if they did, and were complicating the mod code unnecessarily.

ACK!

-------------

If you'd like to say thanks for this release and help contribute to the further development of Better Than Wolves, please consider making a donation:

dawnraider

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.AACK) - NO SPOILERS

Post by dawnraider »

FlowerChild wrote:-Added Hatsies for Zombies and Wolfsies Hatsies with enhanced Hoofsies and Boomsies.

-Added the Spider Jockey origin story.

-Changed Squid to have Nothing To Worry About. Poor things were far too tense.
Oh god that all sounds horrif-- Oh wait, I guess I shouldn't be worrying about it should I.

Definitely liking some of the convenience recipes as well. Nice work as always!
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

dawnraider wrote:Oh wait, I guess I shouldn't be worrying about it should I.
How about a nice therapeutic squid massage to relax?
Whuppee

Post by Whuppee »

Thank you!
Thordan Ssoa

Post by Thordan Ssoa »

Thanks for the release man. Can't wait to try it out on Tuesday. Mildly concerned about the changes to zombies/wolves/etc and spider jockey's. Never getting near squids ever again though
FlowerChild wrote:Never have I seen folks have this much fun with sheep without wearing a kilt.
FlowerChild wrote:you haven't seen a fight scene until you've seen one with horse schlongs swinging free
fluff

Post by fluff »

I've only just recently got back into BTW after years of MC burnout and I have to say that I appreciate your work on a level it's hard to put into words. BTW is my vanilla now.

I selfishly hope you keep the updates coming and I'll be donating next payday.
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

fluff wrote:I've only just recently got back into BTW after years of MC burnout and I have to say that I appreciate your work on a level it's hard to put into words. BTW is my vanilla now.

I selfishly hope you keep the updates coming and I'll be donating next payday.
I can't imagine anyone not feeling that way about BTW lol. After time in BTW, vanilla definitely seems dull and other tech mods just aren't the same.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Ha, Thanks for the update man :D Glad to see a lot of elbow grease going in to polish things up. Hats off!
Spoiler
Show
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD