New Release! (BTW V4.AAABBBA) - NO SPOILERS

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (BTW V4.AAABBBA) - NO SPOILERS

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 4.AAABBBA of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

-Added the ability for some specific blocks to spread fire between each other. This does not affect pre-4.AAAAAAAAAAHHHH blocks or builds.

-Changed the player inventory to not get wet when only partially submerged.

-Changed how the compass renders internally to hopefully prevent some exploits.

-Changed netherrack to require iron or better tools to harvest, and increased its toughness to tools in general slightly.

-Changed grinding of netherrack to resolve the issue of it being too unpleasant to stand nearby due to the noise.

-Changed how torches work just a wee little bit that will most definitely not result in anyone dying in unexpected ways, and which in no way motivated me to release this as quickly as possible while subtly hiding this change towards the end of the log where no one will notice.

-Fixed a problem where the starter not-chest might have not-stuff in it.

Bed Bugs!

-------------

If you'd like to say thanks for this release and help contribute to the further development of Better Than Wolves, please consider making a donation:

Thordan Ssoa

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.AAABBBA) - NO SPOILERS

Post by Thordan Ssoa »

That fucking dammit flower child, you had to release this right before I stream didn't you? And right before I'm about to go caving at the start of my stream.
FlowerChild wrote:Never have I seen folks have this much fun with sheep without wearing a kilt.
FlowerChild wrote:you haven't seen a fight scene until you've seen one with horse schlongs swinging free
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Man, you're just cranking out the releases now. Looks good as always, the not wet inventory is nice.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thordan Ssoa wrote:That fucking dammit flower child, you had to release this right before I stream didn't you? And right before I'm about to go caving at the start of my stream.
I will neither confirm nor deny that the two are in any way related :)
utakataJ6

Post by utakataJ6 »

[Changed the player inventory to not get wet when only partially submerged.]

I logged on just to ask if this was -reaaaally- working as intended. Lost at least 4 <items> to this tonight. Thanks a bunch.

The mystery change will just have to remain a mystery for now...
morvelaira:
Not all Minecraft players have stamped down the knee-jerk, lawful-good Superman reaction yet. We do hold a rather high proportion of the enlightened on these forums ;)
flowerchild:
Not to mention a mod that trains the player to be rather morally ambivalent ;)
Fret

Post by Fret »

FlowerChild wrote: -Added the ability for some specific blocks to spread fire between each other. This does not affect pre-4.AAAAAAAAAAHHHH blocks or builds.

-Changed grinding of netherrack to resolve the issue of it being too unpleasant to stand nearby due to the noise.

-Changed how torches work just a wee little bit that will most definitely not result in anyone dying in unexpected ways, and which in no way motivated me to release this as quickly as possible while subtly hiding this change towards the end of the log where no one will notice.
That doesn't sound concerning at all xD
Good job man love the continued output of updates. Nice to see that the Nether gets some extra love too. Too bad I'm still so far from away from nether access :)
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

FlowerChild wrote: -Changed grinding of netherrack to resolve the issue of it being too unpleasant to stand nearby due to the noise.
This was the perfect solution, that noise was really bothering me before. The noise is not longer an issue
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

jackatthekilns wrote:This was the perfect solution, that noise was really bothering me before. The noise is not longer an issue
Glad I could help!
Whuppee

Post by Whuppee »

Thank you! <3
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Whuppee wrote:Thank you! <3
You're welcome! :)
TheHoboHunted

Post by TheHoboHunted »

Holy CRAP, when did you start updating again?! I've missed so much... I just decided to check in on a whim. I gotta download MineCraft again! It feels like it's been so long, good to have ya back FC.
FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...when have any of my additions to the game been innocent? :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

TheHoboHunted wrote:Holy CRAP, when did you start updating again?! I've missed so much... I just decided to check in on a whim. I gotta download MineCraft again! It feels like it's been so long, good to have ya back FC.
Hehe...I started putting out updates again starting just before Christmas. It's good to be back at it too :)
TallTyrionLannister

Post by TallTyrionLannister »

Whoa, I visited this forum for the first time in months, and I'm incredibly excited to see new updates FC! I've actually been thinking about you from time to time and hoping you were doing well, and I'm really happy that it looks like you are. :)

I've been poking around and see that there's quite a few changes since my last go at the mod a couple years ago. About to head home and boot up a new world of BTW. As a master purveyor of devious delights, I can't wait to see what you've cooked up this time!
Shiyokensha

Post by Shiyokensha »

I'm very happy to see the recent updates, I have been some time without visit the forum, although, I've been playing with my wife (took lot of time to convince her to accept hardcore spawn), so I'll start a new word to play alone...

Thanks for your effort FC.
Even a broken watch is useful, as it tells you the correct hour two times a day.
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

There needs to be a heart health warning for the early game now. Descents for iron build more tension than a dark souls boss fight.
karnak sam

Post by karnak sam »

I either just uncovered an utterly brilliant way to "obtain" cobblestone, or a strange bug.

God i hope it's intended because, well, it's BRILLIANT.