New Release! (BTW V4.89999999)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (BTW V4.89999999)

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 4.89999999 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

This release contains the following changes:

-Added sound for when Gear Boxes are being overpowered by a Wind Mill in a storm to serve as a warning that damage will occur.

-Added ability to inject something directly into something from something else. If you found the various features in the temples already, you'll know what I'm talking about :)

-Added a small grace period when the player switches dimensions in which ghasts and the enderdragon will not attack unless attacked first. This is to prevent problems with popping into a dimension and immediately getting wiped out due purely to bad luck.

-Changed Wind Mills to only spin out of control in storms, rather than just in rain or snow. This decreases the downtime you'll experience with them overall, but also means you'll have to keep a closer eye on the weather to make sure there isn't any resulting breakage.

-Changed (increased) the frequency of lightning bolts in storms to make the storm condition more evident and menacing overall.

-Changed snow and rain to look and sound less intense when there isn't a storm going to make the storm state more distinct, and to reduce the annoyance associated with the sound of rain.

-Changed HC Spawning so that if time is advanced to the next day on respawn, any storms will also stop to prevent the player having mobs spawn around them. Similar to time advancing to the next day, this only affects single player.

-Changed (increased) the chance of storms occurring to make them a more significant threat.

-Changed the way storms work, so that a storm will only start after it's been raining/snowing for awhile to give the player a chance to react to changing weather conditions. Basically, a storm won't just kick in out of nowhere from a clear sky anymore, but if it starts to rain/snow, you may want to prepare for a potential storm.

-Changed the order in which the Mill Stone processes items so that there's somewhat of a softest to hardest material order to it. In other words, cocoa beans will grind before netherrack, and that kind of thing.

-Changed (reduced) the amount of hunger that melon slices restore slightly for balance.

-Fixed vanilla problem with it not getting visibly darker during storms, despite the fact that the game logic for monster spawns and such still treated it as such (it was basically an issue of the storm state not being communicated from the server to the client). This should make storms much more evident when they occur.

-Fixed vanilla problem that was causing a delay in the transmission of changes in rain between server and client.

-Fixed item duplication bug with the Block Dispenser when failing to place clay balls.

-Fixed problem with Gear Boxes not breaking when overpowered in some circumstances.

-Fixed problem with the magic letters that flow between bookshelves and the Infernal Enchanter appearing in the opposite directions from where they were supposed to.

-Fixed a problem with how the Hopper was outputting XP orbs that was sometimes causing them to appear in the wrong locations.

Enjoy! :)

-------------

If you'd like to say thanks for this release and help contribute to the further development of Better Than Wolves, please consider making a donation:

Gilberreke

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.89999999)

Post by Gilberreke »

Oh wow, lots of stuff. I love the better storm stuff :). Will require some adjusting.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

Cool beans, thanks FC.

hmm maybe fitting..
Spoiler
Show
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Ahhhhh! The 9s! I will have to delete all my other 4.9X zips to have any hope.

Awesome update to dial in weather. Can't wait for a super storm :)
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Well criminently... updating the same day mojang does their 1.7 prerelease... guess which I'm downloading.

Hardcore Storms ftw.

Thanks for the update!!!!
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
Dale

Post by Dale »

I love the change to rain. I have hated this mod and loved it as well. Now I have a reason to love rain, wich I hate ^_^...
DaveYanakov "Animals spawn in tall grass because pokemans"...
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

Now I need to start counting the 9s. I wasn't sure if the old thread got bumped, or if this was a new release.
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

Loving all those weather changes. Both the more relaxing rain and the more violent storms will be much appreciated.
And look at all the fixes, very nice. This ninegnarok is quite enjoyable. ^^
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!
Better is the enemy of Good
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!
Spoiler
Show
ImageImage
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Excellent job FC! Can't wait to play the release! *Pulls out umbrella*
Tophat

Post by Tophat »

Diamond umbrellas needed!....you know, to go with the diamond saws.....
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! The storms! They be coming!
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Mistery159

Post by Mistery159 »

Awesome release, starting a whole new world right now.

PD: Asintote at v4.9
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Another great release from FC, Im even more excited to find a temple now :D And I cant wait to play with the hardcore storms :D
devak

Post by devak »

So. Many. Nines.

Thank you! this will warm my heart even more when booting up BTW.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

More 9's are just inherently better!

You know though, I suspect I'm suffering from this gag more than anyone else at present. The number of times I've had to squint and count 9's to verify I'm dealing with the right files is getting a tad out of control :)
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

FlowerChild wrote:More 9's are just inherently better!

You know though, I suspect I'm suffering from this gag more than anyone else at present. The number of times I've had to squint and count 9's to verify I'm dealing with the right files is getting a tad out of control :)
This is hilarious!

And this update looks awesome. Thanks FC :-)
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
VegasGoat

Post by VegasGoat »

Another great update, thanks! The fact that you play and enjoy your own game really shows in the quality of updates.
kjbrona

Post by kjbrona »

FlowerChild wrote: -Fixed a problem with how the Hopper was outputting XP orbs that was sometimes causing them to appear in the wrong locations.
That fixed my problem from the other thread! :)
Thanks!
Nabetsu122

Post by Nabetsu122 »

Considering how frequent the bolts occur on my current world during a storm (think about the Blitzkrieg bombing tactic, while on the British isles), I am going to be very frightened inside my underground base with this update.
jkievlan

Post by jkievlan »

Woot! Looks awesome (and thanks for getting rid of storms on HC spawn, that was quite annoying when it occurred). I get the feeling you're rampaging through all your minor notes before you give us the goodies we're all waiting for (HC villagers) :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

jkievlan wrote:I get the feeling you're rampaging through all your minor notes before you give us the goodies we're all waiting for (HC villagers) :)
Yup, that's more or less the case. I had a bit of a slow week for development last week, and got back into the swing of things by tying up a few loose ends.

Also want to get the balance finalized as quickly as possible given I already said it was ;)
Gears

Post by Gears »

Well, I guess it's time to start a new save.
FlowerChild wrote:For example, I'm feeling such a whim right now, and look forward with anticipation to the feeling of satisfaction that shall come from acting upon it.
Former Drill Sergeant and cranky gamer
TallTyrionLannister

Post by TallTyrionLannister »

I haven't seen a lot of comments on this, so I just wanted to tell you that I'm loving the storm changes. my immersion factor has definitely heightened. The storms are more...stormy... they feel more malevolent and atmospheric. And I'm enjoying the added management that goes into windmill operations (I'm not up to BUD block technology yet but just monitoring the weather manually for stormy conditions is a satisfying experience IMO).