New Release! (BTW V4.89667)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (BTW V4.89667)

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 4.89667 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

This release contains the following changes:

-Added bread to Hardcore Baking (silly oversight on my part in the last release). Flour may now be placed as a block which can be cooked into bread in the Kiln.

-Added the ability to Hardcore Pack blocks using any surrounding solid surface, not just full blocks. In other words, if they are facing the right way, you can now use stuff like Siding, slabs, and other pistons to contain the area where the items will be packed. Worth noting is that glass also works (it did in the previous release but I forgot to mention it), which is nice if you want to be able to see the interior of the packing area. This should function with most suitable blocks, but I may have missed some so let me know if you come across any that don't work.

-Added the ability to place Candles as blocks. As an aside, Vases make for lovely candle holders, and if you find another Vase, and place it down next to the first one, you can have a nice little path running down the middle (A path! A path!).

Enjoy! :)

-------------

If you'd like to say thanks for this release and help contribute to the further development of Better Than Wolves, please consider making a donation:

caveatEmptor

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.89667)

Post by caveatEmptor »

A path! :D

Placeable candles, hooray! Even more reason now for me to start grinding up some piggies. Thank you FC :)
Rob

Post by Rob »

FlowerChild wrote:Version 4.89667 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!
Thanks. Was waiting for the next version to update. Silly Christian superstitions and such. Not because I was lazy. Why would you think that? :-P
PatriotBob

Post by PatriotBob »

It's these wonderful little things I will miss most when BTW is wrapped up. :(

Thanks for (yet another) update FC!
Ultionis

Post by Ultionis »

FlowerChild wrote:...and other pistons
Hooray for supply line automation! I love this, thank you.
I dance to the sound of a Creeper's legs breaking
StarsintheSky

Post by StarsintheSky »

Thank you!

Is anyone else planning to leave trails of bread (dough) crumbs around their world, now?

Also, in that same vein, the unfired clay bricks look like little stones! They'll make excellent pebbles to scatter around.
IGN: Beschaulichkeit
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Nee!

Outstanding good sir :) Now to get myself in gear and get back to the point of automation.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

I'm dizzy with excitement!
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
Lars

Post by Lars »

Holy crap, I can't believe the amount of updates you are releasing. You are positively on fire!
I'm going to love these last three big ones =D
StarsintheSky

Post by StarsintheSky »

After spending the day with the kiln/baking changes, I am thoroughly impressed; that really was icing on the cake for kiln functionality.

One more thing: I know I missed the boat by quite some time but I finally got around to building with Black Stone today and I'd like to say that the chiseled Black Stone looks amazing. Mojang had the right idea with the texture but your color switch takes it from pretty sweet to diabolically extraordinary. I'll have to start incorporating them into all my dungeons, now.
IGN: Beschaulichkeit
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

StarsintheSky wrote:After spending the day with the kiln/baking changes, I am thoroughly impressed; that really was icing on the cake for kiln functionality.
Word man, glad you like it :)

Yeah, it was just a bit off before with a few things you'd expect to work not doing so. Not the kind of thing I prioritize when I have other tasks in the pipeline, but now's the time for this kind of stuff as I move towards finalizing BTW.

I think this release marks the end of the remainder of such fiddly loose ends (other than a few little tweaks and fixes I already made for the next), which makes me happy as it's not the kind of stuff I really enjoy working on in bulk :)
TallTyrionLannister

Post by TallTyrionLannister »

Wow FC. A couple of weeks ago I know i was jizzing all over the new vMC terrain gen, but the initial luster has kind of worn off after I started thinking about starting a vanilla world and not really seeing a real end goal to work toward. Like all the other recent updates, the terrain gen is ultimately pretty much empty calories - sweet but not really satisfying. Even the thought of starting my BTW over again (after pumping untold hours into the new early game progression and FIGHTING for evolutionary inch forward) makes me nauseated. All of this is to arrive at the point that each release you provide expands the gameplay capability by factors of 100. I've even had difficulty breaking away from my BTW world to play GTA 5, and I'm a big fan of the series (really i just love driving dirt bikes off of mountains :P). Thanks again man. Donation coming your way!
IzBatt

Post by IzBatt »

Sweet! I didn't know the placement of candles would come so soon! thanks for the updates FC. Your work is the best.
"The people who started the war are the reason. And unless you fight to get rid of the reason, nothing will ever change. I fight to get rid of the reason."-Bart
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

Hey, I saw that Flour cannot be placed by a block Dispenser.
I read through the past couple changelogs but couldn't find any
mention to this. Is this Intended?
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Floyper wrote:Hey, I saw that Flour cannot be placed by a block Dispenser.
He already knows about this and he's fixed it for his next release.
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

Mason11987 wrote:
Floyper wrote:Hey, I saw that Flour cannot be placed by a block Dispenser.
He already knows about this and he's fixed it for his next release.
Aaaah, My Bad. Forget I said anything.
emptychild

Post by emptychild »

So with the addition of bread to HC Baking I believe that leaves potatoes as the only food you have to cook with fuel in the late game. Technically fried eggs require fuel but you can do anything a poached egg can do with a fried egg. Unfortunately boiled potatoes apparently don't make a meal in the same way a baked potato does. Not saying it needs to be changed because I know FC is wrapping up and doesn't want suggestions. I just realized it after boiling some potatoes this morning that they don't do what I want them too. Been working on improving our food since Tom and I hopped back on the official server since we hadn't played since before HC hunger was implemented. My tendency to sprint is starting to take a significant tole on our food stores.
https://twitter.com/FlowerChildXL/statu ... 5676872704

This just in! RTH to contain a TARDIS!
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:But, before someone asks: the box will be blue. I like blue. It's a nice soothing color.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

You'll have to be more specific, as all the recipes involving potatoes should work just fine with boiled potatoes.

If one is missing or not working, report it as a bug. Make very sure you're right about this first though, as those recipes have been around quite awhile without anyone mentioning an issue with them.
emptychild

Post by emptychild »

My sincerest apologies. Apparently it is some sort of issue on my end. On my laptop it works as intended but on my desktop they don't work. I'll try reinstalling later and figure out the problem but I truly do apologize for the mistake. I know the pride you take in your work and how serious someone wasting your time is.
https://twitter.com/FlowerChildXL/statu ... 5676872704

This just in! RTH to contain a TARDIS!
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:But, before someone asks: the box will be blue. I like blue. It's a nice soothing color.
OldMarriedDude

Post by OldMarriedDude »

FC - I really missed playing BTW. I cant believe the number of changes you have made. I've started a brand new world and am looking forward to experiencing all of the new toys and methods of demise.