New Release! (BTW V4.52)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (BTW V4.52)

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 4.52 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

This release contains the following changes:

-Added Soulforged Steel beacons.

-Added sound effects for when beacons power up and down.

-Added an alternate means of creating Nether Groth Spores that doesn't require mycelium, and which is left to the player to discover.

-Fixed problem with not being able to set a player's spawn location through the command console or command block.

-Fixed problem with compasses not behaving consistently near beacons.

-Fixed problem with torches being able to float in mid-air next to some sub-blocks.

-Fixed problem with upside down wool slabs taking longer to harvest with shears than regular ones.

Enjoy! :)

-------------

If you'd like to say thanks for this release and help contribute to the further development of Better Than Wolves, please consider making a donation:

BlackCat

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.52)

Post by BlackCat »

Can't wait to try these new stuffs out, SFS beacons have me all hot and bothered.
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

BlackCat wrote:Can't wait to try these new stuffs out, SFS beacons have me all hot and bothered.
Believe me, I'm excited too. I'm just going to sit back here for awhile with some popcorn and await the results.

Let's put it this way: I thought I'd spend an afternoon on them, and instead wound up spending a week on it ;)

BTW: I triaged the 2nd beacon type I had planned for this release in the end, but will be working on that one tomorrow. It turned out it's MUCH simpler by comparison ;)
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Ah yes! I'm so happy about finally getting a way to create and use groth without having to spend dozens of hours of my life randomly searching for a biome. Even if the new way to access nether groth takes dozens of hours to acquire the necessary ingredients, that's okay. At least doing so has a purpose instead of aimlessly wandering about.

Also, more beacon stuff! Sweet! I have dedicated all of Sunday (which is more play time than I've had in the last two months combined) to getting a beacon.
DNoved1

Post by DNoved1 »

A whole week huh? That SFS beacon must do something really neat...

...too bad I don't have the resources for a beacon yet, nor will I for a while.

Though the new method of getting groth is pretty conveniently timed, as I was beginning to think about setting out on a journey with a couple of maps in the hopes of finding the rare and elusive mushroom biome.

In any case, thanks for the update!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DNoved1 wrote: ...too bad I don't have the resources for a beacon yet, nor will I for a while.
As intended. This fits squarely into the category of "engame" content for BTW. I suspect people will be playing around with it for a very long time to come :)
Extreme Boyheat

Post by Extreme Boyheat »

Hoarding SFS blocks wasn't just for greed. :P
Time to grin.
odranoel

Post by odranoel »

im super excited! even tho i havnt been able to get a single beacon yet, iv made it my top MC priority.

getting the raw matireals for a SFS beacon however, thats guna be an adventure in itself! im trying to think of what could possibly justify the cost of it, but cant think of anything. i cant wait to see the mastery you came up with! :p
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Sweet, as if the armor and tools weren't already a fantastic payoff for my automated Soulforged steel factory. Now I just need to actually fight the wither so I can find out what powers hide within soulforged steel.

Thanks as always FC, looks fantastic!
icynewyear

Post by icynewyear »

The new method of creating nether groth is the answer to my prayers. Thank you.
danielngtiger

Post by danielngtiger »

Wow, I'm still working on getting other beacons, an SFS beacon will be a huge accomplishment. I suppose that is the point of endgame content, but I'm sure I'll be working on these beacons for a very long time. The alternate method of finding myceilum will be highly appreciated too, and I'm looking forward to searching for.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

danielngtiger wrote:Wow, I'm still working on getting other beacons, an SFS beacon will be a huge accomplishment. I suppose that is the point of endgame content, but I'm sure I'll be working on these beacons for a very long time. The alternate method of finding myceilum will be highly appreciated too, and I'm looking forward to searching for.
Well, that's the idea. I'd like you guys to have stuff to continue discovering while I work on my new project :)

It's a bit rough on me as I invest all this time into stuff that may not even be noticed for weeks/months to come, but at the same time, I think it's the right way to wrap up something like BTW :)
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Oh this makes me so very very happy after such a shit day :) Thank you FC so much time to play around and plan out some beacon locations.
xCrazyboy

Post by xCrazyboy »

Great update Flowerchild! I'm in-lovee with these new beacons. <3 They are definitely keeping me entertained, and the new beacon sounds are epic! :D
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

I thought I might have had to use cement to cover the Nether for the rest of eternity! Thank you.
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
Gears

Post by Gears »

Amazing as always. Have I mentioned that I love you, flowerchild?
FlowerChild wrote:For example, I'm feeling such a whim right now, and look forward with anticipation to the feeling of satisfaction that shall come from acting upon it.
Former Drill Sergeant and cranky gamer
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I must mention that the new beacon sounds are truly inspired. Freaked me out the first time I heard it.
barcode

Post by barcode »

FlowerChild wrote:-Added Soulforged Steel beacons.
Now I'm really curious ;)
FlowerChild wrote:-Fixed problem with not being able to set a player's spawn location through the command console or command block.
Ok, I didn't dare to ask you to change this since I thought it was intentional. But since I'm (still) working on an adventure map for BTW, I really applaud this! I was trying to figure out how the hell I can solve this... I am shooting for several stages to accomplish in different locations, and while it would work somehow it would be a pain to implement these stages for players who died. Setting a new spawn after each stage is easy enough though. I hope this makes it easier to get the job done, will test it in more detail tonight.. again, thanks,

A Special Big Thanks For This One! =)
FlowerChild wrote:-Fixed problem with compasses not behaving consistently near beacons.
I thought that was intenional =) Sort of like a compass near the north pole...
FlowerChild wrote:Enjoy! :)
For sure, thanks for the effort.

Also, on a side note, I was happy to read that you won't move over to the forge. Despite the fact that there are a few aesthetic mods out there that I would have liked to install alongside (like the one that lets you build slopes, it really sets buildings apart when used on them), I'd much rather see you do your thing. I understand why you were considering it, and it was good that you did, but it would have felt wrong. They didn't win, they shouldn't win, just because of the path they chose to lure you in.

In the end, your peace of mind is more important, but you have built an intelligent, friendly community here that supports you, because we appreciate what you do for us. Don't let the other crap get to you too much...
XantyZon wrote:- Remember just like you can't have manslaughter without laughter, you can not have forgery without forge.
xou816

Post by xou816 »

Thank you for the update!
ThePuzzleMasher

Post by ThePuzzleMasher »

FlowerChild wrote:-Added Soulforged Steel beacons.
We didn't even figure out what the iron, gold, and emerald ones do!
FlowerChild wrote:-Added an alternate means of creating Nether Groth Spores that doesn't require mycelium, and which is left to the player to discover.
oooh! I just wonder what it is.
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:-Added ability for Vases to blow up if they are broken while containing Blasting Oil.
Gunnerman21 wrote:This will also make Link from the Zelda series cower in fear
Which I bet all those pottery making families will love
ion

Post by ion »

i always hated to spam torches around just to have a safe zone. your improved beacons give me a very easy way to remove and use carefully placed light sources to stop mobs from spawning, all made in a very intuitive way, no headaches searching with the stupid F3 that gave you the light number at head level when monsters check for light at feet level to spawn.
thanks for the great mod. i do not play with all the option on (disabled HCB) but slowly i start learning and i have great fun in doing that.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Thanks for the new release! Keep up the great work! Can't wait to find out what the SFS beacons do, though that will take a VERY long time, as in my main, I am nowhere near having spare steel. I haven't ever even had enough to spare for 1 block in any world :(
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!