New Release! (BTW 4.51)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (BTW 4.51)

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 4.51 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

This release contains the following changes:

-Updated to the latest version of MCP. This should fix a number of multiplayer issues, and is the primary reason for this release. Note that it *may* necessitate a clean install of Minecraft and the mod to prevent further issues.

-Added recipes so that books (of all kinds) may be rendered down into Glue, with 2 books being required for 1 Glue.

-Changed Hardcore Spawning so that players leaving the end dimension are always returned to the original spawn point in the overworld.

-Fixed problem with most aesthetic block types responding like Concentrated Hellfire when used as part of a beacon pyramid.

-Fixed constant flashing on night vision beacon effect.

-Fixed vanilla problem where the player would get "caught" on chests when passing beside them, as it was frigging annoying.

Enjoy! :)

-------------

If you'd like to say thanks for this release and help contribute to the further development of Better Than Wolves, please consider making a donation:

DaveYanakov

Re: New Release! (BTW 4.51)

Post by DaveYanakov »

Oh, I thought the flashing was an intended drawback. Thank you for fixing my migraine issues FC!
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DaveYanakov wrote:Oh, I thought the flashing was an intended drawback. Thank you for fixing my migraine issues FC!
Hehe...no, I just had no idea what was causing it and had so many other beacon types on my plate that it slipped through the cracks of the 4.5 release.

When the cause was explained in the related bug report today, it became a very easy fix :)
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Excitement. :)

Very cool, I am going to decorate my original spawn to be a nice warm welcome from the End.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

So fast... I'm excited to play again. I haven't played any BTW in a while...
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

FlowerChild wrote:Version 4.51 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

This release contains the following changes:

-Updated to the latest version of MCP. This should fix a number of multiplayer issues, and is the primary reason for this release. Note that it *may* necessitate a clean install of Minecraft and the mod to prevent further issues.

-Added recipes so that books (of all kinds) may be rendered down into Glue, with 2 books being required for 1 Glue.

-Changed Hardcore Spawning so that players leaving the end dimension are always returned to the original spawn point in the overworld.

-Fixed problem with most aesthetic block types responding like Concentrated Hellfire when used as part of a beacon pyramid.

-Fixed constant flashing on night vision beacon effect.

-Fixed vanilla problem where the player would get "caught" on chests when passing beside them, as it was frigging annoying.

Enjoy! :)

-------------

If you'd like to say thanks for this release and help contribute to the further development of Better Than Wolves, please consider making a donation:

Ach, more updates!!

I love the speed at which you work man!

Only slight annoyance is that I'm in the process of convincing friends to use the mod (for my own selfish purposes, mind you) and they're a bit off put by having to install the mod over and over again. But, I guess nothing can stand in the way of progress :D
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Detritus wrote:Only slight annoyance is that I'm in the process of convincing friends to use the mod (for my own selfish purposes, mind you) and they're a bit off put by having to install the mod over and over again. But, I guess nothing can stand in the way of progress :D
Well, nobody has to install updates man. They're there when you want them, as often as you like.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

FlowerChild wrote:
Detritus wrote:Only slight annoyance is that I'm in the process of convincing friends to use the mod (for my own selfish purposes, mind you) and they're a bit off put by having to install the mod over and over again. But, I guess nothing can stand in the way of progress :D
Well, nobody has to install updates man. They're there when you want them, as often as you like.
I know, I'm sorry if you misunderstood what I said, it was intended as a compliment to you, but it may not have come out that way :L
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Detritus wrote: I know, I'm sorry if you misunderstood what I said, it was intended as a compliment to you, but it may not have come out that way :L
No worries man. It may be worth noting to your friends though :)
xou816

Post by xou816 »

Thank you FlowerChild!
Neat release, as always!
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

FlowerChild wrote:Version 4.51 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!
You are an infernal machine!

Thanks for fixing that rather annoying bug with desync that you didn't even cause. I know that it wasn't trivial - we tried to upgrade MCP early (for BWR) and even our changes failed to build first time through.

And now to test!
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

Everytime I look here, a new update ^^
Its a pitty that I don't have the time to play now :(
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
Dale

Post by Dale »

No wonder the download link didn't work.. You were already changing it to a new release... LOL you are awesome FC... purely... awesome!
DaveYanakov "Animals spawn in tall grass because pokemans"...
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Much appreciated as always FC. You knocked that nasty bug off in record time.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

FlowerChild wrote:
Detritus wrote: I know, I'm sorry if you misunderstood what I said, it was intended as a compliment to you, but it may not have come out that way :L
No worries man. It may be worth noting to your friends though :)

Well, I'm running a server for the three/four of us, and so if I update, they all need to update as well, which is not easy for some of them.
BobSlingblade679

Post by BobSlingblade679 »

FlowerChild wrote:
DaveYanakov wrote:Oh, I thought the flashing was an intended drawback. Thank you for fixing my migraine issues FC!
Hehe...no, I just had no idea what was causing it and had so many other beacon types on my plate that it slipped through the cracks of the 4.5 release.

When the cause was explained in the related bug report today, it became a very easy fix :)
Yay! I helped! :D

I figured you hadn't made a night vision potion before. That's the only reason I knew what was going on- because I made a batch of them to see how they worked.

off-topic: night-vision rocks for clay farming
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

BobSlingblade679 wrote: I figured you hadn't made a night vision potion before. That's the only reason I knew what was going on- because I made a batch of them to see how they worked.
Actually, that's bang on too. I don't like potions in general very much, so it's rather rare that I make them or try out the new types when they are released.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Do you not like them because you feel their OP,too much reward for too little effort, or for another reason?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:Do you not like them because you feel their OP,too much reward for too little effort, or for another reason?
Well, there's a number of factors with them. First, the game was already too easy before their inclusion, so I never felt compelled to bother with them. Secondly, they don't have any really special or unique effects that make them feel worthwhile. Thirdly, I really don't like speed potions as they further remove incentive for building rail networks (I've been toying with the idea of ripping them out for awhile), and are super cheap to produce.

All told, I think the only one I made extensive use of was fire resistance during nether construction, and even then, I eventually got tired of brewing them and carrying them around and stopped doing so (I don't fall into lava enough to justify using them).

So yeah, all together, my reaction to them was distinctly "meh", and I just never feel like brewing them unless I'm fighting the wither. To me, they just felt like another kinda half thought-out addition from the "adventure update" that the game didn't really need other than to put a tick on some checklist somewhere in calling it "finished".
ImSheroPsu

Post by ImSheroPsu »

Detritus wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:
I know, I'm sorry if you misunderstood what I said, it was intended as a compliment to you, but it may not have come out that way :L
That's one of them fancy complisults even though it wasn't intended as such.
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:
ManPotatoes wrote:
If you hate it ban me I could care less C:

Bonus.
TwelveYO

Post by TwelveYO »

BTW愛してる!

Have a question
Does change the way of summoning Wither?
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

TwelveYO wrote:BTW愛してる!

Have a question
No, why should it?
TwelveYO

Post by TwelveYO »

Ferrus.Manus wrote:
TwelveYO wrote:BTW愛してる!

Have a question
No, why should it?

Oh ... I'm sorry
I was a very big mistake

Difficulty was still peaceful
Please forget me