New Release! (BTW V4.42)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (BTW V4.42)

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 4.42 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

This release contains the following changes:

-Updated the mod to version 1.4.7 of Minecraft.

-Added ability to harvest webs with shears without requiring the silk touch enchant on them.

-Added the ability to render Mutton down into Tallow.

-Added the ability to create sandstone Siding and other sandstone sub-blocks out of all the different sandstone block types.

-Added high efficiency recipes for White Stone, nether brick, brick, and sandstone stairs using Moulding of the corresponding type.

-Changed Hardcore Spawn to be enabled by default. It can still be disabled through the mod's config file.

-Changed the way the Hibachi determines if blocks above it should be incinerated when it is lit, so that it is a little more consistent and logical.

-Changed Hardcore Buckets so that vanilla dispensers can dispense and retrieve water buckets in the end dimension.

-Changed (refactored) the way the mod's inventory management functions work internally to be much cleaner. I mention this as it may affect add-on authors.

-Changed the way Hardcore Spawn works to fix problems with spawning in empty space on skyblock style maps.

-Fixed problem with shears taking longer to harvest Wool Slabs than wool blocks.

-Fixed problem with Wicker blocks dropping Soap blocks when cut by the Saw.

-Fixed problem with item stacks only merging with a single partial stack before creating a new stack when added to some mod inventories.

-Fixed problem with item stacks sometimes not merging properly with existing partial stacks when added to a double chest by the Hopper.

-Fixed problem with the way various crops (wheat, potatoes, and carrots) display when growing in a planter. Previously, they were displaying a bit too low, making it difficult to tell when they were fully grown (carrots in particular).

-Fixed crash bug in SMP when a player has the Anvil GUI open, and another player destroys the Anvil.

Enjoy! :)

-------------

If you'd like to say thanks for this release and help contribute to the further development of Better Than Wolves, please consider making a donation:

EpicAaron

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.42)

Post by EpicAaron »

I love randomly refreshing to suddenly stumble upon an update. Thanks!
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
Folrig

Post by Folrig »

FC, you are so cool. Thanks for doing all of this!
This...all of this...is just...wonky!
danielngtiger

Post by danielngtiger »

Wow, thanks for lots of really cool stuff, especially with all this crap flying around!
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

it's still with modloader, right?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

RalphKastro wrote:it's still with modloader, right?
Let's hear it for rule #1 everyone!
Adubbz

Post by Adubbz »

FlowerChild wrote:
RalphKastro wrote:it's still with modloader, right?
Let's hear it for rule #1 everyone!
*The crowd cheers for rule #1* Anyways, thanks for the update =)
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

Thanks for the update Flowerchild. *wiggles*
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

Thanks a bunch for the update! Looking forward to playing around with cobwebs, since no demonic library could ever be complete without them :)
azagal73

Post by azagal73 »

Thank you for the update and giving us a logical way to obtain cobwebs.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

azagal73 wrote:Thank you for the update and giving us a logical way to obtain cobwebs.
Np. The silk-touch on sheers thing was just silly IMO. I'm all for challenge, but not at the expense of consistency, and not when it's purely artificial.
duartemad

Post by duartemad »

Thanks for the update FC :D
FlowerChild wrote:
Ph1il93 wrote:and it seems 1.4.6 is comming.
Excuse me for a moment while I say:

Fuck.
ReaperT

Post by ReaperT »

Nice update. And now to start playing with hardcore spawn. Now that its on by default, I have no excuse not to use it (I don't use the config unless I have to).
azagal73

Post by azagal73 »

I'm not sure if the problem I'm encountering is related to the inventory changes that have been made.

I've collected at least 4 of the different "steve" heads available, and I'm sometimes having trouble getting each of the differently named heads to stack correctly.

Initially it looked like they would only stack at most 2 per stack, but then I managed to drag and drop a head onto the stack and it went to 3. But other times it would just swap over the stacks, as if they were not the same item. Eventually I got all of one type of head in the same stack, but it took several attempts (closing inventory GUI between tries sometimes helped)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

ReaperT wrote:(I don't use the config unless I have to).
Honestly, neither do I :)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Huzzah for new release!
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

woooo everything is beautiful
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
odranoel

Post by odranoel »

Spock: Captain! Sensors have detected an update!

Kirk: GO TO MAXIMUM WARP!

---

Thank you FC for another awsome update. its been a bit of a roller coaster ride lately but you still seem to be at the top of your game (no pun intended) :p

lets see what we have:
Spoiler
Show
-Updated the mod to version 1.4.7 of Minecraft.

Mojang! why you update so much!?

-Added ability to harvest webs with shears without requiring the silk touch enchant on them.

makes sence, does seem like something they should already do considering how they act on leaves, no enchant nessisary.

-Added the ability to render Mutton down into Tallow.

more sources to blow things up! hurray!

-Added the ability to create sandstone Siding and other sandstone sub-blocks out of all the different sandstone block types.

yet more decorative blocks! hurray!

-Added high efficiency recipes for White Stone, nether brick, brick, and sandstone stairs using Moulding of the corresponding type.

thank you thank you thank you thank you

-Changed Hardcore Spawn to be enabled by default. It can still be disabled through the mod's config file.

this should be intresting, guess its time i give it a go.

-Changed the way the Hibachi determines if blocks above it should be incinerated when it is lit, so that it is a little more consistent and logical.

To the lab!

-Changed Hardcore Buckets so that vanilla dispensers can dispense and retrieve water buckets in the end dimension.

....wow i need to get to the end still :/

-Changed (refactored) the way the mod's inventory management functions work internally to be much cleaner. I mention this as it may affect add-on authors.

*you are unable to make out the strange writing and symbols on the wall*

-Changed the way Hardcore Spawn works to fix problems with spawning in empty space on skyblock style maps.

*imagines players repeatedly spawning and falling to their deaths before finally matirealizing somewhere solid. kinda of like a temporary hellish limbo where you repeatedly experience death :/ *

-Fixed problem with shears taking longer to harvest Wool Slabs than wool blocks.

i should start my colored wool farm one of these days...

-Fixed problem with Wicker blocks dropping Soap blocks when cut by the Saw.

O.o

-Fixed problem with item stacks only merging with a single partial stack before creating a new stack when added to some mod inventories.

i dont belive i witnessed that bug, or maybe didnt notice it?

-Fixed problem with item stacks sometimes not merging properly with existing partial stacks when added to a double chest by the Hopper.

^same as above^

-Fixed problem with the way various crops (wheat, potatoes, and carrots) display when growing in a planter. Previously, they were displaying a bit too low, making it difficult to tell when they were fully grown (carrots in particular).

hurray for sexy carrots again :p

-Fixed crash bug in SMP when a player has the Anvil GUI open, and another player destroys the Anvil.

im sure there must be a troll crying somewhere
---
azagal73 wrote: Initially it looked like they would only stack at most 2 per stack, but then I managed to drag and drop a head onto the stack and it went to 3. But other times it would just swap over the stacks, as if they were not the same item. Eventually I got all of one type of head in the same stack, but it took several attempts (closing inventory GUI between tries sometimes helped)
i also had that happen to me with the lex heads. but it might have been fixed with the changes to item stacks FC has just done. only one way to find out!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

odranoel wrote: Thank you FC for another awsome update. its been a bit of a roller coaster ride lately but you still seem to be at the top of your game (no pun intended) :p
Erg...no man. I've done hardly anything on the mod in about a month since this started. At best, this would be maybe a bi-weekly update under normal circumstances.
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Thanks FC, as always your hard work is greatly appreciated. There are some nice changes in this update.
xou816

Post by xou816 »

Small yet neat update! Yay :)
Thank you FlowerChild
praetorianer

Post by praetorianer »

Thank you :) ... been checking the Forum and Website some dozen times since yesterday, or the day before, in hope for a new release. Finally its there :D ...
been unfaithful to minecraft for over a month (now I'm tired of what I played in that time, really tired). But have the strong need now to play again, built something up again, maybe even -finally- convincing some friends to play along. But not without BTW!

Thats a nice good-morning-present :)
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

FlowerChild wrote:
odranoel wrote: Thank you FC for another awsome update. its been a bit of a roller coaster ride lately but you still seem to be at the top of your game (no pun intended) :p
Erg...no man. I've done hardly anything on the mod in about a month since this started. At best, this would be maybe a bi-weekly update under normal circumstances.

Thanks for the update, FC! And for what it's worth, an update is an update. You've given so much to play with already - even if there's not as much work going in compared to "normal circumstances", we still have more than enough with which to distract ourselves. And you have updated, which is fantastic.

I know I've said it before, but you are an inspiration. I truly do hope that, one way or another, you get back the excitement and thrill you used to get from BTW. Whether it returns in your work on BTW, is in RTH, or is in a completely new environment, you will have my respect and support, even if you decide to not tell us what it is to keep it away from the undeserved drama you received from the venture.

So thanks again, FC, and as always, if there's anything we can help with, you just need to ask (:.
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Thanks for the update FlowerChild ! Much appreciated, as always ;-)
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

FlowerChild wrote: -Added the ability to create sandstone Siding and other sandstone sub-blocks out of all the different sandstone block types.

Buckets of genetic material have been produced. Thanks for this man. :]
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said