New Release! (BTW V4.41)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (BTW V4.41)

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 4.41 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

This release contains the following changes:

-Updated the mod to version 1.4.6 of Minecraft.

-Added raw and cooked Mutton as new food items, as I got tired of waiting for Mojang to get around to it :)

-Added a "clean" version of the Chopping Block. When first created, it will be clean, and will become dirty through use. Dirty blocks may also be cleaned by using Soap in a heated Cauldron, with a single bar of Soap cleaning 4 Chopping Blocks.

-Added the ability to grind skeleton skulls into bone meal with the Mill Stone.

-Added internal functionality to differentiate between ice blocks formed out of source water blocks, and those that aren't with Hardcore Buckets enabled. This means that source ice will turn back into source water when harvested, so that you will no longer get unsightly holes in your frozen lakes when breaking it, and that ice blocks you move yourself will melt into temporary water as they do now. Note that all ice that was in existence previous to this change is considered to be made of source water, which may result in old manually placed ice blocks turning into source water when broken.

-Added internal functionality so that smooth stone pedestals and oak tables, use the same texture indexes the old blocks of the same type did, so that texture pack artists can keep their old textures for those blocks. Note that oak benches also use the same textures as oak tables for consistency.

-Added internal functionality so that add-on authors can determine how their blocks function when cut by a Saw.

-Added internal hook to specify the size of the animated Stoked Fire texture, for use by MCPatcher.

-Changed the vanilla bow so that it will fire any Rotted Arrows in your inventory before regular ones, given that Rotted Arrows are less valuable (since they can't be reused) and do the same damage. Note that this doesn't affect the Composite Bow since it can not effectively fire Rotted Arrows.

-Changed infinity enchanted arrows to shatter on impact, similar to Rotted Arrows.

-Changed the way Hardcore Spawning works so that it functions properly on super-flat maps.

-Fixed problem with Benches and the mod's custom fences not rendering properly under certain circumstances.

-Fixed problem with mod food-items not displaying particles with the right texture when eaten.

-Fixed problem with golems not displaying dig particles for the block they are walking on when wandering around, and the same for players when they are sprinting. Similar to the food fix above, they now also display correctly for mod blocks.

-Fixed problem with the wood-based column recipes granting 4 columns, instead of the appropriate 1.

Merry Christmas everyone! :)

-------------

If you'd like to say thanks for this release and help contribute to the further development of Better Than Wolves, please consider making a donation:

BlackCat

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.41)

Post by BlackCat »

Best. Christmas. Ever.
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
ReaperT

Post by ReaperT »

There's no doubt that this is the best Christmas gift I'll get this year.
Chibiterase

Post by Chibiterase »

Such a great way to greet Christmas :D Thanks FC!
(even though servers wont be updated as fast as the official one but, oh well xD)
No doubt the Best Gift I got so far! :3 <mansquee>
Have you thought about what you've done recently? Where you've been and from? Who you met? Take time to think about your life once a while.
odranoel

Post by odranoel »

thank you for another awsome release, oh mighty FC.

iv always been bothered with the fact sheep didnt drop any food as it just seemed....inconsistent. (even tho theres tons of food anyways) and i love the updae to the chopping block, as it did feel a lil weird for it to already be instantly bloody when crafted. and hurray for more uses for soap!

as always its the little things like these that can really make a big diffrence in the long run. :D

oh and, merry chrismas o tentacled one!

Edit to add: oh and good idea on grinding skeleton skulls into bone meal! such obvius funcionality, but it probably would have never occured to me.
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

Merry Christmas Flowerchild, may your tummy be filled with christmas cheer and lots of beer!

Thank you for the update! :)
Last edited by destineternel on Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
Ozziie

Post by Ozziie »

Mutton for Christmas... not very traditional but certainly welcome :)

Thanks for the release FC!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

You're welcome guys :)
odranoel wrote: iv always been bothered with the fact sheep didnt drop any food as it just seemed....inconsistent.
Same here. I had always just held off because there's been a few mentions from Jeb along the way that he was going to add it...eventually.

I finally had enough of it on my recent anarchy play-through though when at one point I was borderline starving and surrounded by a herd of sheep.

Yes, the game is overly saturated with food, but from a consistency standpoint, the sheep thing was just silly, and there's no shortage of item IDs in the game, so there was really no reason for me not to spend ten minutes adding it in.
odranoel wrote: Edit to add: oh and good idea on grinding skeleton skulls into bone meal! such obvius funcionality, but it probably would have never occured to me.
Again from my anarchy play-through. Was going through the hemp portion of the tech tree, ran out of bone, and was using a skeleton skull I had found as a fence decoration.

It kept laughing at me...laughing at my shortage of bone meal while it sat there grinning and unmolested. Oh how it laughed, and laughed...until I stuck it in a Mill Stone and silenced it forever ;)

Anyways, those along with the various arrow tweaks were the little things I mentioned this morning as wanting to get in before release.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Thanks a lot FC ! Merry Christmas to you :-)
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Kombucha

Post by Kombucha »

Yay! So excited for mutton.

The irony here is that now the Modloader download links at MCF are busted. XD

:edit: they seem to be fixed now.
Last edited by Kombucha on Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Thanks for the new release, man! Nice job as always!
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

Kombucha wrote::edit: they seem to be fixed now.
it's still not working for me.

EDIT:it's working now.
Last edited by RalphKastro on Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

FlowerChild wrote:Merry Christmas everyone! :)
And a merry Christmas to you, good sir. Thank you for this release. I'll be sure to build myself a new farm for my sheeps now.
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

<3. Merry Christmas FC. :)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Whoo!

Happy BTW update everyone!
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
xou816

Post by xou816 »

Woot! Thank you FC! So that your work on Christmas? You're awesome :)

Happy "better than Christmas" everyone!

EDIT: Wow, the clean Chopping blocks are really sexy! And the mutton's sprites as well!
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Definitely Better than Christmas ;)
Thx bro :)
devak

Post by devak »

I just laughed, real real hard when i visited my mob trap and found all the mob drop chests turned into presents.

Happy Better than Christmas everyone!
STrRedWolf

Post by STrRedWolf »

Mmmmm... mutton...

Great, I gotta change my breeding farms a bit... Time for a superflat creative world!
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Merry christmas man, stuff yourself with noms and booze :]
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Dale

Post by Dale »

Awesome, you impress me with how fast you update your mod. Mutton, finally! As long as the green sheep's mutton isn't green we're cool!...
DaveYanakov "Animals spawn in tall grass because pokemans"...
pyrosheep24

Post by pyrosheep24 »

is it weird i consider the new update to be one of my better xmas gifts?
abzu93

Post by abzu93 »

pyrosheep24 wrote:is it weird i consider the new update to be one of my better xmas gifts?
Nope. It'll probably last longer too!
BTW Independence Sig
Spoiler
Show
PatriotBob

Post by PatriotBob »

I have to agree, probably the best gift I'll get for Christmas...

Oh the tragedy of being an adult... have to buy all the fun things your self.
danielngtiger

Post by danielngtiger »

Merry Christmas everyone! This update is a great present.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.