New Release! (BTW V4.38)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (BTW V4.38)

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 4.38 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

This release contains the following changes:

IMPORTANT: This version requires a CLEAN install of BTW to function properly. This means that you need to redownload Minecraft (delete your bin directory and run the game without the mod installed), then install 4.38 to it. Just copying over the old install will likely result in bugs and potential crashes. My apologies for this as I normally try to make such changes when vanilla updates to prevent these kinds of problems, but this one slipped through the cracks.

-Added Hardcore Melons.

-Added nether brick Siding, Moulding, Corners, Pedestals, Columns, and Tables.

-Added internal functionality to determine when a block has a center "hard point" to a particular facing to determine if things like torches, Lightning Rods, and Stakes can "stick" to them. This allows for a number of blocks to attach to others that previously weren't possible, and may be useful for add-on authors in establishing similar functionality with their blocks. This also marks the triumphant return of torches sticking to the sides of Panels ;)

-Added the ability to melt down Lightning Rods in the Crucible.

-Changed the order in which the Cauldron processes ingredients so that gunpowder is created before string is converted into wool. This allows for the dumping in of the raw materials required to make Fuses, without your string being turned into wool.

-Changed some code internally to eliminate base classes that were getting modified in the releases of the mod that I wasn't actually modifying. This is what necessitates the reinstall mentioned above.

-Changed Wind Mills & Water Wheels so that they can not be placed when overlapping with another entity, including the player.

-Changed the way vertical Wind Mills are placed to accommodate the above change, and to make their placement more intuitive. They are now placed so that their vertical position *starts* (either top or bottom) at the Axle you click on. In other words, if you're looking upwards, it will place the Wind Mill going up from the Axle you click on, if you're looking down, then going downwards from it.

-Fixed "pick block" functionality (middle mouse button) to work on a bunch of mod blocks.

-Fixed some Corners not placing properly in SMP.

-Fixed Dynamite not firing out of vanilla dispensers in SMP.

-Fixed Splash Potions not firing out of vanilla dispensers in SMP.

-Fixed Buckets not dispensing properly out of vanilla dispensers in SMP, with Hardcore Buckets disabled.

-Fixed problem with being able to place Urns, Grates, Wicker, and Slats while the player or another entity was in the space the block was to occupy.

Enjoy! :)

-------------

If you'd like to say thanks for this release and help contribute to the further development of Better Than Wolves, please consider making a donation:

Thordan Ssoa

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.38)

Post by Thordan Ssoa »

FlowerChild wrote: -Added Hardcore Melons.
I can't wait to see what you've done to my delicious melons.
FlowerChild wrote:Never have I seen folks have this much fun with sheep without wearing a kilt.
FlowerChild wrote:you haven't seen a fight scene until you've seen one with horse schlongs swinging free
CumuloNimbus10

Post by CumuloNimbus10 »

Nether Brick :)
Nerdasaurus_Rex

Post by Nerdasaurus_Rex »

Holy crap on a cracker... How are we supposed to keep up with you? I haven't even made a lightning rod yet...

Thanks for the update FC. :P
At one point I thought that the world was perfect.
Then I found BTW.
Now I'm in therapy.
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Thanks for the update as always man :)
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

FC, thank you for the update and bug fixes. :) *wiggles*
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

Hoho! Hardcore Melons! Just when I finally found some seeds (12 bloody chests in a massive abandoned mineshaft before I found 'em) and setup a massive melon farm too. Very interested see what this entails.

Danke for more decorative blocks! I like your blocks alot better then the micro blocks in other mods. Just the right number of microblocks in my opinion and clever ways of making them.

Edit: Oh, also, if you install using MCPatcher there's no need to redownload. MCPatcher makes a backup of the existing Jar when first ran so if you use it before mucking with your jar you'll always have a fresh one at your disposal.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Hm.... Hardcore melons... I wonder what they do...
Ancilangeli

Post by Ancilangeli »

FlowerChild wrote:-Added internal functionality to determine when a block has a center "hard point" to a particular facing to determine if things like torches, Lightning Rods, and Stakes can "stick" to them.
you have no idea how grateful i am for that, the way it worked before made compacting some redstone designs dependent on cardinal direction (which ive been having a hard time figuring out underground)
how to take a no like a sir
Spoiler
Show
a forum user after being told they couldnt do something wrote:Alright, that's all I wanted to know, thank you very much.

I think that this closes the issue. Thread can be locked.
abzu93

Post by abzu93 »

Hardcore melons? I just found seeds! My initial reaction from reading this is that my greatest and most ridiculous hope would that they explode on impact. I can't wait to find out!

Thanks much for the update, Sir!
BTW Independence Sig
Spoiler
Show
Thyrllann

Post by Thyrllann »

Cheers for the update FC! I can't wait to figure out what HC Melons entails...

Now, onwards to the Testing Facility!
FlowerChild wrote:MCF would probably not approve of "you've got a massive spider-cock stuck in your throat" status effect.
Flesh_Engine

Post by Flesh_Engine »

Thanks for the update man.
FlowerChild wrote: -Added Hardcore Melons.
#1reasonwhy ?

;p
"An engine of flesh can do that..." // "Man feed Machine. Machine feed Man..."
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Been inactive for a long time now but I just wanted to hop in and say that I'm still here. Keep up the good work!
Flesh_Engine wrote:#1reasonwhy ?
LOL!
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Oooooohhhh, my favorite aesthetic block now has Siding moulding corner etc .... Sweet :)
Thanks bro ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Battosay wrote:Oooooohhhh, my favorite aesthetic block now has Siding moulding corner etc .... Sweet :)
Thanks bro ;)
Hehe...I knew you'd like that one :)
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...I knew you'd like that one :)
Like ? I love it :)
I'm sure HCMelon will be nice too, but I don't know what it does yet :p
Thorium-232

Post by Thorium-232 »

FlowerChild wrote:-Added nether brick Siding, Moulding, Corners, Pedestals, Columns, and Tables.
People over on Reddit were shitting their pants at the nether slab announcement like it was the second coming, and one of your minor updates does more than that before it even gets its pants on (or off, more likely). Zombie Pigman farm is going to look at lot more deadly tomorrow than it did yesterday. Awesome work!
Stormweaver wrote:Then you can just use the day/night cycle to separate out the adults, and put the kids in storage till you're ready to murder them.
xou816

Post by xou816 »

Nice little release, time to try it out! :)
Thank you, as always!
StarsintheSky

Post by StarsintheSky »

Well I certainly wasn't expecting this sweet little surprise this morning. Thanks for the update, FlowerChild!
IGN: Beschaulichkeit
Sprinkl3s

Post by Sprinkl3s »

What a great way to start the morning. Thank you for the update FC.
Lerciolas

Post by Lerciolas »

Oh my... If there's one thing that amaze me, it how you can keep up crunching updates like there's no tomorrow... You're incredible FC!!

As for hardcore melons, I've to get some seeds first, can't wait to try them!
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Wow, my applause. You really are a dedicated and wonderful man, time and time again proving yourself to be a truly respectable mod author. Despite your frustration, despite all the frustrating drivel thrown your way you continue just as strong. I'm glad you've got something you love doing, and I'm enjoying loving it with you (and likely hating it with you at the same level as you do).

Great release and many congratulations on your progress. I wish you the best in all of your further developments, and I'm glad to be a part of it, however small a part that might be.
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
LiveInPain

Post by LiveInPain »

Thank you for another awesome release. Can't wait to see what Harcore Mellons do :)
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

BlackCat wrote:and likely hating it with you at the same level as you do).
The end user of a product never truly understands the blood sweat and tears that go into making it unless they've done it themselves. You can empathize with a situation, but its unlikely you feel something on the same level as Fc.

As to the release, I think I've got an inkling into what hc melons do. Only time will tell! Everything else looks great and the new nether brick variants will make my Infernal library much better! Thanks!
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

FlowerChild wrote: -Fixed "pick block" functionality (middle mouse button) to work on a bunch of mod blocks.
I thought I was the only one that used that shortcut, hehe. I use it so much, almost as much as the shift clicking. I also cringe when I see youtubers scroll all the way down to a block that is right in front of their crosshair. :P

Good stuff in this release, hehe :]
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said