New Release! (BTW V4.35)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (BTW V4.35)

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 4.35 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

This release contains the following changes:

-Updated the mod to version 1.4.4 of Minecraft.

-Added the ability for blocks of Concentrated Hellfire to burn indefinitely (like Netherrack), but *in any direction* (unlike Netherrack which only burns like this to the top). This provides for much greater decorative options using fire. Let the giant flaming sword construction commence! ;)

-Added the ability to grow sugar cane diagonally bordering on water, because I've always found it annoying that you couldn't, and I am a take-no-prisoners-certified-base-class-modifying-maniac. Fear my wrath puny sugar canes! FEAR ME!!!!

-Added recipe for chiseled stone brick. You can create it on the Anvil with 12 stone brick blocks in a rectangular pattern.

-Added internal hook to specify if blocks can burn infinitely (like netherrack). This may be useful to add-on authors.

-Added internal hook to specify if a block extinguishes fire above it (like an unpowered Hibachi). This may be useful to add-on authors.

-Added internal hook for when blocks are destroyed by fire. This may be useful to add-on authors.

-Changed the way vanilla fire renders so that it prefers a flammable side-surface to a non-flammable bottom surface. For example, if you light the base of a tree on fire, the fire will appear on the side of the tree, instead of on top of the dirt next to it.

-Changed (refactored) things internally to reduce the number of base class edits the mod requires, to facilitate future version updates.

-Changed (refactored) the way mechanical blocks work internally to simplify the code somewhat. This may be of interest to add-on authors.

-Changed the way fire works internally to make it easier to set which blocks are flammable. This may be useful to add-on authors.

-Changed (reverted) Mojang's "fix" to items getting stuck in blocks as it created more bugs than it fixed.

-Fixed problem where if a repeater was swallowed by a Block Dispenser, connected circuits would not always properly update their state.

-Fixed problem with the Block Dispenser not properly handling silverfish infested blocks.

-Fixed problem where mechanical devices could be overpowered from directions in which they didn't have an axle-input.

-Fixed vanilla bug that caused particles (especially torch flames) to flash all over the screen in an exceedingly annoying fashion.

Enjoy! :)

-------------

If you'd like to say thanks for this release and help contribute to the further development of Better Than Wolves, please consider making a donation:

Panda

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.35)

Post by Panda »

Yay I cant wait to see what cool things i can do with the hellfire, like make a water current trap that leads mobs into fire :D Vertical FIRE!!!
Never say no to Panda.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Wow! Snappy Wappy! Thanks lots my good man!
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Huzzah! Nice job man!
shifty

Post by shifty »

Thanks! Gonna make some cool sword wielding statues :)
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

Well like I always say....

FC, thank you for the update and your hard work. :) Cheers!
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

You're welcome guys! As always, verification the new release is working fine, especially by server operators, is much appreciated, as I'm starting to get my Friday night beer action going, so I will only be able to handle emergency issues for a limited time ;)

Server verification is especially appreciated because my ability to test SMP locally is rather limited.
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

FlowerChild wrote:Let the giant flaming sword construction commence! ;)
"Sword". Suuuuuuure.

Thanks for the release FC!
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Gunna update my server now, will tell you of any bugs I find over the IRC.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
Panda

Post by Panda »

FlowerChild wrote:You're welcome guys! As always, verification the new release is working fine, especially by server operators, is much appreciated, as I'm starting to get my Friday night beer action going, so I will only be able to handle emergency issues for a limited time ;)

Server verification is especially appreciated because my ability to test SMP locally is rather limited.
Get your beer on Bro-sive, out of everyone i know you deserve it the most!! ..... I has beer too! sqwee! glug glug glug

but on a more positive note i think fire pointing in different directions is gonna open up alot of mob grinder ideas!!
Never say no to Panda.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Panda wrote:but on a more positive note i think fire pointing in different directions is gonna open up alot of mob grinder ideas!!
I'm not sure about that actually. I really only put it in for aesthetics, and I think it will be of dubious use in mob traps.
Panda

Post by Panda »

FlowerChild wrote:
Panda wrote:but on a more positive note i think fire pointing in different directions is gonna open up alot of mob grinder ideas!!
I'm not sure about that actually. I really only put it in for aesthetics, and I think it will be of dubious use in mob traps.
ahh your right.... :D Well Drinky time
Never say no to Panda.
Thordan Ssoa

Post by Thordan Ssoa »

Panda wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:You're welcome guys! As always, verification the new release is working fine, especially by server operators, is much appreciated, as I'm starting to get my Friday night beer action going, so I will only be able to handle emergency issues for a limited time ;)

Get your beer on Bro-sive, out of everyone i know you deserve it the most!! ..... I has beer too! sqwee! glug glug glug

but on a more positive note i think fire pointing in different directions is gonna open up alot of mob grinder ideas!!
Well damn, I seem to be without beer. Or whiskey. Or anything to celebrate with...

Well, thanks and congrats anyway. Not having to tell mc not to update every time I open it is always a great thing. That and now going and making a giant flaming "sword" on the server.
FlowerChild wrote:Never have I seen folks have this much fun with sheep without wearing a kilt.
FlowerChild wrote:you haven't seen a fight scene until you've seen one with horse schlongs swinging free
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Thanks for the release Flower ! Much appreciated as always ;)

I won't be able to seek hypothetical bugs now, it's currently 3am here ;-) I'm sure it'll be fine though as you derping is kinda rare.

Happy drinky time. I hope to be able to get you some of that by the end of the year !
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
danielngtiger

Post by danielngtiger »

Hurrah for flaming swords! And for booze on a friday night!
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
abzu93

Post by abzu93 »

Thank you so much (again and again and again....)!

Now my friend can get to work on flaming up a rather large sordid ("sworded?") statue we made a bit ago. It turns out we both have a "special aesthetic sensibility"; kind of like the time we made a Cthulhu meatloaf. It was horrific yet awesome! Also the ability to add the decorative stone is a really nice idea.

Once again, us BTW'ers over here are very, very appreciative!
BTW Independence Sig
Spoiler
Show
Thyrllann

Post by Thyrllann »

Cheers for the update FC!

Now I finally have a way to use those blocks of Hellfire...
Let the flaming-statue-construction commence!
FlowerChild wrote:MCF would probably not approve of "you've got a massive spider-cock stuck in your throat" status effect.
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

FlowerChild wrote: -Added recipe for chiseled stone brick. You can create it on the Anvil with 12 stone brick blocks in a rectangular pattern.
You mean the three hours of work I did to make a connected texture for chiseled stone can be used to it's fullest? Yay!
Things about me.
Show
1: I hate all updates past 1.2.5. Server lag in SP?!?
2: I've never made it to SFS.
3:
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Thanks for the new release, man! All your hard work is very much appreciated! I especially love the ability to craft circle stone brick. It was really idiotic that you couldn't get it normally. The new fire changes are awesome as well.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Just posted something, something, version b with a fix for the SMP crash on opening enderchests:

Download Link

Updating the Op to match and all that usual chicka chicka jazz.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

We believed in you FC, and you pulled through!
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
Toyi

Post by Toyi »

FlowerChild wrote:Just posted something, something, version b with a fix for the SMP crash on opening enderchests:

Download Link

Updating the Op to match and all that usual chicka chicka jazz.
You're the best, FC!

Quickfixing bugs in mere minutes even when under influence of beer :D
dawnraider wrote: Ah, yes. I always love gathering info through violence ;) Anyways, nice job on starting this up!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Man, emergency patches while I'm shit-faced are not my idea of a good time, but I can get the job done :)
Faz

Post by Faz »

Look at this guy, I've been away from BTW for a while(well Minecraft in general) and when I come back to check the change logs there's tonnes of cool stuff added and he's updated to 1.4.4.

I don't know how you do it man but keep up the good work.
Educated_Fool

Post by Educated_Fool »

FlowerChild wrote:-Fixed problem where if a repeater was swallowed by a Block Dispenser, connected circuits would not always properly update their state..
Thanks for this =) The locked repeater feature of mojang messed up a couple of my builds, and for some of them the only fix I could think of (under the limited space) incorporated the setup that was affected by this bug. So thanks for saving my builds :D

Also love that we can now craft chisseled stone bricks, I like playing with aesthetic blocks and the fact I couldn't use this one kinda pissed me of. Kudos to you sir!
I can see clearly now my brain is gone.