New Release! (BTW V4.33)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (BTW V4.33)

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 4.33 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

This release contains the following changes:

-Added high efficiency recipe for item frames involving Tanned Leather surrounded by wood Moulding.

-Added internal functionality to allow silk touch to function or not on blocks based on their subtype. This was used to allow White Stone and Flint blocks to be harvested without converting into other blocks when using silk touch, but it may be useful for add-on authors as well.

-Added Crucible recipe that first converts gold bars into gold nuggets when there isn't enough Concentrated Hellfire present to produce redstone out of a full bar.

-Changed the green "you are here" marker on maps placed in frames to point in the direction you are looking at, instead of the direction the map is facing, as it feels far more natural given the direction of the pointer when the map is being held. In other words, the pointer now points in the direction you are looking if your viewing the map from straight on, instead of pointing in the opposite direction, which is the direction the map itself is pointing in.

-Changed wolves so that they will lose their angry state after their target is dead.

-Changed cake so that it is only eaten on right-click, to match the other changes made by Mojang in this regard.

-Changed (refactored) several parts of the mod code to reduce the number of base-classes the mod changes. This will speed up the process of porting to new versions of Minecraft in the future.

-Changed Glue and slime balls so that they are entirely separate materials with their own uses. Slime is a tacky material that is used for creating things like sticky-pistons, while Glue is a permanent adhesive. Several mod recipes have been changed to reflect this, but the end result is that they can no longer be used interchangeably in recipes, and all mod recipes involve Glue, not slime. This was done because slimes are much more readily available in vanilla now.

-Changed how chicken possession in the nether works internally to pave the way for additional changes of a similar nature in the future.

-Fixed crash when attempting to zoom maps out with the Anvil.

-Fixed problem with Stoked Fire being picked up by the Block Dispenser.

-Removed ability of the Block Dispenser to pick up skulls due to code complications. I may address this later, but for the time being, the BD is simply not effective on skulls.

-Fixed problem with maps in Item Frames not updating properly on world load.

-Removed map player location indicator when players are off the edge of the map. I left a slight "border" in there so you still get the indicator if you are slightly off the edge, but it doesn't extend very far at all anymore.

-Removed map display of location of other players in multiplayer.

-Removed XP dropped from all sources other than mobs.

Enjoy! :)

-------------

If you'd like to say thanks for this release and help contribute to the further development of Better Than Wolves, please consider making a donation:

Azdoine

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.33)

Post by Azdoine »

*Squeee!*

Thanks, FC :)
BrainNoMore

Post by BrainNoMore »

I was just thinking how it is too easy to collect exp, love U removed it :D
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

Flowerchild, another update, yay! *wiggles* thank you!

+1 on the XP nerf and glue/slimeball recipe change.
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Nice job! I love the removal off extraneous xp. It was really starting to bug me, as with everything that has helped MC to become just a 'homogenous gruel' as you say. Also, I approve of the glue/slime nerf. It had become WAY too easy to get that stuff. As always, your hard work is appreciated!
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
PureZaros

Post by PureZaros »

Cool! Glue/slimeball change is awesome. That's always seemed odd to me. XP changes are welcome, too. Stop making the game so easy, Mojang!
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:
Panda wrote:Edit: Thanks for the sticky good sir. <3
I really wish more women said things like this.
Six

Post by Six »

Awesome, I am in full support of the glue/slimeball change. Makes even more sense now that slimes aren't a bugger to find to set up a farm if you want a bunch of sticky pistons. And thanks once again for not ripping maps out entirely, I hope the upkeep on that one isn't too much of a hassle.
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

Ditto on keeping the maps in, just diminished.

With Hardcore Spawn turned on in my SSP world I actually enjoy cartography in Minecraft now.
wizardglick

Post by wizardglick »

Okay, _really_ time to go down and find some Blaze-things to gank....

EDIT: Oh my, where are my manners? Thank you very much FC, for all your work on the mod!
Last edited by wizardglick on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PatriotBob

Post by PatriotBob »

GOOD GOD MAN!

DO YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE?

Keep it up! :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

PatriotBob wrote: DO YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE?
Errr...not much, no :)
danielngtiger

Post by danielngtiger »

More high effenciency recipes are good, and bugfixes, BTW and vanilla, are a subtle but important part of Better than Wolves. Thanks for making an awesome mod FC!
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

FlowerChild wrote:converts gold bars into gold nuggets
I thought it was the opposite?
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

jorgebonafe wrote: I thought it was the opposite?
It is :)

Try it, you'll see what I mean. That was a tough one to describe ;)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

AAAh! Ok, now that I think about this for a second I get it.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Thordan Ssoa

Post by Thordan Ssoa »

FlowerChild wrote:
jorgebonafe wrote: I thought it was the opposite?
It is :)

Try it, you'll see what I mean. That was a tough one to describe ;)
Yeah, I knew exactly what you meant because I had that happen to me just yesterday. Thank you very much, little tweaks like this make a huge difference to us(I assume here I speak for most of the BtW community when I say that)
FlowerChild wrote:Never have I seen folks have this much fun with sheep without wearing a kilt.
FlowerChild wrote:you haven't seen a fight scene until you've seen one with horse schlongs swinging free
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thordan Ssoa wrote: Yeah, I knew exactly what you meant because I had that happen to me just yesterday. Thank you very much, little tweaks like this make a huge difference to us(I assume here I speak for most of the BtW community when I say that)
Hehe...cool. I'm glad someone knows what I meant there, because I knew as I wrote it that release note wouldn't make a whole lot of sense ;)
PatriotBob

Post by PatriotBob »

Just found the post about the 10th...

Not sure if this is it... or I should eagerly await even more...

So torn... You probably planned this...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

May as well say it here :)

The 10th release will likely (actually, almost certainly) not actually happen on the 10th.

I am in the unfortunate situation right now of feeling obliged to fix all the 1.4 related content before moving onto new stuff. The release in question will still happen as I have some plans for it that I'm really looking forward to implementing, but now is just not the right time for it.

I suspect I still have another 2 releases or so to go before I'm "done" with 1.4. Tomorrow I'll likely tackle nether-animals, as that will at least be some fun, as I'm getting pretty sick of just working on Mojang's stuff instead of my own.
SageEthereal

Post by SageEthereal »

FlowerChild wrote:The 10th release will likely (actually, almost certainly) not actually happen on the 10th.
Make it a tradition, and add 5 days each year? ;)

Anyway, looking forward to you fixing more of Minecraft. Thanks for your hard work!
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

FlowerChild wrote: -Changed (refactored) several parts of the mod code to reduce the number of base-classes the mod changes.
Future updates being less tedious for you and some added compatibility as a bonus, that's always nice.
FlowerChild wrote: -Changed Glue and slime balls [...]
As someone who recently built a base in a swamp biome, I completely agree with this change. The stuff is so common now, I have more of it than freaking gravel. >.>
FlowerChild wrote: -Removed XP dropped from all sources other than mobs.
Special thanks for this one. I was getting pissed at how everything was giving XP.
You mined some coal. -Level up!-
You smelted some cobblestone. -Level up!-
You scratched your ass. -Level up!-
Why don't you give me xp for walking while you're at it! Hum, anyway... Thanks for that and the other changes too.
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
Gdnite

Post by Gdnite »

Remember remember the tenth of November,
Flowerchild, jarheads, and fear
The promise was made, for the annual bang
Shortly the truth will clear

(Jarheads is in there because November 10th is the birthday of the USMC)

(Also this was a pain to write because the original poem was written in free verse and does not follow a rhythm or meter)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

logorouge wrote:Why don't you give me xp for walking while you're at it! Hum, anyway... Thanks for that and the other changes too.
SHHHHH!!!!! Don't say stuff like that or Mojang will add it, and then I'll have to rip it out! :)

Seriously though, it wouldn't frigging surprise me at this stage.
Panda

Post by Panda »

very nice release man, lets home majang doesn't give exp for walking! Or better yet let you enchant animals to give them the ability to explode when supplied redstone current.
Never say no to Panda.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

FlowerChild wrote:SHHHHH!!!!! Don't say stuff like that or Mojang will add it, and then I'll have to rip it out! :)

Seriously though, it wouldn't frigging surprise me at this stage.
Of course they won't add exp for walking, that's just silly. No, someone will tweet them complaining about why exp for jumping was removed back in 1.9pre, and that will be added back in obviously.

Great new release though :) Definitely in support of the slimeball change, though I still think there's more to that sentient goo than meets the eye.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.