New Release! (BTW V4.15)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (BTW V4.15)

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 4.15 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

This release contains the following changes:

-Added the ability for the Bellows to blow items of different "weights" different distances. This should open up item filtration possibilities that weren't present in the past.

-Added a concept of undertow to Hardcore Buoy to prevent items from floating upwards in downward flowing water.

-Added internal hooks so that add-on authors can assign which of their custom items can be blown by the Bellows, and how far.

-Changed (tweaked) several aspects of the way items behave in water with Hardcore Buoy enabled to create a more refined experience where they act in a way that feels much more natural.

-Changed the way Screw Pumps work to prevent several possible exploits.

-Fixed problem with bows and glass bottles not floating properly in Hardcore Buoy.

-Fixed problem with items sometimes getting stuck on Saws in water flow with Hardcore Buoy enabled.

-Fixed problem with stone Siding and Corners floating in Hardcore Buoy.

-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging and fucking headache-inducing vanilla problem with fucking zombie sieges spawning even when fucking zombies shouldn't be able to fucking spawn somewhere (like in fucking lit up areas) because I just couldn't fucking take it anymore. BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.

Enjoy! :)

-------------

If you'd like to say thanks for this release and help contribute to the further development of Better Than Wolves, please consider making a donation:

morvelaira

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.15)

Post by morvelaira »

*stares in awe*
FlowerChild wrote:-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging and fucking headache-inducing vanilla problem with fucking zombie sieges spawning even when fucking zombies shouldn't be able to fucking spawn somewhere (like in fucking lit up areas) because I just couldn't fucking take it anymore. BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
*SQUEEE!!!!!!*
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

WOOOOOOOOOT!
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Awesome! Thanks FC!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Just a very small one this time, mainly to cover the changes to Hardcore Buoy to prevent messing with people's builds later. It's in a state now where I'm quite happy with it.

The zombie siege thing was actually because I was testing various aspects of this release in the vicinity of my village, and at one point went bonkers due to the zombie sieges that kept happening nearby. I finally snapped and dropped what I was doing to make the endless banging stop.

Hence my rather vocal release note on the topic ;)
Ethazeriel

Post by Ethazeriel »

FlowerChild wrote:Version 4.15 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!
WOOT! :)

FlowerChild wrote:-Added the ability for the Bellows to blow items of different "weights" different distances. This should open up item filtration possibilities that weren't present in the past.
Cool. I'm loving the additions to item sorting in these last few releases.
FlowerChild wrote:-Added a concept of undertow to Hardcore Buoy to prevent items from floating upwards in downward flowing water.
Yup, this felt a little wrong to begin with. More polish is good.
FlowerChild wrote:-Added internal hooks so that add-on authors can assign which of their custom items can be blown by the Bellows, and how far.
More stuff for add-ons, awesome.
FlowerChild wrote:-Changed (tweaked) several aspects of the way items behave in water with Hardcore Buoy enabled to create a more refined experience where they act in a way that feels much more natural.
Yay, polishing and refining! :)
FlowerChild wrote:-Changed the way Screw Pumps work to prevent several possible exploits.

-Fixed problem with bows and glass bottles not floating properly in Hardcore Buoy.

-Fixed problem with items sometimes getting stuck on Saws in water flow with Hardcore Buoy enabled.

-Fixed problem with stone Siding and Corners floating in Hardcore Buoy.
Dedicated to fixing the little things as always.
FlowerChild wrote:-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging and fucking headache-inducing vanilla problem with fucking zombie sieges spawning even when fucking zombies shouldn't be able to fucking spawn somewhere (like in fucking lit up areas) because I just couldn't fucking take it anymore. BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
<3
Now I don't have to worry about my perfectly lit up village self destructing at random! WOOT!

Thanks for all your hard work man.
redrew89

Post by redrew89 »

I so wanted to sig this, but it wouldn't fit. :<

Otherwise, this looks like a great update! Not that I expected otherwise. :D
FlowerChild wrote:Happiness is a warm and moist tentacle.
FlowerChild wrote:I just want to be loved.
Havok wrote: I'm so fucking psyched I could punch a kitten into the troposphere
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Yay! I can hear the peaceful calming ghast screams uninterrupted by the incessant pounding! :) I love the update and tweaks!
Dwarg91

Post by Dwarg91 »

I'm glad that I decided to do a complete restructuring of my base and it's water flows now that Hard Core Bouy's had some tweaks. Now all that I need to do is test to see how different things interact with water now.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

wow. Update frenzy! Yet another level of sorting with the bellows is going to make some people verrry happy.

I do look forward to the more refined buoy experience. Although...it was already pretty damned refined if you ask me. I'm kinda worried now that I'll not be upper-class enough to use hardcore buoy, and the floating items will shun me :(
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Okay, this is actually pretty dang cool:
Spoiler
Show
Neutral buoyancy FTW!
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

darahalian wrote:Okay, this is actually pretty dang cool:
Hehe...yeah, I've been having a lot of fun doing that with slime balls :)

Of course, this means even more woe if you happen to drown somewhere between the surface and bottom of a large body of water ;)
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

Hah... now that was an interesting little puzzle. For some reason the zombie-meat was going into the hopper right after a single-block drop in the waterstream, despite being a floating item. Turns out the undertow still had them deep enough in the flow that the hopper could pick them up.

Long story short: sorting shit just got serious :P
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Graphite wrote: Long story short: sorting shit just got serious :P
Hehe...indeed it did. A long drop will do something similar, which can result in a normally floating item hitting the bottom before you might expect it to. Items are much more "bouncy" this way now, so it's not as simple as "first x blocks for sinking items, next x for floating", with that always being universally applicable.

I actually simplified the equations involved greatly from the last version, but buoyancy and gravity basically act as opposing forces now.
gazelutza

Post by gazelutza »

love u FlowerChild u are the best :X u change to mc in a better game :D
IowaGuy

Post by IowaGuy »

Now I can enable hard mode without everyone's doors getting knocked down when they go mining under their house!

WOOT!

Hard mode engaged!
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

Yay. Ty Flowerchild.
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Thanks for the update! I can now stay near villages in peace and quiet.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Great update, FC, I absolutely love Hardcore Buoy, and the refinements make me love it more!

I laughed so hard, man ... A mixture of relief, sympathy, empathy, and joy, and it came out in snorts of laughter. My hall-mates in accommodation probably think I have a pet pig in my room ...

Thanks as always, FC (:
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Was it intentional that Bellows not push items on top of trapdoors now?
Spoiler
Show
It's the crux of my sorting system and while gunpowder/string/arrows got pushed by this yesterday, they don't after upgrading (I don't run any other mods also).

There are alternatives of course but since this wasn't in the release notes I thought I'd point it out here.
Minecraftgeek70

Post by Minecraftgeek70 »

FlowerChild wrote:Fixed fucking annoying door-banging and fucking headache-inducing vanilla problem with fucking zombie sieges spawning even when fucking zombies shouldn't be able to fucking spawn somewhere (like in fucking lit up areas) because I just couldn't fucking take it anymore. BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
I am not prone to random act's of Squeeage.. but.. just this once, I'll drop my refined mature exterior and do the whole SQUEEE!! thing.. I'll even throw in a Wallace and Gromit style fist thump of joy !!

Normal cantankerous and curmudgeonly service will resume after this post.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

God man, this update is a gem. Should've been numbered 4.20.

I feel nothing for this update, but a
Spoiler
Show
xou816

Post by xou816 »

Thanks for the update, Flowerchild!
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

Thanks for another awesome update Flowerchild. :)
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
LaserCooled

Post by LaserCooled »

Thanks FC! I'm digging the new undertoe. This makes things so much easier for me, especially in my auto wheat farm.