New Release! (BTW V3.95)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (BTW V3.95)

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 3.95 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

-Added Hardcore Chickens.

-Added Dog Food as a new item.

-Changed mutant sheep to provide a more interesting gameplay experience. They're much more refined little mutants now.

-Changed Glue so that it can only be produced out of leather, and leather-based goods (leather armor, saddles, etc.).

-Fixed problem with several mod blocks not rotating properly on the Turntable.

-Removed option to disable Hardcore Sheep. It's just the way the mod works.

-Removed the ability of wolves to consume rotten flesh.

-------------

If you'd like to say thanks for this release and help contribute to the further development of Better Than Wolves, please consider making a donation:

Elensaar

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.95)

Post by Elensaar »

Oh my... Thanks man! You are outpacing my ability to try out the new features, at the moment. :)
Lots of planets have a north...!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Elensaar wrote:Oh my... Thanks man! You are outpacing my ability to try out the new features, at the moment. :)
Well, if it helps any, think of it as just one big release that's been split up over several days so I can keep on top of the 1.3 related bugs as they're discovered ;)

There's a LOT of new people trying the mod right now, so I want to make sure it's as stable and reliable as it normally is :)
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

FlowerChild wrote: -Added Hardcore Chickens.
Going a little overboard, no?
FlowerChild wrote:-Added Dog Food as a new item.
No recipe hint. ;)
FlowerChild wrote:-Changed Glue so that it can only be produced out of leather, and leather-based goods (leather armor, saddles, etc.).
Forcing the building of automatic cow farms now. Nice. :)
FlowerChild wrote:-Removed option to disable Hardcore Sheep. It's just the way the mod works.
This I like. It is a really fun, interesting, and unique aspect to the mod. Plus it makes you have a reason behind that "HOLY SHIT I JUST FOUND A PINK SHEEP" feeling.

And FC, you have now released a version everyday for the last 4 days. Not saying I don't love it, but for you own good man, take a break, rest your eyes. :)
Peter_364

Post by Peter_364 »

Thanks so much for all your hard work FC and i love your ideas for hardcore animals. :]
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Omg. Squee. Flop. Hardcore Chickens? Are Cows and Pigs next? :D

Though... I'm starting to wonder at what attributes Chickens might have to toy with. Knowing you it's not genetic at all and you just want us to think it is after a day of speculating about sheep! *tinfoil hat*

That bug list is getting smaller dear... five for five? It's getting the the point where I have enough material to do a video I think, but I don't want to give too much about the features away, and also want to wait for you to stabilize ;)
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

Jesus FC, you've been a machine this update round! Thanks so much for your hard work!

I knew rotten flesh as puppy chow wouldn't last forever; it was way too easy to keep dogs fed with it with a mob trap. Ah well, guess now I'm off to make a real animal farm!
Elensaar

Post by Elensaar »

FlowerChild wrote:Well, if it helps any, think of it as just one big release that's been split up over several days so I can keep on top of the 1.3 related bugs as they're discovered ;)

There's a LOT of new people trying the mod right now, so I want to make sure it's as stable and reliable as it normally is :)
Oh, it was in no way meant as a complaint, I trust you know when to stop so you don't get overworked. I'm impressed by the hard work you put in to, and the dedication you have for, this mod is all. My hat is off to you, good sir. And that actually means something, since I usually do wear a hat. ;)
Lots of planets have a north...!
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

ooh! hardcore chickens. There was a mention of this awhile back. awesome!

Thanks FC! you rock!
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
Ethazeriel

Post by Ethazeriel »

Holy shit dude, 4 for 4. I am impressed, but make sure you take the time to sleep man.

At first look I am a little sad about the loss of the ability to fuel shit farms automatically, but upon further thought the previous method does seem a little too easy. I don't currently have the ability to play with this release to learn how the new dog food works, but I have confidence that it will be both automatable and more complex than the previous system.

...And hardcore chickens, awesome.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

destineternel wrote:ooh! hardcore chickens. There was a mention of this awhile back. awesome!
Hehe...yeah, the idea has evolved quite a bit since then into something of an extensive chicken overhaul, but you're on the right track ;)
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Thank you. Again.

I feel like I'm abusing my .jar, "BTW updated again, take it! Take it now! Not enough? Have some more! Take it and like it!"

I have a funny feeling about these chickens.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
DIG_down

Post by DIG_down »

Very nice work keeping on top of the bug report hurricane.
It seems like lately much of my available play time is spent updating. :) Hopefully I can find time to test out some of these fancy features.
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:-Added Hardcore Chickens.
I'll bet this is included in there somewhere. Although i'm sure there's plenty extra hidden too.

I'll comment on the glue change later when I can properly articulate my thoughts.
FlowerChild wrote:
Sarudak wrote:Not to mention he posted an idea in the stop posting ideas thread right after he came back from a ban for posting ideas....
+1
Flesh_Engine

Post by Flesh_Engine »

Pretty cool :)
"An engine of flesh can do that..." // "Man feed Machine. Machine feed Man..."
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

Damn thats nice. Man, your hitting records of updates made per few days :D gosh in less then one week 4 updates :O
DIG_down wrote:
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:-Added Hardcore Chickens.
I'll bet this is included in there somewhere. Although i'm sure there's plenty extra hidden too.
Ya thats really posible. I guess you hit the bulls eye.
jakerman999

Post by jakerman999 »

Should I even bother installing this? I've logged maybe 45 minutes of 3.94, how soon is 3.96 going to hit me over the head?
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

What? Not even a state hint on how we're s supposed to bed limping unichickens?
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

4 updates, 4 days, 1 man.

How do you sleep? using a Time-Turner?
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Imightbereal

Post by Imightbereal »

My god, these releases are coming out like the machine gun dung of that guys dog in the tech forum. You sir are amazing
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

jakerman999 wrote:Should I even bother installing this? I've logged maybe 45 minutes of 3.94, how soon is 3.96 going to hit me over the head?
If you plan to play in the next 24 hours, there is no harm in installing it. If you aren't going to play in the next 24 hours, you mine as well wait for the next update :P Not saying there will be another tomorrow, of course, but you never know.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
odranoel

Post by odranoel »

awesome work FC, your seriously on fire at this point man. stunned O.O

And for those wondering, here is what FC said he wanted to do with chickens, which so far seems to be the case.

EDIT: to add to spoiler
Spoiler
Show
when a chicken egg is now thrown, it will either create a baby chicken as normal or if it does not create a chicken, it will drop a raw egg. raw eggs can then be cooked into poached eggs in the stewing pot. hard boiled eggs have been completely replaced with poached eggs.

it seems like a simple enough change but this will force a lot of new automation requirements, as raw eggs now have to be filtered from the baby chickens born from eggs. Also makes edible eggs slightly more difficult to mass produce

if there are other changes besides these i haven't found them yet, but iv only been playing for like 45 mins xD

EDIT: ooo seems like theres two versions of eggs now. in the stewing pot raw eggs make poached eggs, but if cooked in the furnace they will make fried eggs, nice! however they both heal two hunger bars

EDIT 2: chickens now have to be feed seeds in order to lay eggs, both hemp and wheat seeds seem to work. they will also follow you when you hold it just like with wheat. thanks to Calcifire3691 for discovering this
Last edited by odranoel on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

by the screaming maw of azathoth FC, you're a machine :P
FlowerChild wrote:
destineternel wrote:ooh! hardcore chickens. There was a mention of this awhile back. awesome!
Hehe...yeah, the idea has evolved quite a bit since then into something of an extensive chicken overhaul, but you're on the right track ;)
I'm guessing that they'll only lay when fed seeds then (and possibly become limping unichickens if born in the nether) :P
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Dude, you're a machine, thanks again :)
Hardcore chicken now ? That sounds fun :p
But :
FlowerChild wrote:-Removed the ability of wolves to consume rotten flesh.
Nooooooooooooooooooooo .... Why ?!
Including a dung farm in our mobtrap was so cool. Now it's useless.
I don't want to make Dog food, I'm not Raust, I want to feed them rotten stuff ...
Who are you and what have you done to my friend ?
odranoel

Post by odranoel »

Calcifire3691 wrote: I'm guessing that they'll only lay when fed seeds then (and possibly become limping unichickens if born in the nether) :P
hmm about that.

Spoiler
Show
damn dude good job, your right! chickens wont lay eggs now unless they are feed seeds. finally, A USE FOR SEEDS!

no limping unis in the nether tho :(
also has anyone figured out how to make dog food yet? don't forget to spoiler it if you do!
eternalankh

Post by eternalankh »

Battosay wrote: Nooooooooooooooooooooo .... Why ?!
Including a dung farm in our mobtrap was so cool. Now it's useless.
I don't want to make Dog food, I'm not Raust, I want to feed them rotten stuff ...
Who are you and what have you done to my friend ?
Spoiler Deleted, and user warned for Rule #1 violation. -Flower

EDIT:
odranoel wrote: also has anyone figured out how to make dog food yet? don't forget to spoiler it if you do!
Oh, are we allowed to do that? EDIT: Guess not. :D
Last edited by eternalankh on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.