New Release! (BTW V3.72)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (BTW V3.72)

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 3.72 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

This release contains the following changes:

-Added the ability to farm mossy and cracked stone brick. Mossy is formed by letting water drip through regular stone brick. Cracked is formed through
doing the same with lava (Thanks to Gilberreke for this idea!).

-Added functionality to the Crucible to destroy all flammable blocks (those that can normally be consumed by fire) as well as an assortment of items that
feel like they should probably be incinerated in a vat of molten metal. Note that this can actually be rather useful in say getting rid of bows that are
dropping from mobs and otherwise jamming up your Crucibles.

-Changed Spiders to drop spider eyes regardless of whether they are killed by the player. These aren't technically a rare drop, so my previous changes to
drop rare regardless of damage source weren't effective on them.

-Changed the way Turntables process updates to hopefully correct some block-duplication bugs that were occurring with blocks attached to their rotated
column.

-Fixed problem with the growth rate of baby cows being affected by them being turned into mooshrooms due to standing on mycelium.

-Fixed problem that would allow you to speed through shallow water while wearing Plate Armor by sprinting and jumping.

Enjoy! :)

-------------

If you'd like to say thanks for this release and help contribute to the further development of Better Than Wolves, please consider making a donation:

Panda

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.72)

Post by Panda »

Awesome patch!

P.s. Thread virginity taken
Never say no to Panda.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Thanks for the new release as always FC :) But I just have one thing I want to thank you for even more.
FlowerChild wrote: -Added the ability to farm mossy and cracked stone brick. Mossy is formed by letting water drip through regular stone brick. Cracked is formed through doing the same with lava (Thanks to Gilberreke for this idea!).
This. I like this a lot. I always like how without downloading it, I am already processing how to automate it.

EDIT: Damn it Panda. This one was mine. I thought we a deal. ;)
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

*squee* Mossy Stone Brick!

I know this is basically an aesthetic thing, but it's little things like this that really just /make/ the mod for me. The technical achievements are awesome, and the things you can do are really the meat, but this is the finishing touches that make it more like a game than a mod to me :)
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

FlowerChild wrote: -Added the ability to farm mossy and cracked stone brick. Mossy is formed by letting water drip through regular stone brick. Cracked is formed through
doing the same with lava (Thanks to Gilberreke for this idea!).
[Insert appropriate celebration in allcaps here]
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
haphazardnuke

Post by haphazardnuke »

Ooh, new ways to get the brick types. I'm already thinking about how I would automate that.
...that being said, I'm having a bit of trouble. Minecraft starts just fine, but whenever I try to create or load a world, it blackscreens before it can even show the loading bar.

EDIT: I derped. No tech support required. Now, back to better than vanilla.
Last edited by haphazardnuke on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
PizzaSHARK wrote:It's fun trying to quietly assassinate your kids and family members
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

haphazardnuke wrote:Ooh, new ways to get the brick types. I'm already thinking about how I would automate that.
...that being said, I'm having a bit of trouble. Minecraft starts just fine, but whenever I try to create or load a world, it blackscreens before it can even show the loading bar.
Anyone else running it fine? If so, off to tech support you go.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

FlowerChild wrote:
haphazardnuke wrote:Ooh, new ways to get the brick types. I'm already thinking about how I would automate that.
To Tech support! I just made a new world fine, and loaded up my LP world with 3.72.... I've also decided, update video will be made <3
Ethazeriel

Post by Ethazeriel »

FlowerChild wrote:
haphazardnuke in IRC wrote:...massive fail. I forgot to install Modloader. I'm so used to having it in there already that I forgot I had force-updated. -_-
Well, there's that problem solved. Thanks for the new release, and I'm off to automate mossy brick!
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

The method for farming the mossy and cracked brick is fantastic, I quite like it. It's simple, elegant and will be interesting to automate.
Andellmere

Post by Andellmere »

I don't know if this is just me (I don't think it is) but I discovered something odd about the new brick conversions. Putting it in spoilers in case it was an intentional feature to be discovered.
Spoiler
Show
BUDdy blocks don't pick up the change from regular stone bricks to mossy/cracked. I was in Creative mode but the BUDdy's do work, which is the first thing I tested, so other than some weird black magic... I dunno. Going to test in Survival right now so I can give an accurate bug report if this is, in fact, a bug.
Need a combination door? I've got one you can use.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Andellmere wrote:I don't know if this is just me (I don't think it is) but I discovered something odd about the new brick conversions. Putting it in spoilers in case it was an intentional feature to be discovered.
Doh. That was a total fuck up on my part, as that's supposed to be the primary method of automating it.

Sigh.
Andellmere

Post by Andellmere »

FlowerChild wrote:
Andellmere wrote:I don't know if this is just me (I don't think it is) but I discovered something odd about the new brick conversions. Putting it in spoilers in case it was an intentional feature to be discovered.
Doh. That was a total fuck up on my part, as that's supposed to be the primary method of automating it.

Sigh.
Confirmed in Survival (On my minecraft anyway).
Shall I submit a bug report, or will the notification here do?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Andellmere wrote: Confirmed in Survival (On my minecraft anyway).
No need. It's a 2 second fix which I'll do right now, but will require me to put out another release to resolve it for people.
Andellmere

Post by Andellmere »

FlowerChild wrote:
Andellmere wrote: Confirmed in Survival (On my minecraft anyway).
No need. It's a 2 second fix which I'll do right now, but will require me to put out another release to resolve it for people.
Good to know this didn't cause too much work for you when I noticed this. I know I didn't say it in the first post, but Thank you very much for both this release and your quick response to my comment. Good to know that you're so on top of these things.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Andellmere wrote:Good to know this didn't cause too much work for you when I noticed this.
Well, it is a lot of work in terms of putting out a new release, but that's in no way your fault. Thanks for pointing it out :)
Andellmere

Post by Andellmere »

FlowerChild wrote: Well, it is a lot of work in terms of putting out a new release, but that's in no way your fault. Thanks for pointing it out :)
Not a problem and always happy to help. If it weren't for a near obsessive need to learn the automation of new things so I don't feel so left behind by the rest of the community you built up here...
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Hooray! Thanks for the update FC!
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ok guys, I'm in no shape to put together and test a new release to cover the above problem tonight, but I did put together this small patch so that you guys can get Buddy working with stone bricks.

I doubt the MCF crowd will even notice this problem anyways ;)

Download Link

Copy the single file in that .zip into your minecraft.jar and everything should work fine.

NOTE: THIS PATCH IS NO LONGER NEEDED WITH THE LATEST DOWNLOAD LINK IN THE OP!

I've modified the download to contained the patch pre-installed.
Andellmere

Post by Andellmere »

FlowerChild wrote:Ok guys, I'm in no shape to put together and test a new release to cover the above problem tonight, but I did put together this small patch so that you guys can get Buddy working with stone bricks.

Download Link

Copy the single file in that .zip into your minecraft.jar and everything should work fine.
I can confirm it works now. Hope you have a good rest, Flower. You deserve it.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Confirmed as well. :)
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

FlowerChild wrote:Version 3.72 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

-Fixed problem that would allow you to speed through shallow water while wearing Plate Armor by sprinting and jumping.

Enjoy! :)
Excellent. This was bugging me as it seemed to be going completely against your intentions.

Still trying to convert some cash into something paypal can accept without a bank account. If anyone has tips that don't involve a hefty surcharge, please let me know.
Better is the enemy of Good
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Yeah ! New farming :)
I love how even your small additions, mainly here because they're quick to do, and to give some content to a Bugfixe upadate, gives us much more playtime than a Mojang update ;)
Thanks man :)
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

FlowerChild wrote:Ok guys, I'm in no shape to put together and test a new release to cover the above problem tonight, but I did put together this small patch so that you guys can get Buddy working with stone bricks.

Download Link

Didn't catch this release last night, did you just slip this into the files in the OP, or are OP files and this patch required for this particular feature?

Thanks for the update! I'm going to be spending all day thinking about ways to automate it. :D
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Mason11987 wrote:Didn't catch this release last night, did you just slip this into the files in the OP, or are OP files and this patch required for this particular feature?
Yeah, both needed.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.