New Release! (BTW V3.60)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (BTW V3.60)

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 3.60 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

This is a very special release of Better Than Wolves in appreciation of the many of you within the community that made donations over the past week. I decided to take a little break from working on the "Anniversary Release" as I figured this was the best way I could say thank you to all of you. Much appreciation and gratitude all round :)

This release contains the following changes:

-Added the ability to "tip" Stewing Pots and Crucibles by applying mechanical power to them.

-Added ability for the Bellows to blow light items that are in front of it.

-Added ability to have villagers follow you if you're holding a diamond.

-Added ability for cows to mutate into moosrooms with time if they are standing on mycelium. This should largely remove
the annoyance of transporting mooshrooms over long distances once you find a mushroom biome.

-Added ability for mushrooms planted on mycilium to grow into giant mushrooms with time. This opens the door to the
creation of giant mushroom farms.

-Added recipe to convert 4 Nether Sludge into a clay block. Note that this applies to "clumping" with the Block
Dispenser as well. I'll be adding a separate Nether Sludge block once the extended block IDs become available, but in
the meantime this will allow players to make Pottery out of Nether Sludge without consuming an additional block ID.

-Added a new type of Planter made with grass. Flowers and Tall Grass will naturally sprout from these planters with
time, and Planters filled with dirt will no longer sprout flowers in this manner (to help with various automation
systems involving Planters). Also, grass in these Planters will spread to neighboring dirt blocks with time, so these
new Planters serve as a convenient method of transporting grass from location to location without relying on a silk touch
enchantment or Block Dispenser.

-Changed the Detector Block so that it won't "see" blocks lifted by platforms while they are in motion. This actually
has some extremely handy uses, and in practice, feels more natural as well (since rails and redstone are very thin
vertically).

-Changed the particle effect produced by the Bellows so that the particles blow in the direction the Bellows is facing.

-Changed Rope so that it can only be climbed by the player (not monsters or animals, except for spiders obviously). This
is both because it makes sense and gives a unique purpose to using Ropes in base construction, but also because it
removes the need for the mod to modify EntityLiving.class, which increases compatibility with Optifine.

-Changed the texture for Foul Food so that it is more visually distinct.

-Changed rendering of Platforms and their associated blocks (anchors, ropes, lifted blocks, etc.) while in motion so that
there is less of a visible transition between the moving and non-moving states due to lighting.

-Changed the lighting on the Wind Mill so that it looks better relative to the environment, and doesn't appear so dark at
night.

-Changed the visuals on the Stewing Pot to more closely resemble the Crucible. Looks cooler overall :)

-Changed the way the Mill Stone ejects items, so that they'll always fly outwards from the Mill Stone. No more items
landing on top and other weirdness :)

-Fixed problem with Block Dispenser picking up a dry shrub when attempting to pick up tall grass.

Enjoy! :)

-------------

If you'd like to say thanks (or thanks for thanks in this case ;) ) for this release and help contribute to the further development of Better Than Wolves, please consider making a donation:

Ulfengaard

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.60)

Post by Ulfengaard »

Epic. Thank you so much!!!!
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
Elensaar

Post by Elensaar »

Thanks! :)
Lots of planets have a north...!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Elensaar wrote:Thanks! :)
No, no, thank you :)
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

FC, is it off-putting if I say I love you? Fuck it, I love you. :P
Thalmane

Post by Thalmane »

Awesome!! This will be very fun to play with. Now... If only my dog hadn't eaten the end of my Internet cord :(
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

awesome! Thank you FC for the update. =)
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thalmane wrote:Awesome!! This will be very fun to play with. Now... If only my dog hadn't eaten the end of my Internet cord :(
Time to introduce your dog to BTW:
Spoiler
Show
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

Oh suffering asshole of Christ! I saw this right before I going to sleep, need to wake up at 5:30 tomorrow to draw before work. Shit. Can't wait til I get home, that is a hefty amount of changes, many I am very excited about ... the tipping stewing pot kind of came out of left field for me and I'm trying to put together some uses for it, sounds really great.

Thanks for your great work man. :) Can't wait til I get home tomorrow to try something out.
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Awesome changes man! The diamond thing... OOOH BOY. I can tell where this is going :)
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
Starshifterxen

Post by Starshifterxen »

Wow! Brilliant :)

And this is the "Small" update?

Thank you so much.
PsyJester

Post by PsyJester »

Thank you.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

<3
Tipping cauldrons and crucibles... Awesome :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

orangeweaver wrote: ... the tipping stewing pot kind of came out of left field for me and I'm trying to put together some uses for it, sounds really great.
Please allow me to introduce you to my new wool processing plant:
Spoiler
Show
The Cauldron, which is fed string by my mob trap, periodically tips over, dumping its contents into a water flow. Wool blocks continue on to a storage system. String is directed towards the item elevator, which feeds it back into the Cauldron.

Fully automated, totally lossless wooly goodness ;)
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

FlowerChild wrote:Please allow me to introduce you to my new wool processing plant:
Spoiler
Show
The Cauldron, which is fed string by my mob trap, periodically tips over, dumping its contents into a water flow. Wool blocks continue on to a storage system. String is directed towards the item elevator, which feeds it back into the Cauldron.

Fully automated, totally lossless wooly goodness ;)
Well I was going to go to sleep, but now I've got to start experimenting! :D
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Renewable clay!!!! Now I can finally consider playing a biospheres map.......
Dry Paratroopa

Post by Dry Paratroopa »

My favorite part is the Foul Food texture change for some reason. It's all awesome, and I'll call the future Nether Sludge block Nether Clay until it's released with an official name.
Both the Colosseum of the past and the Hunger Games of the (supposed) future stem from the fact that life is simply a competition to see who can live the longest.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

*squee squee squee squee*

I hereby give you a transcript of me reading the OP:

Oh! He updated! Yay! I didn't expect this until a day or two from now. *reads a bit* Aww, he's so nice to make something special for us. *reads a bit more* Added ability to tip Stewing Pots and Crucibles? OH FUCK YES!

Thank you, this has been a rendition of Morvypiece Theatre. <3
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
VitaFrench

Post by VitaFrench »

I love the ability to tip the Cauldron. Thanks for all your hard work man!
8bitBob

Post by 8bitBob »

Oh, whoa. Was not expecting the Pot/Crucible tipping mechanic, yet it's pretty much exactly what I've been wanting for a while. So simple and yet adds so much to the mod.

Thanks, FC!
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Awesome! This should be fun to play with, and hopefully enough to keep me busy until the Big Release comes out!

I remember all the suggestions for tipping over the cauldron and crucible... hehe... This is definitely cheaper than using a BD
Well, anyways, time for experimentation. I need to see if this makes items fall straight down like from a hopper as opposed to the burst of items from using a BD to empty them... and compare this to the similar hopper functionality, and..... so many ideas....
This, and the bellows... So many fun features to play around with! :)

EDIT: Man, the cauldron looks so cool now... (yes, I still call it a cauldron)
Last edited by darahalian on Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Hockeycanucks

Post by Hockeycanucks »

I was just thinking what else could be added that would surprise me. Where do you get your ideas from?
Starshifterxen

Post by Starshifterxen »

Waterless, bellows based soul urn production:
Spoiler
Show
I think the word is: "Yay" :)

Edit: Been playing with the new planter too. Very cool change and I think i've found my new flooring, but with this statement:
FlowerChild wrote:...new Planters serve as a convenient method of transporting grass from location to location without relying on a silk touch
enchantment or Block Dispenser.
How do I get the grass in the first place? Am I missing something?

Also just wanted to say I am loving the new update so far. I have so many ideas! :D
Last edited by Starshifterxen on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

Oh man, I just finished a paper that's due tomorrow that I should've done three weeks ago. This makes an awesome reward for finally getting it done! Thanks for the update, FC!
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

:O

So many awesome changes...
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.