New Release! (BTW V3.492)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (BTW V3.492)

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 3.492 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

This release contains the following changes:

-Added the ability to enchant Composite Bows. Note that the infinity enchantment will only provide you with an infinite supply of *regular* arrows, not Broadheads. It makes for a nice back-up though if you run out of Broadheads. Also, the requirement for an infinity bow to have a single arrow in your inventory to fire appears to be a bug in the MC code, rather than an intentional design-decision, so this requirement doesn't apply to the Composite Bow. In other words, if you run out of Broadhead Arrows with an infity bow, it will always continue to fire regular arrows as a back-up regardless of whether you have regular arrows in your inventory or not.

-Added "magical arrow" render for arrows fired from infinite bows to help distinguish them visually, and make it less confusing as to why the arrows can't be picked up again after firing.

-Added ability for Broadhead arrows to receive the enchantment of the firing bow (again, with the exception of infinity).

-Added ability to pick-up arrow entities (arrows fired from bows) in the Hopper. This applies to arrows regardless of their source (skeletons, dispensers...whatever), but not to the magic arrows described above that are fired from infinity bows.

-Added ability for Saws to harvest vines, just like shears.

-Added ability to cut fences into wood Corners with the Saw since you now tend to accumulate an excess of them while exploring mine-shafts.

-Added internal functionality for placing items with the Block Dispenser, both to act as an interface in the upcoming API, and to allow for placing BuildCraft Pipes in Better Then BuildCraft.

-Changed zombie pig-men and magma cube spawning so that they may only spawn on netherrack or netherbrick. This allows the player to create bases in the nether that won't become occasionally infested with pig-men. There's a config file setting to disable these changes if you desire.

-Changed the way the Hopper processes collisions with items internally, which should result in a slight increase to performance. This should have no apparent effect, but let me know if any problems arise.

-Changed the Grate recipe to use 4 sticks instead of 9.

-Changed Gear Boxes so that they may be rotated on the Turntable withou breaking any attached axles (to match functionality of rotating by hand).

-Fixed problem with being able to apply a Breeding Harness to an animal that's already wearing one.

-Fixed problem with sheep regrowing wool while wearing a breeding harness.

-Fixed problem with colored wool not being converted into Glue in the Cauldron.

-Fixed problem with Blood Leaves dropping apples.

-Fixed problem with mechanical power distribution if you manually rotate a Gear Box that is neigboring on an Axle that has a Wind Mill or Water Wheel on it.

-Fixed vanilla bug with requiring the player's inventory to contain arrows when the bow has an infinity enchantment, to match the functionality of the composite bow. See above for details.

Enjoy! :)
Gilberreke

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.492)

Post by Gilberreke »

Release party in Renevo's stream? :)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Aha! I knew a new release was on it's way! :)
Now, to spend hours and hours getting a composite bow with infinity and fire >:)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gilberreke wrote:Release party in Renevo's stream? :)
Hehe...yeah, I will likely pop by in a little bit :)
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Took me a while to read all these changes :)

Nice one. The arrows in hopper is interesting.
RenEvo

Post by RenEvo »

Grats, and running it :)
FlowerChild wrote:Version 3.49 of Better Than Wolves
-Added ability for villagers to toss the milk.
YouTube | Twitch
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

RenEvo wrote:Grats, and running it :)
Funny thing is, I was wondering what you paused and moved your mouse off screen to post. Tee hee. Livestreams are cool.
*livestream noob*
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gilberreke wrote:Took me a while to read all these changes :)

Nice one. The arrows in hopper is interesting.
I'm not sure it will be as useful as folks might first assume given the trajectory of arrows when the blocks they are stuck in are harvested.

Play around with it a bit, and you'll see what I mean. It's a real pain in the ass to get them to land in a hopper instead of just sticking in another block :)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Whoo, update ^.^

*makes grates*
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

:D Gotta love those bug fixing updates. FC you are my hero and have inspired me to recommence MC coding...
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

FlowerChild wrote:I'm not sure it will be as useful as folks might first assume given the trajectory of arrows when the blocks they are stuck in are harvested.

Play around with it a bit, and you'll see what I mean. It's a real pain in the ass to get them to land in a hopper instead of just sticking in another block :)
I know about the arrow mechanics. You can get better results by firing into an extend piston, then retracting it I think. Must test.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Deepsniper wrote::D Gotta love those bug fixing updates. FC you are my hero and have inspired me to recommence MC coding...
Hehe...cool stuff man. Glad to act as a source of inspiration, even if I prefer it to involve more questionable activities than coding :)
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

FlowerChild wrote:
Deepsniper wrote::D Gotta love those bug fixing updates. FC you are my hero and have inspired me to recommence MC coding...
Hehe...cool stuff man. Glad to act as a source of inspiration, even if I prefer it to involve more questionable activities than coding :)

Well those activities were done earlier today... Anyways good update I expect nothing less from you...
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

*invokes right of Prima Squee-ti*

Now, off to build a pigman spawner and roll around in mountains of golden nuggets...
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Thanks for the update as always FC! :)
I have been saving to enchant my composite bow.
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Excellent, looking forward to playing with the new tweaks, especially the nether base helper. And awesome avatar change Stormy.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

Still holding back from 3.5 ;)
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Husbag3 wrote:Still holding back from 3.5 ;)
I've got my hopes high ^^

FC, you're a very good modder when it comes to fixing bugs =D always on top of the bugs section!
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Fuck yeah, I'm gonna love this one just for that :

"-Changed zombie pig-men and magma cube spawning so that they may only spawn on netherrack or netherbrick. This allows the player to create bases in the nether that won't become occasionally infested with pig-men. There's a config file setting to disable these changes if you desire."

Oh and :
"-Added ability for Saws to harvest vines, just like shears."

Pretty cool too !

Thanks as usual man :)
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

Thanks for update ! :)
-Changed zombie pig-men and magma cube spawning so that they may only spawn on netherrack or netherbrick. This allows the player to create bases in the nether that won't become occasionally infested with pig-men. There's a config file setting to disable these changes if you desire.
Thank you, thank you, thank you !
FlowerChild wrote:I've made another decision... Fuck being a plug-in.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Definitely love the change to spawns in the nether. The best way to travel between distance locations in the overworld was always using a minecart system in the nether, but it always had the downside of the occasional pigman spawning on the rails and blocking the way.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

As usual :

:)
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

I think it's kind of funny that I found out about this release by seeing Battosay's update video on my youtube home page.

Anyways...

Amazing update! As always, of course! Even though this is primarily a bug fix and 1.1 functionality update, there is still a lot of cool stuff you've done, and the size of the list of bugs you've fixed is pretty impressive too!

I am slightly curious, though... What made you want to add the ability for hoppers to collect arrows? Was it just for fun, or do you have secret plans? ;) Also, are arrows the only entities it can collect? Or should we just figure that out on our own?
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Battosay wrote:As usual :
Thanks for putting that together man. I'm off to MCF to update the OP with it :)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

darahalian wrote:I am slightly curious, though... What made you want to add the ability for hoppers to collect arrows? Was it just for fun, or do you have secret plans? ;) Also, are arrows the only entities it can collect? Or should we just figure that out on our own?
Maybe from this thread, I'd guess...

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1664
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.