About Ideas

FlowerChild
Site Admin

About Ideas

Post by FlowerChild »

A note on ideas expressed on these forums due to recent events and the increasing number of add-ons appearing for the mod:

-If you express an idea on these forums, whether that be through a post or an add-on mod, I reserve the right, without notice, to include it in Better Than Wolves.

I have a great deal of respect for original and good ideas. However, given that this is a forum specifically for discussion of BTW, I can not allow myself to be blocked off from implementing those ideas that are discussed here, especially since they are often evolutions of ideas already present in the mod.

This is particularly important with regards to add-ons: if you create an add-on mod for BTW, it is with the understanding that I may incorporate ideas & functionality (not code...I will never take anyone else's code) from it into my mod at any time, effectively rendering your add-on partially or completely obsolete.

Add-ons have a tendency to build upon aspects already within the mod, and thus very well may be developed in directions that I intend to explore myself in the future. Therefore, I can not allow entire avenues of development to be shut-off to me due to someone beating me to the punch and implementing something before I have a chance to.

My apologies if this seems unfair, but hopefully you will all understand that I can not allow the mod's own community to become a detriment to its continued development.