Lack of progression using sandstone

The place to talk about how BTW might be different
NotEvenOdd

Lack of progression using sandstone

Post by NotEvenOdd »

In the early game, the vMC sand-to-sandstone ratio provides a good challenge for building pathways and settlements in the desert. Post early game, however, it makes building with sandstone 4 times more time-consuming than building with other materials such as cobblestone that don't match the environment. It was disappointing to find no progression in the mod in regards to sandstone production.
magikeh

Re: Lack of progression using sandstone

Post by magikeh »

Well really, it depends on how 'post early game' you are I suppose. Battosay did a great showcase of a sand generator a while back. I get where you're coming from though, sandstone is just a really expensive building block.
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

NotEvenOdd wrote:It was disappointing to find no progression in the mod in regards to sandstone production.
Life is pain.
NotEvenOdd

Post by NotEvenOdd »

magikeh wrote:Well really, it depends on how 'post early game' you are I suppose. Battosay did a great showcase of a sand generator a while back. I get where you're coming from though, sandstone is just a really expensive building block.
The cobble blaster is really impressive! For mere sand though it's a hell of a lot of effort due to the number of mining charges required.
FlowerChild wrote:Life is pain.
Okay. :)
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

What I do is make a diamond shovel, and either go caving and grab stacks upon stacks of cave gravel or I go decimate a desert. That's already so easy to get a billion stacks, that it makes sense that the next step up is a massive machine.

Progression feels more or less fine to me that way.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx