Squids attack before weather visual cues

The place to talk about how BTW might be different
abculatter_2

Squids attack before weather visual cues

Post by abculatter_2 »

So, I recently had a death from squid attack. I was in the wrong, and shouldn't have been boating while it was raining, so I'm not saying the death was unjust... Though, it did feel odd that there was not even a one-second reaction moment for me to observe that the rain was getting darker and heavier before getting gangbanged, when for all I could tell it was still relatively light showering.

I don't know if this was just me being unlucky and there being a squid directly under my boat at the time, but still I feel like I missed out on a wonderful 'Oh shi-' moment, just before being dragged helplessly into the gloomy depths.
Last edited by abculatter_2 on Wed May 13, 2015 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Squids attack before weather visual cues

Post by FlowerChild »

Well...the warning really is inherent in the rain itself. I would strongly advise against boating in it both due to the risk of storms, and because as you saw yourself, the lowered light levels bring the squid closer to the surface, which means you have far less time to react as the sun is going down (and far less wiggle room should you fall into the water at some point). The Squid aren't reacting to canned events like "ooo...there's a storm now" or what have you, but to the light itself.

Ultimately, yeah, I'd love for there to be dark clouds rolling in and such so there's more buildup, but I do not consider that to be within the scope of the mod.