Nether Coal incompatible with the Steam Engine

The place to talk about how BTW might be different
Dorugami

Nether Coal incompatible with the Steam Engine

Post by Dorugami »

While charcoal and coal work well with the furnace cart, Nethercoal does not. No mention of it in the Log so I thought I'd post here in case it wasn't an intentional limitation for balance purposes. As far as I'm aware getting powered rails is a big leap up (Gold Farm;Groth;Blood Wood Trees), and having a functional railway system running on Nethercoal seems like it was meant to have been a technological intermediary.
Better Than Wolves isn't a Mod. It's a Lifestyle.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Nether Coal incompatible with the Steam Engine

Post by FlowerChild »

Yeah, I think I built a furnace cart once. In my first world. I think it's still sitting in the chest in my starter base where I promptly put it :P

I should probably just rip it out of the game. It's entirely useless, and just creates dangling support issues like this one.

There's no design intent with it whatsoever BTW. I just ignore it as a lingering vanilla junk item :)
Dorugami

Re: Nether Coal incompatible with the Steam Engine

Post by Dorugami »

Fair enough, I really don't see it interacting very well with your other mechanisms anyway, just a little nifty transport paired with chest carts...but I guess I'll enjoy my little steam engine while I still have it and hope I have the rails before your next patch XD
Better Than Wolves isn't a Mod. It's a Lifestyle.