Jungle Saplings low drop rate

The place to talk about how BTW might be different
OlbaiD

Jungle Saplings low drop rate

Post by OlbaiD »

As per title.

I have four tree farms, 10 trees each (oak, spruce, birch, jungle). I get enough saplings to replant from oak, birch and spruce, but in the jungle farm sometimes i can barely replant (almost none to stock after). Last time i harvested, i couldnt get enough to replant.

Not sure if bad luck or it's intended XD

I usually avoid to build with jungle wood based blocks because of that, also dont have jungle nearby.
eternalankh

Re: Jungle Saplings low drop rate

Post by eternalankh »

From the minecraft wiki...

"Most trees will drop more than one sapling (four for giant jungle trees and dark oaks). The only exception is the small jungle tree, which will probably drop only one or even zero saplings. This means that to make a jungle tree farm, it is necessary to farm giant jungle trees."

This is vanilla stuff.
OlbaiD

Post by OlbaiD »

Didnt know that LOL.

So i redesigned the jungle tree farm to have 4 big trees (2x2). One grew up and i harvested it:
+-64 jungle tree wood (yay), but..
only 5 saplings, 4 of those to replant the big tree

So it still seem a very low drop rate for jungle saplings.. or maybe very bad luck lol XD
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

It's not bad luck, I get very small amounts of saplings as well, about 5 or 6 like what you got from giant trees.
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
Adenine

Post by Adenine »

OlbaiD wrote:So i redesigned the jungle tree farm to have 4 big trees (2x2). One grew up and i harvested it:
+-64 jungle tree wood (yay), but..
only 5 saplings, 4 of those to replant the big tree
That's still a net gain. It makes you wonder how long it must have taken for those huge jungles to have grown up though. And Steve's just cutting and burning it down like... Wait a minute...