Pondering a revisit to my addiction -- LTJ or can host

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
MisterFister

Pondering a revisit to my addiction -- LTJ or can host

Post by MisterFister »

Howdy folks. My BTW SSP tapered off earlier this year while I was swirling rather forcefully around in mid-crucible tech. I have no vMC experience, and have played several hundred hours of this mod, my first foray into which was as a guest on a youtuber-friend's SMP.

I can join a server. I get fits where I'm highly involved for extended periods across a span of several weeks or even months, but then something comes up at work and I have to cut back. As for my in-game skills, I excel when I have a halfway coherent tutor around to help me with specific issues. I have no offline experience with circuit design or logic gates, so redstone mystifies me until it's explained or demonstrated for me. Once that happens, however, I can very easily come up with v2 and v3 of someone else's design as I seem to be rather adept at optimizing and feature-creeping existing proof-of-concept designs. I also have no problem with large scale grunt work -- carving out pre-mapped interconnected strip-tunnels for subterranean navigation soothes me, as well as overworld surface terraforming.

I can rent or co-rent a server. We can start a new seed, or I can upload my current SSP.
Spoiler
Show
In that, my current progress is in spinning up manual farm production capacity at Original Spawn in anticipation of large scale villager trades -- at least one mating pair of each caste has been located and caged, but have not yet been assembled in a single location yet. Current project is large-scale lava-level excavation for a manual brown mushroom farm that will need mycelium to fully function, followed by a red mushroom farm, and possibly to include a dedicated chamber for mooshrooms. Lava level was chosen because of the benefit of stockpiling diamonds for villager breeding. Just completed truly massive expansion to loot storage and hoarding capacity, currently arrayed at ~500 neatly categorized and sectioned double chests, with perhaps 10-12% of them used. Not much HCS development, however, due to insanely fortuitous luck with respawns. I really like the aesthetic of stone brick, and it shows. I have tinkered with automated wolf-feeder designs, but I have two stacks of dung stockpiled from before I intentionally culled the wolf I'd tamed and accidentally allowed to go feral. The thing was properly contained and perfectly harmless on a 3x3 hopper floor and a spiderwebbed fall-safe and creeper-safe feeding hole from above, but I snapped and killed the damn thing. I regret nothing, though I won't invite the same issue again before I have a reasonably decent design ready to go for a feeder system.
Testing the waters, wondering what the grapevine here is like. Drop a reply or a PM please. Thanks.

Edited to add: Given my herky-jerk commitment levels over time, please feel free to necro-PM me if you see this post way after the fact. As a general rule, I don't think I'd ever be truly uninterested, availability notwithstanding of course.
I consume a lot of YouTube. Some of what I consume is actually pretty good.
mc_isaac

Re: Pondering a revisit to my addiction -- LTJ or can host

Post by mc_isaac »

Hey Man,

If you aren't wanting to spin up your own server, feel free to join the QuackerZ Discord.
I host a non whitelisted server over there that anyone can join, It's a newer world where you can still make an impact (or find land with animals). We also have an old very developed whitelisted map.

There are people over there who want to play on the newer server with people. If you announce when you plan to play people seem to pop on or try to coordinate times to play together.