Quackers Friendly Coop Server [Whitelisted]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
mc_isaac

Re: Quackers Friendly Coop Server [Whitelisted]

Post by mc_isaac »

Just as an FYI:
I was watching Vioki and Charlie stream yesterday and FC dropped in. He was hinting at a new patch incoming soon.
Hype!
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

mc_isaac wrote:Just as an FYI:
I was watching Vioki and Charlie stream yesterday and FC dropped in. He was hinting at a new patch incoming soon.
Hype!
YES!!! Me and the server are ready! :D
razar51

Post by razar51 »

Hype!
Nice! I look forward to it! Maybe this will get me motivated to build that pre-end Tech auto Pottery + kiln i've been planning for a while now. I've been procrastinating due to gold and blaze rod scarcity.
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

razar51 wrote:
Hype!
Nice! I look forward to it! Maybe this will get me motivated to build that pre-end Tech auto Pottery + kiln i've been planning for a while now. I've been procrastinating due to gold and blaze rod scarcity.
Indeed! Hopefully it will motivate activity again as well, been pretty dead as of recently :(
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

For those of you still alive....
The servers due renewal on the 2nd December and my current hosters charge quite a bit so I'm looking to change to a cheaper provider so we'll need to do some testing in the next week or so that performance is good for all! :)
If anybody knows of any providers it would be much appreciated.
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

GreenOxygen just told me that a new version of BTW is out, how exciting!! :D
I'll update the server sometime this afternoon if anybodies interested.

I'm hoping I've found a new server provider I'm happy with so I'm currently trying a 7 day trial to see if its OK.
IP is: quackerz.serverminer.com - Its currently sitting on the latest MC version but when I get a minute I'll BTW it and leave it open for all to try :)
mc_isaac

Post by mc_isaac »

I'm be updating my client soon-ish..

And should be able to log into the server to play some. My boy is at an age (1yr) that makes being on a PC hard. He just wants to climb up on me and smash my keyboard. Sp i'm very limited on PC time, but i'll try to squeeze in some BTW.

Gunner what are the chances that you'd make some type of portal (with command block) at spawn to send us to a "new spawn" for anyone wanting to start over?
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

mc_isaac wrote:I'm be updating my client soon-ish..

And should be able to log into the server to play some. My boy is at an age (1yr) that makes being on a PC hard. He just wants to climb up on me and smash my keyboard. Sp i'm very limited on PC time, but i'll try to squeeze in some BTW.

Gunner what are the chances that you'd make some type of portal (with command block) at spawn to send us to a "new spawn" for anyone wanting to start over?
Aww bless haha.

I might have just beat you to it with that! ;) If you go inside the rectangleish spruce building at communal, it'll show signs welcoming you to your new life!

I can't remember which direction we've headed so I'll try and hop on later to do that.
mc_isaac

Post by mc_isaac »

Gunner,

I can't walk through the doorway of that building. I thought maybe it was because I had inventory so i emptied it. Then i thoguht bc i was on version b of update so i downgraded.
Still can't walk past door. maybe bc spawn chunks and I can't actually open the door? I tried breaking in but i can't bc spawn chunks...

thoughts?
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

mc_isaac wrote:Gunner,

I can't walk through the doorway of that building. I thought maybe it was because I had inventory so i emptied it. Then i thoguht bc i was on version b of update so i downgraded.
Still can't walk past door. maybe bc spawn chunks and I can't actually open the door? I tried breaking in but i can't bc spawn chunks...

thoughts?
Aww crap I might have left my Opness on! I'll turn it off now and turn off spawn chunks if I can.
mc_isaac

Post by mc_isaac »

Look what i found at the "new world"
Spoiler
Show
razar51

Post by razar51 »

yeah Gunner pulled some shenanigans to make it not 100% snow biome since it was huge and went on for many days of walking
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

mc_isaac wrote:Look what i found at the "new world"
Spoiler
Show
Awww man that looks abit crappy, thought I managed to avoid anything like that.

Either today or tomorrow I'm going to be bringing the server down for a few hours while I migrate it to another host. How's everybodys ping with quackerz.serverminer.com please!!
I couldn't manage to put BTW on it due to it only being a free trial server where you can't really change anything.
mc_isaac

Post by mc_isaac »

MIne says it's about 10 times better. from 1111 ms to 194 ms :P
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

mc_isaac wrote:MIne says it's about 10 times better. from 1111 ms to 194 ms :P
That answers that then! :D
Thanks
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

New server is now ONLINE and everything appears to have moved over nicely!
New IP is: QuackerZ.ServerMiner.com

I have deleted the new seeded land (after the snow) so that anybody that moves out that way (like I've done) gets to experience Hardcore Stumps!

Any issues just let me know.
Have fun :D
naHukep

Post by naHukep »

Hi! My name is Andrei, I am 33 years old and living in Russia. My english is bad, sorry for that.
I would be glad to join in. I was playing on amalga server before and got great pleasure from it. My BTW experience is low, but I have common sense and I am following russian proverb "measure seven times and cut once" :)
My IGN is naHukep
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

naHukep wrote:Hi! My name is Andrei, I am 33 years old and living in Russia. My english is bad, sorry for that.
I would be glad to join in. I was playing on amalga server before and got great pleasure from it. My BTW experience is low, but I have common sense and I am following russian proverb "measure seven times and cut once" :)
My IGN is naHukep
Just whitelisted you so welcome! :)
If you want to experience hardcore stumping on new lands then head into the spruce Hut building at communal and click on the magic new Land button. Head North I think it is and you'll be in the spruce oak forest that's all newly generated!

As its nearly Christmas is anybody up for a Christmas gathering? :)
razar51

Post by razar51 »

I assume that the Teamspeak IP has changed as well?

Also, I got myself stuck in the nether again. I walked through the portal and was ambushed by a skeleton and a zombie. I managed to lure them off the portal but i'm wounded.
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

razar51 wrote:I assume that the Teamspeak IP has changed as well?

Also, I got myself stuck in the nether again. I walked through the portal and was ambushed by a skeleton and a zombie. I managed to lure them off the portal but i'm wounded.
Another rescue mission? Oh Razar :P I'll be on later.

Teamspeaks gone, we do have a mumble server but instead I might start using Discord, apparently it's the NEW THING!! Talk later.
mc_isaac

Post by mc_isaac »

I would recommend curse chat or discord.

Curse chat you can set up a persistent chat room and invite friends. The only downfall to curse chat is you have to download the curse app and friend the people you want to talk to or send chat room invites. :P
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

mc_isaac wrote:I would recommend curse chat or discord.
We're getting on just fine with Discord... well me and Razar :P Anybody else who wants adding to the Discord group just ask!
Same ID as on here and the groups name is QuackerZ

When you coming on then Issac? :)
mc_isaac

Post by mc_isaac »

Someone PM me an invite code for the Discord!
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

I seem to be having difficulty rejoining the server. My game reaches the "Downloading Terrain" message and stays there. Is this a problem on my end, or has the server broken?
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
naHukep

Post by naHukep »

I am playing within a few days without any issues and saw yours attempts to join