Quackers Friendly Coop Server [Whitelisted]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
razar51

Re: Quackers Friendly Coop Server [Whitelisted]

Post by razar51 »

Furaites wrote:WOOOHOOOO I fixxed it....damn that was complicated.

So all my errors were because Minecraft Launcher kept overwriting the modified files and rewriting to the vanilla Jar....

So in order to stop it from doing that I had to go through and edit the Json file within the Mcpatcher Jar Folder to delete a section of code and stop it from autoupdating the Jar to a vanilla Jar
I just setup a new profile in the launcher and made it use my BTW jar.
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

razar51 wrote:
Furaites wrote:WOOOHOOOO I fixxed it....damn that was complicated.
I just setup a new profile in the launcher and made it use my BTW jar.
Yeah Same as I do. Glad you got it fixed Fur! :)

Anyone up for hopping in tonight and trying to find a new place? :D (Of course we won't build anything till Friday)
Think its best we head far far in to the North of the Nether.
Any preference on biome starting location?
Furaites

Post by Furaites »

I will be around ( I hope) what time? where are we meeting? and are we bringing anything from our current builds?

I log in the sandstone castle me and Walk made with all our stuff so...IDK what ya want for the scouting trip....

as for preferred Biome....depends on how hard of a start we want.....Plains near Forest is easier then Desert, or Swamp, or worse of the worse....Jungle....I am cool with whatever...just may have to accept some Cursive Language:P
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

Furaites wrote:I will be around ( I hope) what time? where are we meeting? and are we bringing anything from our current builds?
Is 10pm UK time good with peeps for tonight? I'd say yeah bring your good stuff with you for now as we prepare to head over there. For when we start building I say we only bring basic basic small stuff like a little bit of dirt. If we did take our high tech tools we would get alot of things done quicker but wouldn't have much of the feel of starting again, I dunno. Whats everybody elses thoughts?
Furaites

Post by Furaites »

all sounds good to me...

see ya then
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

Me, Fur and Razar did some exploring to the north of the Nether and ended up finding a few biomes but one that stuck out for me was a snowy extreme hills biome which looked like a stunning place and there was a mountain that had a few water sources popping out of it, as well as a lava flow. Also we spawned in a cave with a couple of zombie spawners.

Thoughts for Friday?
mc_isaac

Post by mc_isaac »

hey guys,
Sorry i missed the event I've been busy at work and haven't been reading the forums as much as i used to. If there is an event this friday I can't make it as i'll be out of town :(, maybe next time.

And Fur i'm sorry i wasn't around because I could have solved your problem as I dealt with it not long ago... Hopefully you searched the forums and found my thread when I was having that same issue, as I put the fix there. To everyone else don't delete your current BTW install as the new launcher is a real pain when installing a fresh BTW jar... :)

love and hugs
razar51

Post by razar51 »

Yesterday got my engineering juices flowing... I've been thinking about a Pre-End tech auto pottery + auto kiln. It requires some clever timing and some significant redstone circuitry, but I think I have most of how it will work mocked up.

The kiln is coupled to the pottery, and since I won't have block dispensers it wont work for anything except the pottery, but that's fine.

Should be about as complex as my first auto tree farm:
Spoiler
Show
or my really old overly complicated soul urn bottler:
Spoiler
Show
but I am more experienced now so I won't flounder as much (probably).
razar51

Post by razar51 »

As for my opinion on terrain, I've never been too big of a fan of snow biomes as a place to live. Maybe it's because I hate the cold in real life, but those biomes always make me a little uncomfortable...
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

razar51 wrote:As for my opinion on terrain, I've never been too big of a fan of snow biomes as a place to live. Maybe it's because I hate the cold in real life, but those biomes always make me a little uncomfortable...
All part of the challenge and feeling different! :D
mc_isaac wrote: If there is an event this friday I can't make it as i'll be out of town :(, maybe next time.
Nawwhh gutted you can't come Issac :( We'll make sure to raise a glass for you tonight, as people say haha

Very excited for tonight! It looks like it may be a small one but I'm sure we'll do just fine, less mouths to feed ;)
Everybody who's coming tonight, meet at our communal spawn base at around 10pm UK time and I'll explain how we're gonna get there and see where the night takes us :)
I should be in Teamspeak and on the server around 9pm so if anybody's interested in a pre-party? :D
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

Sorry to be a bother, but it looks like I was booted off the white-list after the earlier problems. I'd love to hop back on while people are trying to tame new lands!

(ign is EpicAaron29)
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

EpicAaron wrote:(ign is EpicAaron29)
Ahh yeah sorry about that bud, re-added you to the whitelist! :)
razar51

Post by razar51 »

Lava burned down the shelter again.
razar51

Post by razar51 »

Been playing on my own on the server the past few days (too quiet alone) and managed to make some nice progress:

Things I have acquired/found:
- Lots, and lots, and lots.... of snow biome
- A skeleton Spawner
- 10 Diamonds (3 used for diamond pick)
- 6 stacks of redstone
- 1 stack of iron ore
- 16 gold ore
- Wheat (including seeds)
- Potatoes
- Sugar Cane
- Vines
- A brewing stand and cistern (climbed a tree, blocked over to the roof, knocked a hole in the roof, blocked off the brewing stand from the witches, knocked out more roof, stole the stuff)
- Obsidian (used to make nether portal down a tunnel next to the windmill)
- Netherrack, Nether Quartz
- Cauldron (yay tech tree advancement)
razar51

Post by razar51 »

Found a nether fort not far from the portal if we want to go explore that and look for a blaze spawner
razar51

Post by razar51 »

It's been a while since i've seen anyone on for more than a moment or 2. We still planning to build up new communal and progress as a group?
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

razar51 wrote:It's been a while since i've seen anyone on for more than a moment or 2. We still planning to build up new communal and progress as a group?
Sorry I've been real busy with IRL things recently and been on holiday. I'll try and get on when I can but its a shame no ones around :(
Well Done with your progress so far, I'll hop on when I actually get a minute.
razar51

Post by razar51 »

GunGuyGunner wrote:
razar51 wrote:It's been a while since i've seen anyone on for more than a moment or 2. We still planning to build up new communal and progress as a group?
Sorry I've been real busy with IRL things recently and been on holiday. I'll try and get on when I can but its a shame no ones around :(
Well Done with your progress so far, I'll hop on when I actually get a minute.
Alright. I usually get on Teamspeak after I get home from work during weekdays. About 3:00-4:00pm my time so I think that is 9:00-10:00 UK time.

I'm actually kind of stuck at the moment (and have been for a week). I am in the nether at a nether fort near death and there is a magma slime and a ghast in the corridor leading back to the portal. -_-
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

I missed some information or my brain just plain deleted it. Is the "new" area a completely new map/level or is it just a section of land far away? How do I get home? :)

Logging in to see if I can lend a hand to Mr. Razar.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
razar51

Post by razar51 »

Rawny wrote:I missed some information or my brain just plain deleted it. Is the "new" area a completely new map/level or is it just a section of land far away? How do I get home? :)

Logging in to see if I can lend a hand to Mr. Razar.
Just a section of land far away. There isn't a teleport from the new area back to the more civilized areas. If you die you still hardcore spawn around the original spawn location though.
razar51

Post by razar51 »

Is the server down again?
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

razar51 wrote:Is the server down again?
Sorry no one was online when I went to bed last night so backed up the server and did some maintenance on it. Take a look north when you next get on and let me know what ya think! :D
razar51

Post by razar51 »

GunGuyGunner wrote:
razar51 wrote:Is the server down again?
Sorry no one was online when I went to bed last night so backed up the server and did some maintenance on it. Take a look north when you next get on and let me know what ya think! :D
Ah nice. My nether portals now end up somewhere other than snow. First one landed me in a desert. Found a village and carrots.

Also, I hooked up a water wheel to the current tech and disconnected the windmill.

Made a cow cooker. Easy cooked steak and leather, just add wheat. Not automated yet since we don't have enough gold for dispensers.
Last edited by razar51 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

razar51 wrote:Ah nice. My nether portals now end up somewhere other than snow. First one landed me in a desert. Found a village and carrots.
Also, I hooked up a water wheel to the current tech and disconnected the windmill.
Ahhh neat, I've taken a little look North as well and the chunks don't look to bad, blends in quite nicely! In regards to the windmill, I hope you've kept the windmill item up for aesthetic looks :P

Thanks for joining us on Stardew Valley last night btw, had fun! We need to do it again sometime :D
I'm now itching to play it again and not all of us are online, back to my old save data I think.
razar51

Post by razar51 »

GunGuyGunner wrote:
razar51 wrote:Ah nice. My nether portals now end up somewhere other than snow. First one landed me in a desert. Found a village and carrots.
Ahhh neat, I've taken a little look North as well and the chunks don't look to bad, blends in quite nicely! In regards to the windmill, I hope you've kept the windmill item up for aesthetic looks :P

Thanks for joining us on Stardew Valley last night btw, had fun! We need to do it again sometime :D
I'm now itching to play it again and not all of us are online, back to my old save data I think.
Definitely should do it again sooner rather than later.