Quackers Friendly Coop Server [Whitelisted]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
GunGuyGunner

Re: Quackers Friendly Coop Server [Whitelisted]

Post by GunGuyGunner »

Rawny wrote:Ty for letting me visit Gunner.
Great to have you around! Hopefully see ya soon! :)
EpicAaron wrote:IGN: EpicAaron29
Sorry for the delay - Just whitelisted ya, welcome! :)
greenoxygen

Post by greenoxygen »

Hey Guys, i think it isn't possible to register on this forum anymore, or I just cant see the registry button.
My buddy wants to play on this server too, so he has to apply for this server over my account.

IGN: RicDescim
Hello, my name is Richard! I am a 19 years old guy from germany and want to play on this server!
I play better than wolves since 4.9Marsupial, and i favour special and hidden Buildings, in a modern style.

(Edit: My buddy got his IGN wrong)
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

greenoxygen wrote:IGN: RicDescim
Sorry for the delay.
Welcome :)
razar51

Post by razar51 »

Is the server down atm?
Mr_Weax

Post by Mr_Weax »

It seems to be down for me too
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

razar51 wrote:Is the server down atm?
Yeah it is it appears! My emails have clearly stopped working whilst I was away as I missed the emails you guys sent me and a "Your Service has been suspended" email even though an automatic payment was sent to them! Not happy, I'll find out whats going on and let you know asap!

Update - 10/09
Well not really an update, I've passed on all my details and the Junior Service Support guy can't figure out why its all been cancelled - he said he'll forward my ticket onto management. Still awaiting a reply back :/ I really do hope they haven't wiped everything but then even if they have, all we've lost is a month or two, I've still got the two worlds combined on my PC.
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

Good News! (ish)

We have the server back(ish), management said "I really hate saying this but I really don't know how this happened", made me chuckle :P

Because I didn't question the termination straight away there's a chance we may have lost our current world and any progress that has been made this past month since I merged all the world together but they said they'll look into restoring it so fingers crossed. Worse comes to worse we can just start again right?... Haha I joke, I do still have the first version of the merged world so at worse we've lost a months work rather than the WHOLE LOT!! Really sorry I wasn't on top of this, its been a shitty month :(
greenoxygen

Post by greenoxygen »

Meh, I may lost around 20 Hours of Work, but I dont mind, better to have this version of the map as none at all :)
mc_isaac

Post by mc_isaac »

Well, if we do have to restart again, at least we can have an awesome group start like last go around. Maybe I won't have to die first protecting everyone :P
razar51

Post by razar51 »

Hopefully they can recover something. It would be annoying to get back to the old world, relight everything up again, clear the same amount of jungle, and build my auto smooth stone harvester again, but I could deal with it.
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

Unfortunatly because it was a VPS server (not sure what that means) we would have lost everything on that server :( Which means we're gonna have to start from the very beginning again....
As in the very beginning of the world merge which means I'm afraid you would have lost a months process and everything will need lighting up again, unless anybody knows of a way to light things up in MCEdit? Still at least we haven't lost absolutly everything. I'm defo up for moving out of our spawn area and starting again from scratch somewhere out in the world!
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

A VPS server is not a server at all, but a virtual machine (kinda like an emulator for operating systems like Linux). If they remove the VPS, there's no backup or anything, it just vanishes. With a physical server, you could make sure that the last servers to be terminated are the last to be used again, and so you could perhaps restart it or recover it in time. In case of a VPS, no such things are possible of course, unless you specifically keep backups, which wouldn't be very feasible for most VPS companies.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
razar51

Post by razar51 »

Any ETA on when the server might be back up?

As a side note, how do you feel about building above the bedrock ceiling in the nether? I devised a few methods recently on a single player world to get up there.
greenoxygen

Post by greenoxygen »

Sounds like a really nice Idea, but first we'll need the server up and running again :)

So GGG, when will the server be up again ? We need to pi a good Time, when the most players can play, so i think we should take London time, I would suggest a Saturday :)
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

Sorry guys its been another shitty week this week. I've now got the world uploaded so all I need to do now is set up the JAR file and we're good to go.
Server should be up within the next hour or so, I'll update this post when its Online.

As for another starting again get together, throw me some dates and I'll see if I can fit it into my busy schedule :) Ideally a weekend would be good.
razar51

Post by razar51 »

The only issue i'll have now is that the nether isn't connected to the old world in the newly combined map. -_-
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

razar51 wrote:The only issue i'll have now is that the nether isn't connected to the old world in the newly combined map. -_-
Yeah thats annoying!

Right, servers now online and kicking! Lemme know of any concerns.
razar51

Post by razar51 »

Looks like the nether is ok. Not hooked up to the old world, but construction is still there.

Should probably start keeping regular backups just in case though.
Furaites

Post by Furaites »

Well it has been one heck of a time from what I have seen...and I am glad to see some old names and some new names as well....Both myself and Walkstrong think it would be nice to rejoin with y'all if you do not mind.

Real Life took the wheel for a while and it feels as if we have not had much time for anything at all...that being said, now that we are getting into the swing of things it would be a welcomed distraction.

Myself, Furaites, is pretty much on all the time...I am the incredibly pained happy home maker...my better half, WalkStrong(My Wife), is back to work now and if my instinct is right she will be knocking about as much as she can.

Cheers...
Furaites

By the way:: What Version is the server going to be running, and what is the info again(Been awhile and we have new PC)

Edit:: Arrrrgggg....Can get the Wives PC to connect no problem....but mine...no way in heck.

I try to connect to Quackers and Minecraft crashes trying to load with a Ticking Entity Error.....if someone is on the server then I get a Bad Io Error 142(Or something similar)

I try to connect to Isaac's server and I get - String length longer then maximum allowed (24576 > 16).

Time to go through the Java Roll....try Walkstrongs Version of Java in 32 and 64, and then new up to date in the same.... Will add another Post with updates
Furaites

Post by Furaites »

Well after rolling through 32 and 64 bit versions of Java I am getting the same errors....

So far I know I can connect to Tekkit/Hexxit/Vanilla minecraft servers with no issues...but something just does not like me in BTW....time to really dig up through google.
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

Furaites wrote:Well after rolling through 32 and 64 bit versions of Java I am getting the same errors....

So far I know I can connect to Tekkit/Hexxit/Vanilla minecraft servers with no issues...but something just does not like me in BTW....time to really dig up through google.
Oh no crap times :( Hope you get it solved soon!

So I've been watching some Minecraft videos and I'm really craving to start again!! Everybody free this Friday night @ 10pm UK time?
Furaites

Post by Furaites »

Well I will be Free, I do not know about Walkstrong.....

I have tried everything I can think of thus far and cannot connect, so I am open to suggestions...
razar51

Post by razar51 »

That's like... 4:00pm central time in the States? I might be around then. Don't really want to start from scratch but I might get on for a while.
Furaites

Post by Furaites »

Hmmm Ok last thing I can think of....can I get a couple people to delete my player file? (Gunner and Isaac) to see if it relocates me and fixxes the errors
Furaites

Post by Furaites »

WOOOHOOOO I fixxed it....damn that was complicated.

So all my errors were because Minecraft Launcher kept overwriting the modified files and rewriting to the vanilla Jar....

So in order to stop it from doing that I had to go through and edit the Json file within the Mcpatcher Jar Folder to delete a section of code and stop it from autoupdating the Jar to a vanilla Jar