Quackers Friendly Coop Server [Whitelisted]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Furaites

Re: Quackers Friendly Coop Server [Whitelisted]

Post by Furaites »

So Pigmen Learn Very Quickly...Check this out:
Spoiler
Show
Sol

Post by Sol »

Going to post my application copy pasta style, some veterans might know me if you need references I could provide more. Anyways,..

White-list Application:

1. In-game name
- LittleOdie

2. Experience with BTW and experience on servers
- Avid experience with Better Than Wolves, and minecraft alike. As far as servers go, I have owned many
and been staff on even more. Great with puzzles and spacial building. Also have 100+ Subs all from minecraft
oriented videos on YouTube.
mc_dunedin

Post by mc_dunedin »

! ! ! JOINT SERVER ACTIVITY ANNOUNCEMENT ! ! !

Brave compagnons!

There is a dark threat looming underneath my base that i dare not encounter on my own. Somehow, in a cursed moment of negligence an otherworldly presence summoned by my foolish self did escape and is now roaming the caves near the place i call home. Twice i tried to defeat the monstrosity on my own, and twice i paid dearly for my recklessness. So now i call on you, mighty warriors, savvy rogues and ingenious tinkerers, to band together and rid the overworld of this withering evil. Who is with me?

---

So basically, i fucked up big time and summoned a wither i can't handle on my own. I'd appreciate any help in killing it. Its in a cave near my base which is hard to maneuver and as if that wasn't enough there is both water and flowing lava everywhere.

Doesn't that sound like an awesome way to have a joint server activity? :)

How does next weekend (~22-4-2016) sound to y'all, either friday or saturday evening/night european time, depending on what works best for everyone.

I will have some potions and weapons ready for everyone who is willing to do this insane endeavour. If we succeed, a proper thank-you ceremony (with presents!) will be held sometime in may.

Let me know if you want to come along! For those who don't have an account for the forum, put up a sign by the notice board at communal.

PS: On the potions thing, i have healing/strength/fire resistance covered, but i'm lacking ghast tears for regeneration. Anyone got some/know how to farm ghasts?

PPS @greenoxy: You can have one table if thats still relevant.
Gimlog

Post by Gimlog »

Hi ,
I'm looking for a BTW server for a time now , and i'm happy to found yours .

If you still add players on your server,

playername : Gimlog

I like too build nice structurs in Hardcore mods and i'm the better neighbour you should have :D

For more information ask , i'll answer.
greenoxygen

Post by greenoxygen »

Jea, it's still relevant :) Thanks !
And I will surely help you in your fight against this vicious creature.

@Gimlog Sounds good, sadly I cant add you to the server, I hope someone will soon add you :)
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

mc_dunedin wrote:! ! ! JOINT SERVER ACTIVITY ANNOUNCEMENT ! ! !
How does next weekend (~22-4-2016) sound to y'all, either friday or saturday evening/night european time, depending on what works best for everyone.
Sounds good Dunedin, will be nice for us all to have a get together again after so long, I'm well in and up for that time! :D
Didn't you unleash that thing like months ago and is it the same one? :S
Gimlog wrote:I'm looking for a BTW server for a time now , and i'm happy to found yours .
If you still add players on your server
Yeah sure, we're always open to new players! :D
I'll add ya to the whitelist now!
greenoxygen wrote:sadly I cant add you to the server
I might give some of you access and permissions to the server whitelist and email as my life has all of a sudden become really busy and I'm not online as much.
mc_dunedin

Post by mc_dunedin »

Gunner wrote:Sounds good Dunedin, will be nice for us all to have a get together again after so long, I'm well in and up for that time! :D
Didn't you unleash that thing like months ago and is it the same one? :S
Awesome, and sadly, yes. Its the very same. I sort of ragequitted over that thing and didnt find it in me to deal with it once and for all :-)
mc_isaac

Post by mc_isaac »

I have a Ghast farm at my base. Just needs soul urns. I may be able to help out this weekend. Been very burnt out of MC recently but a server activity doesn't sound bad!!
greenoxygen

Post by greenoxygen »

mc_dunedin, i know that feel, when I spawned my first wither in my ravine-cave-system, i died a lot and rage quitted a few weeks :D
mc_isaac

Post by mc_isaac »

I have deposited 24 splash regeneration and 16 regular regeneration pots into the trading system. It's all i currently had on hand. but I think it's plenty :)
HappyDyas

Post by HappyDyas »

So.. I haven't played in a while, but im looking at getting back into the game. Also, no guarantees that I will be on consistently but i do a pretty good job of not being a complete ghost. Pretty familiar with the mod as ive been around it for 3 years now and have seen it grow and flourish into what it is today :)

If you will have me, IGN: HappyDyas

Also, what time is this set for? I live in the Pacific NW of the United States so the time zones might be a little scewerd :P
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

HappyDyas wrote:If you will have me, IGN: HappyDyas
Also, what time is this set for? I live in the Pacific NW of the United States so the time zones might be a little scewerd :P
Al' goooood, just whitelisting ya now! ;D

Timing wise I'm a little unsure, I forgot I had this dance event on Saturday that goes on until 10pm UK time and I'll probably get home and online around 11pm - that good with everybody else? If not I'll just have to join in when ready.

Oh and another thing, its been over a year since we first launched this server! (Where the hell has that time gone??!!) Sooooooo make sure to bring Cake on Saturday!! :D
greenoxygen

Post by greenoxygen »

Got plenty of cake in stock :D

I'll surely bring some with me ^^
HappyDyas

Post by HappyDyas »

Thanks for the speedy reply! so it looks like 11pm UK is about 3pm PDT (Pacific Daylight Time). So i might not be able to make it right away, but sometime around then.
mc_dunedin

Post by mc_dunedin »

So tomorrow evening it is. I noticed today that the thing moved further into my base. You guys better don't come near my place until we are properly organized
abculatter_2

Post by abculatter_2 »

So, once I finish my iron grinder, I was thinking of upgrading the nether rail line to a more convenient, automated or semi-automated system. Since this will be a public project, I figured I'd ask for everyone's opinion on various aspects of its implementation that I'm debating on.

The biggest thing that I'm debating on is two different potential implementations, the first of which I will call ''centralized redirection", and will be based on inserting a simple two-digit code, with each digit being represented by one of the sixteen colors of wool. This code is then transmitted down the rail line using lens blocks, and will redirect and then dismount the player when they reach the destination that the numerical code represents. This has the obvious advantage of being extremely convenient. However, it has a number of disadvantages, such as being a one-way trip either to or from spawn. The complication of supporting free-form, non-centralized redirection within such a system would just be too much for me to be willing to deal with, if it's even theoretically possible. It also has a limit of one person on the rail line at a time, otherwise the first player is likely to be redirected to the second player's chosen destination. This system is also the most expensive of the ones I have thought of, since it requires quite a decent number of lenses, so it might take a while for me to finish and expand.

The second implementation I call 'manual redirection', and instead relies on the player to perform some action at the right time (basically as they are passing by the location they want to be redirected) to choose a redirection location. There's a number of different ways I could implement this, with the two most likely ones being either requiring the player to click on a line of redstone ore or doors or fence gates as they are passing by, with this action being detected by a local mechanism and used to redirect oncoming traffic to that direction for a short period of time. Another option is to have a trough along the side of the track that a player can throw an item into, which is detected by a lens beam and will cause a redirection.
This implementation has the advantages of being cheaper and simpler then the "centralized redirection" idea, and also gives a much greater amount of flexibility about rail line layout and gives the rider much more control over where they want to go. It also does not require going to a central station to go to a location. It is, however, obviously much less convenient, and also has the issue of a player potentially missing their stop if they aren't quick enough or aren't paying attention.

It is also possible to make a hybrid system that uses both of these ideas, though this would obviously be considerably more expensive then doing either system on its own.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Must type quick. Tired and sleepy drugs kicking in.
1: don't play much anymore but WHEN I do I'll be coming right back here. Still checking forums regularly, mostly lurking.
2: my opinion,
Two rails side by side, going each their own direction and clearly marked. Have the carts stop at each location, tunnel entrance, by hitting a block with unpowered rail. Each location is clearly marked as to where it leads. Two buttons to send on way either Onward to next location or back by powering turns rails from underneath. Of course back would have to swap you lines. Option here is either get off at stop, drop cart beyond stop block, press and go down the hall, probably the responsibility of the "owner" to finish that side... OR a third button that guides the cart down the "owners" tunnel... More complex though as it could be tricky to get the three separate buttons and paths working compactly without interfering. Either way I think it would be much cheaper and simpler (vs timing) this way. Cheaper in iron maybe not but meh, many functional mob traps at this point.

Not an opinion was this? Sry.

However it's done, sounds like a fun project
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

abculatter_2 wrote:So, once I finish my iron grinder, I was thinking of upgrading the nether rail line to a more convenient, automated or semi-automated system. Since this will be a public project, I figured I'd ask for everyone's opinion on various aspects of its implementation that I'm debating on.
The first option I love!! Buuuuut you have to think practically because only one person using the line at a time would be annoying - not so much a problem at the moment as the servers quite inactive but if people do come back, we have a big communal group event, we're all gonna have to wait 30 minutes to get us all there :D

Second one could work! :)
Whats the Hybrid option? You lost me there :S

The railway system defo needs some work doing as its very annoying how its currently set out that you have to keep getting in and out of minecarts, pushing buttons etc and also with no guarantee a minecart will be there so you have to walk it.
abculatter_2

Post by abculatter_2 »

Well, for the first option, if there's a lot of people going to the same place then they can all go together. The issues come up only when there are people who want to go to different places at the same time.

The hybrid option is to just implement both systems on the same rail line, sorry if that wasn't clear. So you'd be able to dial a location at spawn, if you wish, or you can choose your location manually. Since I'd have to implement both systems, it would of course require the resources of both systems, but even so the cost is not completely unreasonable. It's mainly just diamonds that I would need, maybe more redstone and lapis.
The only issue with implementing both systems is the potential for people who want manual redirection being redirected by the central spawn signal, which can be band-aided by putting a signal on/off switch at spawn. Which wouldn't be perfect, but it would work.
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

To anyone thats still alive out there, I've managed to merge the two other worlds into our current world! The first one being the first world when you lot joined so now you can go back to your old places and communal, secondly the other world I've added is the one me, zevil and rakane had before we opened it up and started fresh again so feel free to visit those places. Your world is South East from communal and ours is South West. I've been to both worlds and hooked up a Nether portal to each of them so now we have the fun task of finding those portals and linking everything up.

Lemme me know if anything bad happens. I've had a play around and the server seems to be keeping stable! :)
mc_dunedin

Post by mc_dunedin »

Alright!

I'm traveling at the moment but I will come and take a look at it next week.
mc_dunedin

Post by mc_dunedin »

Okay, i made the trip today and found our old world. Things seem to be in order and working fine there, one issue i have is that the lighting is bugged and many areas, especially indoors are unlit until you walk in there.

I connected my old base in the nether (yay iron beacon) and would like to set up a ender chest there. Does anyone have a spare eye of ender that they are willing to trade? If so, please drop it into an end chest and let me know what you want in exchange. I can't think of anything i wouldn't give at this time :-)

cheers
mc_isaac

Post by mc_isaac »

I'll drop one in there today. I'll take iron in whatever quantity you want to give. I need more saws. :)
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

I've been getting really into BTW again this summer and would love to explore another developed server. If you guys are still accepting to the whitelist, I'd be grateful if you added me.

IGN: EpicAaron29
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

I'm just saying a hello to all. I'm not BTW'ing right now, nor am I playing any games as of late (I'm bothered by this as its what I've done for... ever!) Rest assured if the server is still up WHEN I get stung again I'll be back here.

Ty for letting me visit Gunner.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".