Amalga: Co-op - V4.A1 Humpdated Camel

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
SerraNova

Re: Amalga: Co-op - IP Change

Post by SerraNova »

Finalcord wrote:I would like to apply!
Whitelisted, welcome!
EtherealWrath

Re: Amalga: Co-op - IP Change

Post by EtherealWrath »

Does anyone have a feather falling scrolls for sale?
In return; my services as a weapon smith, or trade for fire aspect/flame/knockback/respiration.
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
morsmaestro

Re: Amalga: Co-op - V4.A1 Humpdated Camel

Post by morsmaestro »

I put in the last IP Serra sent me and it said unknown host.

Oh, nevermind. Had a space before it.
Corzan

Post by Corzan »

Hey there. So, uh, I haven't played this mod (or Minecraft at all) in about....two years, but I recently decided to give BTW a google to see if people were still playing it, saw that FC had just released a new version, and downloaded the single player....now, a lot has changed since I've last played, but I'm super excited for all these new hardcore changes. HCS is a huge thing to get used to, but I really like your system and I haven't actually ever played on a BTW server, so I am excited to give it a go and learn the new mechanics at the same time. I managed to find my login for these forums and here I am. I am a student and pretty busy, but I would really like to get back into BTW and Minecraft so I think this will be a good way to do so.

1. In-game name - LexGoose
2. Experience with BTW and experience on servers - I've made it to steel multiple times, way back in 2011 or 2012 though, so consider me new to most things. My server experience goes only as far as a small vanilla server I set up for a few members of a forum years ago, a few larger servers where I didn't know anyone, and private servers with friends. I do know how they work on the admin side and as a player and I consider myself to be moderately experienced in them.
3. Rate your maturity on a scale of 1 to 100 - 80. To be honest. I'm in university and pretty busy, so I play games to relax. I can be mature if I need to be but I enjoy a good screwing around as well.
4. What's your favorite ice cream flavor? - S'mores.
Claim to fame: HCS before HCS was ever a thing
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

Coo, new player.

I just watered an annoying enderman just to have him warp into my cowpen and subsequently get slaughtered by my cattle.

xXClavenXx

Post by xXClavenXx »

Hey I'd love to join your server!!!
IGN: xXClavenXx
Experience: None with Better Than Wolves, but I have plenty of knowledge on running servers, and minecraft in general.
Maturity: 95
Favorite ice cream flavor: Black Raspberry
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

I updated map #25 around Puerto Del Sol, Solagracia, and Nocfactura, and added some roads to the maps around my vicinity.

You can see my city, Serra's big blue roofs, and Galaxy's giant fields from space. :P
Spoiler
Show

Btw, the jungle island has a portal now.
abculatter_2

Post by abculatter_2 »

1. In-game name: abculatter_2
2. Experience with BTW and experience on servers: I've accomplished pretty much everything in the mod prior to killing a wither to reach the end. I've never played in a world with steel, though. I haven't really played BTW much on servers.
3. Rate your maturity on a scale of 1 to 100: I have to say 69. I just have to, I'm sorry.
4. What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Vanilla
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

From my office of tourism :P
Spoiler
Show
abculatter_2

Post by abculatter_2 »

Now I'm very interested, even if only to look around at what's been built...
abculatter_2

Post by abculatter_2 »

So, every time I log in, I get disconnected after a couple minutes. My guess is that Puerto Del Sol (Which is where my character currently is) is just sending too much info through my shitty connection through my neighbor's wifi (Used with consent, I should add) and it's just timing out each time, since I can connect to the Quackers server well enough.

So yeah, I guess I'll have to get better internet to log back in.
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

abculatter_2 wrote:So, every time I log in, I get disconnected after a couple minutes. My guess is that Puerto Del Sol (Which is where my character currently is) is just sending too much info through my shitty connection through my neighbor's wifi (Used with consent, I should add) and it's just timing out each time, since I can connect to the Quackers server well enough.

So yeah, I guess I'll have to get better internet to log back in.
Sorry about that! The server was having issues, can you try connecting again?
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

I finished the church only to find it's completely useless. You can't make a priest-based emerald farm with just level 1's because once they're ready for the enchantment table they won't take anything else.

Lot of effort down the drain. I can't tell whether I feel more stupid, or jaded. Every other building in Puerto Del Sol has a purpose. I don't like building things for fluff. I just built a massive monument to uselessness and my city is stuck with it now.
Wibbles

Post by Wibbles »

morsmaestro wrote:I just built a massive monument to uselessness [...]
Sorry to butt in, but that sounds like it has a purpose then :)
_Wyvern_

Post by _Wyvern_ »

Hello guys, I just found BTW again and remembered, how cool it was, nostalgic... but that was like two years ago. I've read that much has changed and I wanted to find out for myself. But I'm not a Singleplayer, I need people to play with. Would you take me in?

IGN: _Wyvern_
Experience: played Minecraft since Alpha, on many many servers
Maturity: what a philoshophic question... it depends on the people I am with, but usually it should be over 90.
Favorite ice cream flavor: Chocolate, nothing else

Greetings,
Wyvern
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

morsmaestro wrote:I finished the church only to find it's completely useless. You can't make a priest-based emerald farm with just level 1's because once they're ready for the enchantment table they won't take anything else.

Lot of effort down the drain. I can't tell whether I feel more stupid, or jaded. Every other building in Puerto Del Sol has a purpose. I don't like building things for fluff. I just built a massive monument to uselessness and my city is stuck with it now.

You can always breed more to trade up to that point?

Also, I love your map!!
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

morsmaestro wrote:Lot of effort down the drain. I can't tell whether I feel more stupid, or jaded. Every other building in Puerto Del Sol has a purpose. I don't like building things for fluff. I just built a massive monument to uselessness and my city is stuck with it now.
Fill it with bookshelves and convert the innards to a library/laboratory.
If you ignore the glowstone trades librarians are fairly good for getting emeralds.
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

SerraNova wrote:You can always breed more to trade up to that point?
Sure, if we want a system with which we can trade an average of 4 diamonds for an emerald block. The point was sustainability.
Phoenix wrote:Fill it with bookshelves and convert the innards to a library/laboratory.
If you ignore the glowstone trades librarians are fairly good for getting emeralds.
I don't have that good a source of reeds... yet.

That'll be something to do in my new base.
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

Does anyone have large quantities of brimstone [or endstone] for sale? (also looking for feather fall scroll)

I can offer bulk quantities of wool/redstone/tallow, as well as infinity/aqua affinity/fire aspect/flame/knockback/respiration.
woggy

Post by woggy »

Hi! I've got a decent singleplayer BTW world going, but part of the fun of the game is collaborative creations (or just showing off to other server denizens). So, here I am.

IGN: woggy222
Experience: Vanilla since early Beta, BTW since Marsupial?!!?! Limited playing on some vanilla and other-mod servers, but never a BTW server.
Maturity: 72.2
Favorite ice cream flavor: Cookie dough, with or without chocolate chips
woggy

Post by woggy »

Sorry for the double-post.

I've managed to successfully connect, but there's nobody else on and so i'm not sure where is "open" space to build on. As it is I'm just kinda wandering around sightseeing.

EDIT: Thanks to Serra and Galaxy, I've found a build spot. It's just off the eastern edge of the HCS maps, halfway between portals 53 and 54 in the north-south direction. No portal of my own, yet.
Samorost

Post by Samorost »

Hi

1. In-game name: Samorost as here
2. Experience with BTW and experience on servers: with BTW since 2011 and with servers 1 weak
3. Rate your maturity on a scale of 1 to 100: 75
4. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?: mint :o)

let's go build something interesting
Czech Republic :)
Azpirina

Post by Azpirina »

Hello guys =)

1. In-game name: Azpirina
2. Experience with BTW and experience on servers: Playing BTW for some years now.
3. Rate your maturity on a scale of 1 to 100: 95
4. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?: Stracciatella

Hope to join you guys =D
Samorost

Post by Samorost »

Well, my new workspace :)
Spoiler
Show
Czech Republic :)
ThatOneKid

Post by ThatOneKid »

Not sure which one you check more often (Forum or email) , but I sent you an email with some whitelist suggestions.