Amalga: Co-op - V4.A1 Humpdated Camel

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
DiamondArms

Re: Amalga: Co-op - Always 100% survival

Post by DiamondArms »

myrkana wrote:1. In-game name Myrkana
2. Experience with BTW and experience on servers 2ish years maybe? before all the hardcore modes really came into play. I only play on servers/lan I don't like plauying alone :) my playing amount will vary proportionally to if people are on ^^
not sure what timezone you live in, but roughly noontime or midnight on weekends is pretty active.
Serra, need timezone reference. I'm usually on one day each weekend noon-midnight GMT+8.

Hail Bio! Nice to see a familiar presence.
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

I just left it at "evening" because Myr is not too far from my timezone, but for everyone else's info, I'm GMT -8. Also there are definitely people on at other times, that's just the biggest concentration.

Finally, even though it might be quietER this week, there were still a few people on yesterday. I don't want to make it sound like you need to wait!
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

im eastern time zone (ohio :) ) I;ll log on later tonight or tomorrow, gonna make gingerbread cookies tonight :D
Rawr :D
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

myrkana wrote:im eastern time zone (ohio :) ) I;ll log on later tonight or tomorrow, gonna make gingerbread cookies tonight :D
How about you bake cookies and bake cookies(in BTW).

Now i need to research what timezone Ohio is in.

Living on the other side of the world is tough.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

it's gmt -5 according to the map thing I found :)
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

myrkana wrote:it's gmt -5 according to the map thing I found :)
excellent. you're about 13 hours diff from my time. noon and midnight should be the rough intersection times we'll both be on.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

most likely minight for me and noon for you :p I tend to play more at night that noon as I'm either working or sleeping xD

oh btw my base is at portal 52. feel free to check out the beginnings of it :) started a spiral staircase down into the mountain and carving out rooms slowlyxD

feed the dog as you go by :p you'll see what I mean on your way <3
spying247

Post by spying247 »

1. In-game name
spying247
2. Experience with BTW and experience on servers
I have not played on any actual btw servers this will be the first public server i have played on, as for modded servers i have ran 3 different modded servers over the last 3 years and its way to stressful for my taste. i have been admin on two servers and i must say in terms of running a server vanilla is the easiest and the most boring, modded is the most difficult and the most fun
3. Rate your maturity on a scale of 1 to 100
4. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
cookie dough

i also sent you an email, just respond to which ever one you see first
LiveInPain

Post by LiveInPain »

1. LiveInPain
2. Picked up BTW again after almost 1 year without playing, haven't made it to end tech yet since I got back but i'm at the crucible. The only BTW server I played on was Benanov's Inhospitable Wasteland but played in a lot of vanilla servers before finding BTW.
3. 80-90
4. Raspberry
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

Okay, you are both whitelisted. Ask questions and for a tour from anyone who's there when you log on. Welcome!

In other news, the save got corrupted yesterday, leading to some downtime and a revert to 8 am Tuesday morning GMT. I'm really sorry about any lack of progress, and I'm set up so that particular thing shouldn't go wrong again.
Davirushash

Post by Davirushash »

1. In-game name
"_davirus" (without quotes)
I'm just a regular peasant building faraway with my own world on every server.
69 ;) damn nobody gets this maturity scale joke.
im just a generic computer guy so chololate is my favorite.

note: hope to join your survival adventures here!!

Edit: ow, Merry Christmas too.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Davirushash wrote: I'm just a regular peasant building faraway with my own world on every server.
Boo. Join a community. Do eeet.
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

Wayhey! Someone else can join me out in exile.

In other news; if anyone has any designs/ideas for the southern nether fortress [also in need of a better name], if anyones interested in teaming up give me a poke.
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

EtherealWrath wrote: In other news; if anyone has any designs/ideas for the southern nether fortress [also in need of a better name], if anyones interested in teaming up give me a poke.
Ideas!
1) Slab the whole thing over. I think there's demand for a nether fort mobfarm. Bonus points for doing tunnels so wither skels can't get in.
2) Install a rail to the nearest intersection with the SRS tunnel. Mostly a convenience issue. Long walks are long.
3) Name it "Cellar of George". Don't ask who George is.

I might want to join in if its on the weekend and others are on.
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

It seems the Groth is doing a lot of the work for me. I'm filling the rest of the fort with cement as slabbing is hard work.
I think Bio's working on a rail line. Its not that far to walk now its hooked in nether side.

I like the name, certainly part of the build will be called Cellar of George. Thanks :)
(There is the very beginnings of a grinder in progress, and the hellfire beacon is lit)
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Excellent! I look forward to checking it out.

Also, I keep forgetting cement exists. I haven't worked with soul urn cooking in a very long time. That gives me IDEAS!
(IDEAS go into singleplayer time though)
ColdAsAtoms

Post by ColdAsAtoms »

Server Whitelist Application:

1. In-game name
hornerunner

I've been playing BTW since shortly after it's first release. I mostly have played single player and really enjoy working on automation builds. I used to operate a small BTW server for a few friends, but they all stopped playing.

hmmm depends...let's go with 75

Mint Chocolate Chip
Caevin

Post by Caevin »

Hey there, I would be glad to join the server =)

1. In-game name
Caevin

Been playing BTW since...just about the beginning. "Skill level" though? I'm acceptable.
As for servers, I've joined a couple, and just sort of drifted away from. I want friends, but I'm also a loner! Ah, the indecision.

50. I am always terrible at scales, so I just always consider myself in the middle, and I'm usually right. I was born with an old man mentality though (what does that mean? Eh), but you're welcome on my lawn.

Mint chocolate chip! Hmmmmmm (Totally not copying ColdAsAtoms, who knows their ice cream flavours I see)
DeusExMachina647

Post by DeusExMachina647 »

This is my awesome sauce application :)

1. annoy4nce647
2. I haven't played much the newer versions of BTW, but I think learning all the new content on a server will be best, because I can ask people for help.
3. 86, at the point of making my username (6 years ago), I'd say I was a 41
4. Mmmmm. Strawberry
BarbasTheDog

Post by BarbasTheDog »

1. In-game name: BarbasTheDog

2. Experience with BTW and experience on servers: With BTW? Absolutely none! :D Even though I've been playing Modded MC since the good ol' Tekkit days, I had only heard of Better Than Wolves and never sought to investigate what it was all about. Then I stumbled upon a very old video interview with FlowerChild about it a few weeks ago and loved the idea, so I went and checked if it was still a thing, turns out it is! I have tried it in SP enough to know that I will like it, but not much more than that yet.
As for experience on servers, I've been playing on servers for more than a year now and have actually ran a server before. I know very well the boundaries of propper MC behaviour, and I don't imagine it's very different in BTW

3. Rate your maturity on a scale of 1 to 100: From 50 to 60. I'm reluctant to give myself any higher of a score because I love non-destructive pranking (both pranking and being pranked) and I consider it a very integral part of a healthy MC multiplayer experience. :)

4. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?: Oh, that'd have to be açaí. I live in Brazil, and I must say it is one of my favourite things about living in this country.
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

Quick update;
Figured out a auto sorting mechanism for the nether grinder, and fired up the killing mechanism.
Silverhold now has some more peasants, and a second butcher. Also I sold a load of Serra's stuff to that librarian (again).
I've also tinkered with the sorting mechanism under Silverhold's grinder- trying to get the missing scroll type.
-Double update-
Got the new scroll. Should be a full set for the grinder now ;)
Also I put in an automatic vine farm, just across from the autosaw.
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

I think I'm going to get my computer back soon. I might just want to start over though. I need something new to occupy my mind. What's been happening? What new communities exist now? Maybe it'd be good for me to build with someone.
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

morsmaestro wrote:I think I'm going to get my computer back soon. I might just want to start over though. I need something new to occupy my mind. What's been happening? What new communities exist now? Maybe it'd be good for me to build with someone.
Yay! It's ok if you start fresh, although I think it's good you live in the south. Bio, Arad and Hornerunner have developed a few close settlements by portal 56 in the south continent, and serra and I have been working on our areas. If you stayed in the south, you'd be near most the people. Serra and I (with help from Locke) made an endermen farm, and have been working on making the end better. I added rails to the main nether tunnels.
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

GalaxyTreader wrote:
morsmaestro wrote:I think I'm going to get my computer back soon. I might just want to start over though. I need something new to occupy my mind. What's been happening? What new communities exist now? Maybe it'd be good for me to build with someone.
Yay! It's ok if you start fresh, although I think it's good you live in the south. Bio, Arad and Hornerunner have developed a few close settlements by portal 56 in the south continent, and serra and I have been working on our areas. If you stayed in the south, you'd be near most the people. Serra and I (with help from Locke) made an endermen farm, and have been working on making the end better. I added rails to the main nether tunnels.
Hmm, there's a number of things I could do I suppose, but I'll keep that in mind. I might be persuaded into building an end base, which would keep the farm running.

I was mostly talking about teaming up with someone, so if anyone new is reading this, I'm open to suggestions. I'm a good builder, but I'd like a partner who is too.

If not that... I do have an idea that could surpass the Titan V, but I'd need a good location. One pixel on the map is one chunk, correct?
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

yes one pixel is...why do you ask? ... ..... !!!???! I think you should do whatever you're planning :P