Purgatory: BTW Cooperative Server

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
hawk

Purgatory: BTW Cooperative Server

Post by hawk »

Welcome to Purgatory
Normal Biomes | Normal Difficulty | Better Than Wolves 4.99999A0Fb Marsupial!?!?

Server is Open

Server IP will be PM'd to whitelisted players | TeamSpeak IP and Password will be PM'd to whitelisted players

Don'ts
No Cheating
No Griefing (this includes kiting creepers)
No PvP unless by mutual consent
No Stealing
No racist or homophobic comments (even if you're joking)
Don't be a dickhead in general

Do's
Build/work together
Try to build Purdy things even if you think you suck at aesthetic builds
Play Often
Have Fun

Mini Whitelist Application
IGN?
Why do you want to play here?
How many hours a week you think you'll be playing on this lovely server?

Spawn (so far):
Last edited by hawk on Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:07 pm, edited 7 times in total.
EpicAaron

Re: Interest Check: New SMP Cooperative Server

Post by EpicAaron »

Two other friends of mine and I are always willing to jump into a new survival server. We would most likely spend many hours on it for the first few weeks if the rest of the player base is active enough. The current existing servers are a little stagnant at the moment, so a fresh experience is welcome!
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
Mistery159

I want :v

Post by Mistery159 »

Niiiice, a new server.

Hope to be 1+ in your server white list =)
AddyBaha

Post by AddyBaha »

starting on a new server would be cool - espacially since I wasn't able to be active on any servers or the forums for the last 4 months.
I'm really interested and hope you find some cool folks
MagikEh wrote:Placent Placenta Placenta! It's like beetle juice right?
hawk

Post by hawk »

So there's at least a little interest to get a new server going... Good enough for me.

I'll start a new thread (or repurpose this one) for whitelisting within couple of days once I get everything finalized on my end. I plan on including the latest version of Yhetti's DECO add-on so anyone looking to play here should install that client side. While your there in the add-on sub forum Grab Six's Better Items Frame Maps even if you don't intend to play on this server. It's simple and great.
hawk

Re: Purgatory: BTW Cooperative Server w/ DECO addon

Post by hawk »

Server Sign-up Open

See updated OP :)
HappyDyas

Post by HappyDyas »

Heck YEAH!

IGN: HappyDyas

Reason: I love BTW but haven't been able to play on a server as there was a lack of people and therefore it felt like i was playing single player. I look forward to building with people and watching their build styles at it may influence my own.

Time: im hoping to put around 50 hours a month as that should be a good number but with college starting up soon juggling that schedule will be interesting. however, as i love the mod i will be making time for that commitment!

Question, will there possibly be a TS server or a skype call hosted for the people that might want that?
hawk

Post by hawk »

HappyDyas wrote:IGN: HappyDyas
Whitelisted!
HappyDyas wrote:Question, will there possibly be a TS server or a skype call hosted for the people that might want that?
If there's enough interest I'll set-up a TS server. Anyone else joining, please provide your thoughts on this. I hadn't given a Skype call much thought but again: If theres enough interest there, I'm open for it. Communication is a good thing as long as it adds to fun parts of coop but I dont want any of this to feel like a job. There's more than enough of that in my life currently :)
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

IGN: EpicAaron29

Why do you want to play here?: I enjoy building up civilization from the early game and hope to leave a larger mark with better builds on this server than previous servers.

How many hours a week you think you'll be playing on this lovely server?: Until classes start I'll likely be putting in about 10-15 hours a week into the server. Afterwards, I'll play mostly on the weekends.
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

IGN: RalphKastro

Why: I love Better than Wolves, but also suck at it. I decided to try and play in the more forgiving world of MP(also, I suck at making aboveground bases, so you won't even notice I'm there unless you find my caves)

How much: probably not so much these first weeks of setember, but as soon as I get bored of Rogue Legacy I'll be playing almost every evening.
OlbaiD

Post by OlbaiD »

IGN: Ab00t

WHY: I had fun playing in other servers before. I've been playing single ATM, which is awesome but there is something missing. Maybe its time to revive the multiplayer experience again.

HOW MUCH TIME: 10 hours a week ( + or -). I might not be one of the most active players LOL (because of work and life with wife XD)
hawk

Post by hawk »

EpicAaron, RalphKastro, OlbaiD

You guys are in.Did any of you have an opinion on TeamSpeak? I've never used it but I'm inclined to set it up.

EDIT: Nevermind. Went ahead and set it up.
AddyBaha

Re: Purgatory: BTW Cooperative Server w/ Deco addon

Post by AddyBaha »

IGN: AddyBaha
Why I want to play here: I finnaly got time again to join a server and pla this wonderful conversion. And I love the Deco-addon so I'm really happy you included it.
How much time: Hard to say most times probably on th weekend 8 to 10 hours
hawk

Post by hawk »

AddyBaha wrote:IGN: AddyBaha
Whitelisted! I'll PM you vitals in a minute. I've got everything up and running now so you can test your speed and mess around if you want. We'll start a fresh world at launch.
topguy

Post by topguy »

IGN? topguy
Why do you want to play here? - I always wanted to join a fresh world Better than Wolves server, something I never did before. I also enjoy playing with other players and showing them my builds. I also been wanting to join a server anyway, all the others are usually empty.
How many hours a week you think you'll be playing on this lovely server? Depends on how busy I am in the week. It could be 2 to even 20 hours. (More or less) But I doubt it will ever be 2 hours even on the busiest of weeks. (I'll play mostly on the weekends, but may be gone on some weekends.)
hawk

Post by hawk »

Topguy, welcome to the party. I'm out of town all weekend but I'll PM you the details when I get a chance.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

IGN? Myrkana
Why do you want to play here? I like playing btw with people:)
How many hours a week you think you'll be playing on this lovely server? hmm not sure, it'll fluctuate a lot depending on work schedule, and I'll be playing archeage when it drops in 2 weeks, but I'll probably pop on for at least an hour a day once the first week or so of archeage is done with :)
Rawr :D
hawk

Post by hawk »

Myrkana, Happy to have you! I'll shoot you the details soon.

AddyBaha, I've tried to PM you but it appears to have PM receipt disabled. Give me a shout when you get that sorted and I'll send you all the details.

Everyone,

In the OP I said we would have a tentative start date of today but since I was unable to nail down an exact time I'm going to move that to September 3rd, 6pm US Central Time. With daylight saving in effect , I believe that is 5 hours behind GMT. The server is currently up and running so you can test your connection and speed. We start a fresh world for the grand opening. If the majority of you guys can't make it please let me know via post or PM. I'm on vacation/holiday this week so I can move it around to accommodate.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

I can't connect to the server, says kicked by operator o.O assume your doing something?
Rawr :D
hawk

Post by hawk »

Hmmmm...
My end said you were booted because you weren't on the whitelist. I hadn't added you yet at that point but I also didn't have whitelisting enabled. Weird.

Give it another go. I'll keep an eye out.

EDIT: For what its worth, I figured out what went funky. Shouldn't be an issue going forward.
Mistery159

Post by Mistery159 »

IGN: Sr_Ryuk
Why? Well, I always wanted to join a fresh new server with BTW (I cannot play vanilla anymore lol) and the others coop server are already settled.
How many hours a week? Between 8 and 35 hours. I'm studying Mech & Elect. Engineering and some weeks in really busy (but I always play in weekends :) )
hawk

Post by hawk »

Mistery159, I'm going to whitelist you but judging from a recent post (unless you've upgraded/replaced your computer) I suspect you are going to have performance issues. I hope I am wrong. Also, good luck in your studies. I remember how demanding some of that can be.
hawk

Post by hawk »

AddyBaha,
I received your most recent PM. I still can't PM you. I think your inbox might be full. Try deleting some old messages. Once you've done that, let me know.
AddyBaha

Post by AddyBaha »

there is only one message in my inbox. I really dont understand whats going on I'll pm you my e-mail adress ifyou're ok with that. Also is there a tutorial somewhere how to manage you messages?
hawk

Post by hawk »

AddyBaha wrote:there is only one message in my inbox. I really dont understand whats going on I'll pm you my e-mail adress ifyou're ok with that. Also is there a tutorial somewhere how to manage you messages?
Sure, I'm fine with handling this over email. Go ahead and PM me and I'll email you what you need.

The PM button under your posts is missing and when I try to reply or add you to a new message I get the following message:
Some users couldn’t be added as they have disabled private message receipt.
I was only guessing when I mentioned that your inbox might be full.
You might want to try the going to clicking "User Control Panel" in the upper right of the forum pages one you are logged on. In the middle right of that page, select "Board preferences" then "» Edit global settings". The third option down is "Allow users to send you private messages:". Make sure that is set to "Yes"