Friendly Coop BTW Server !

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
DiamondArms

Re: Friendly Coop BTW Server !

Post by DiamondArms »

I haven't seen the interior of the cow farm, but I think adding vine traps to convince the cows should help with the clogging. They don't care how much of a drop it is if they can't see it.
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

I bet you thought I forgot about taking pretty pictures of the server? Nope! Just a long break :P Here's volumes 2 of Sights To See: http://imgur.com/a/SV3Od#0. This one is just of Constaquara, sorry southerners. I just did towns, but by visiting them you'll see a lot of the best land formations.
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

Been trying to figure the mob-leak in my grinder.

- I can't see any holes left in the floor they could drop through.
- Mobs can't spawn in that particular area under it (verified with beacon effect)

- mobs seem to be phasing through stone (the old vanilla bug thats been around for ages).
- normally this results in client sided 'ghost' mobs that you can't interact with.
- but the server seems to be tracking these mobs through, and setting their position under the grinder- resulting in some very real monsters where they probably shouldn't be.

Chances are I've missed something, and everything is normal- but I'd appreciate a little help all the same.
-look at around 9 seconds in; the creeper and skeleton seem to drop through, then carry on as normal mobs.
Spoiler
Show
--Edit--

Going to redesign the trap a little. Hopefully get a higher throughput as a result.
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

anyone alive out there? :-p I'm pretty sure ya'll are dead xD
Rawr :D
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

I'm still around.
Seen a couple of new players about too.

Also I'm selling my body/random junk.
If anyone wants respiration/protection scrolls, clay, redstone, head, cake, soul urns ect let me know.
[yes- I've ran out of gold again]
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

why don't you go to the pig farm in the nether o.O
Rawr :D
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

Work takes up most of my day- with the little time I'm on I'd rather be doing something else in game than AFKing in the nether.
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

myrkana wrote:anyone alive out there? :-p I'm pretty sure ya'll are dead xD
Not dead! Busy with summer things (and other games >.> ), but I should be playing again more soon. I'm glad you haven't given up on us.

And Phoenix, about the gold, do you realize how fast that trap is? There is even a bunch of gold there already, just from people passing by. Although I am certainly up for trading gold for soul urns if you insist! ;)
turtlemuncher

Post by turtlemuncher »

Sorry for being gone so long :P im still here its just i got intrested in TFC and ive been doing that lately because i dont have stable internet -___- so, i will be back on later this year after i get back home and everything has become more stable
Biological_TNT

Post by Biological_TNT »

I'm pretty sure I'm not dead either ^^ Have been working on a custom map kinda long... and wandering around in the 2-dimensional worlds of terraria... Well, time for BTW again :P (Let's hope that more of us will start playing on the server again than just that few ppl. Maybe a friend of mine will start playing BTW in a few days - he's whitelisted since a few months.)
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Not dead, work hard and no internet. Will be cold winter. Oh and my laptop crapped out yet again, once peace is restored I'll be back for a holy crusade or two.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Not dead, not quiet alive, but not dead. Just busy with my personal life and work, but I will try to poke my head in every now and then :)
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Not dead here. forum lurking mostly, might be back to fix that damn jungle spider trap sometime.
good news is that now that the mechanism's been nailed, all I need to do is tinker with the bait and killing
(and scale the trap up to 11++ or something)
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

Looks like Hammersley nexus got ghasted/creeped :(
- I could patch the hole next time I pass through, but some else will have to repair the redstone.

Also
I made this bloodwood farm
Show
Please don't fall down the hole like you all do in my overworld base.
Quick update- connected my rail station into the server network.
Theres a direct line from Hammersley nexus (over the whitestone bridge), and integrated into Bio's tunnel to Piston Valley.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Can I get a screenshot of the disaster zone? I'll try to find some time to come on an fix it.
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

Looks like it might just be cosmetic damage.
The pistons seem to respond ok when I go over.
Spoiler
Show
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

location noted. I'll drop in and do a spot check when I can.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

hole repaired and other orifices closed. we shouldn't be having this happen again unless someone manages to drop a soul urn in the place.
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

Recently re-obtained internet...and a home, actually, come to think of it. So I might be on sometime. Doesn't look like much has changed on the map though.
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

Mors, woww...! Glad things are better now.
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

morsmaestro wrote:Recently re-obtained internet...and a home, actually, come to think of it. So I might be on sometime. Doesn't look like much has changed on the map though.
Welcome back.

A lot of my recent building has been underground, or in the nether.
-There is one large development of mine that shows on the map; but that would be a spoiler ;)

Edit- Anyone want to buy some slimeballs?
rezolv

Post by rezolv »

Hi, IGN is badninja and I'm interested in applying to your community.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

So...ender pearls are a deal now. Once the update is pushed on the server, I'll try to find some time to pop on and manufacture the ender pearl blocks.

And even I thought I was crazy for saving all those ender pearls. Not so crazy now, it seems.

expect enderpearl blocks to reach your local supplier in the near future!
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Hey, request for PK. Was wondering if I could get a copy of the server world? I have been wanting to screw around with my crazy auto wheat farm, and show some buddies who don't play on your server. (the ability to fly is really the only way to show her off)
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
PK_420

Post by PK_420 »

Well, As many of you may have noticed, the server was offline for quite a while.

It crashed quite badly few days before christmas, since then I worked on it to try to get it running,
The diagnosis pointed me to a failed solid state drive, which happened to be the operating system and the server files. Fortunately, I had backups, well I thought so, until I discovered that the problem was actually corruption on the two drives, probably caused by a power outage.
I managed to salvage an old hard drive from an old computer at work, it's slow and noisy but it is working like a charm. The recovery process of the two affected drives was quite painful, had to try many things to copy all the bits I could.
Late yesterday I managed to start the computer without errors, I tried the server but it was corrupted, managed to pull some backups of the missing files and started it to my amazement it was working, almost!
I still have some errors to fix, the website is still not working, so I decided to park the domain, right now if you visit PK-420.com/BTW you'll find a nice progression bar, indicating pretty much that the only thing missing is the website. I am trying to work on this issue and will notify you as soon as it's ready. In the meantime, I started the server at BTW.PK-420.com please feel free to give me your feedback, come back play with us! We also have a TeamSpeak Server at TS3.PK-420.com and a vanilla minecraft server running the latest version at MC.PK-420.com

- Hope to see you online soon!