Better Than Horses v0.3 (BTW v.4-89PHILLIP)

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
DaveYanakov

Re: Better Than Horses v0.3 (BTW v.4-89PHILLIP)

Post by DaveYanakov »

The intent was to make horses a useful tool for exploring rough terrain. Not faster but with different hardcore movement rules as well as companions similar to wolves.
Better is the enemy of Good
DNoved1

Post by DNoved1 »

Out of curiosity, and other things, has anyone managed to tame a horse?

I've got a couple tweaks in mind related to slightly easing their use over rough terrain (right now they are *much* more useful given a proper road). Of course, if anyone else uses horses for travel I'd be willing to hear feedback on such.
karnak sam

Post by karnak sam »

DNoved1 wrote:Out of curiosity, and other things, has anyone managed to tame a horse?

I've got a couple tweaks in mind related to slightly easing their use over rough terrain (right now they are *much* more useful given a proper road). Of course, if anyone else uses horses for travel I'd be willing to hear feedback on such.
i've tried everything i can think of and i'm sorry to say no.
ion

Post by ion »

truth be told after seeing meat loving horses i just kill them when i find them. i need to purge my world from the abominations.
did not even bother to tame them.
crusader ion, destroyer of horses is my known name in the lands
DNoved1

Post by DNoved1 »

I can understand the feeling :P
karnak sam

Post by karnak sam »

ok i'm done. i'd really like to provide some kind of feedback but i'm out of ideas. i'm very curious if anyone else has figured out what i'm not getting.
matty79321
Location: public Location getLocation() { return new Location("Neeeerrrrrrddd"); }

Post by matty79321 »

Well, I've tried everything I can think of as well. It seems like I'm close, I've gotten the distance of where the horse hits me down to where i can touch his head IRL, but IDK if thats any real progress or just something else. I've also found out how much damage they can take, but IDK if that leads anywhere besides how many hits they can take when ridden. But no taming yet :/

Edit: just checked, my SFS armor has really taken a beating...
Unfortunately, without a total rewrite, vanilla MC will still be a resource whore.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

After playtesting this for several hours I have come to the decision that the addon will not be a part of my BTW installation. DNoved, could you please remove my name from the credits? This is not what I wrote.
DNoved1

Post by DNoved1 »

Quite right.
karnak sam

Post by karnak sam »

It is with humility that I beg on behalf of those that still want to know what this add on has to offer for more help taming these little bastards!
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

You cannot. I do not see any way that horses could be used to "transport lots of stuff" either. No more than walking along a prepared road could in any case.
karnak sam

Post by karnak sam »

so this whole thing is another troll?
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I feel that I was unclear in my communication earlier.

DNoved, you are of course free to design and develop your own vision for an addon. Doing so under the guise of an established concept that runs entirely counter to what you have presented is a gross misrepresentation and breech of trust. You have posted no warnings at all about the havok this would wreak upon peoples saves whatsoever. I am deeply offended that you would put my name on this as if I had signed off on it without so much as giving me the chance to playtest it first, not to mention indicating that I had designed it when you threw the established design to the winds when you came up with this.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Given Dave's mention of damage to worlds in the above post, I'm locking this down and removing the download link for the time being.

I don't know exactly what's going on here, but I am inclined to trust Dave's judgement. I'll restore the thread should this turn out to be a misunderstanding.